+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notice to appear for verification of documents - what questions can be asked?

jimmi1977

Feb 5, 2010
Hi, I have older parents. They don't require test/english knowledge.

However, they are curious what questions can be asked during verification? Their english is not very good and they are worried a bit

Thanks!

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think the officer would simply ask for IDs and their passports. They can use a interpreter if they have difficulty communicating in English.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Hi, I have older parents. They don't require test/english knowledge.

However, they are curious what questions can be asked during verification? Their english is not very good and they are worried a bit

Thanks!
Dear Jimmi1977. Nothing to worry. I am 74 years old and in my interview at Scarborough on 5th feb the receptionist told me that as per IRCC a senior person is allowed one attendant for all questions and answers. In my case though I have good knowledge of English having CLB 7 6 7 7 IRCC offer asked few questions from daughter in law as to whether I am working or retired. Hi simply cheked my PR and landing paper and he has not even seen my Passport and told me that citizenship is approved and you will be getting invitation of oath from 2 to 8 weeks. In our group all senior citizen were allowed to sit together in waiting area along with one attendant and they have dealt with us within 5 minutes for each senior. Wish all success for your parents.

Reactions: wstrn24

jimmi1977

Feb 5, 2010
Seems they should be ok. One of them knows english well enough, as long as one of them can translate for the other...

Thanks for replies!