+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOTICE received with AOR and Booklet

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Applicants/Experts,

I have received my AOR and booklet with a special "NOTICE" which mentioned: "Your Language Abilities" blah blah. Is it normal to receive a notice with Discover Canada Booklet?

AOR, NOTICE, and the Discover Canada Booklet Received on the 26th of March.

Ecas Updated:11 March

Please advise....

Thanks

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
jujuberanch said:
Now prepare your mind for the long wait Canada style 13 to 100 months! You will
likely hit the lotto if your application is completed under 13 months unless you re from Ont

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
rizcom123 said:
Hi Applicants/Experts,

I have received my AOR and booklet with a special "NOTICE" which mentioned: "Your Language Abilities" blah blah. Is it normal to receive a notice with Discover Canada Booklet?

Please advise....

Thanks
Hi,

Do you mind elaborating more on this notice?

Thanks!

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
rizcom123 said:
Hi Applicants/Experts,

Please advise....

Thanks
At least describe the notice so people can understand what you need to be advised.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadp said:
At least describe the notice so people can understand what you need to be advised.
It's just the second page of the AOR. he mentions it in his post, the part with the language skills.

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the NOTICE that I received:

NOTICE

Your language abilities

The citizenship knowledge test as well as your interaction with Citizenship and Immigration Canada staff will relied on in assessing whether you have an adequate ability to communicate in either English or French.

The criteria used to assess whether you have an adequate knowledge of either English or French is based on your ability to understand basic spoken statements and questions, and your ability to communicate basic information, or answers in response to these questions.

For example, as part of your interaction with department staff, and or as part of your written or oral test with a citizenship judge, you will be expected to:

- Answer simple questions on familiar topics using short sentences.
- Demonstrate adequate vocabulary for basic everyday communication
- Tell a simple story about everyday activities
- Speak about something you did in the past (or will do in the future)Etc..

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you taken any CIC recognized language test like CELPIP or IELTS and submitted with your application? I presume you have submitted your overseas diploma and as per rule CIC accepted that but in reality they have not tested your adequate language ability. CIC will be looking in future how to cut-down grant of citizenship application and will look for loopholes and lacking etc...

In my opinion, I think CIC want applicant to take CELPIP as this is purely Canadian language test where CIC might have stake on this specially the one CELPIP G-LS designed for Citizenship only and cost $150. As per your letter contents, I find it is almost the same kind of shorter version test you will be facing with CIC which people face with CELPIP for 1 hours test..

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rizcom123 said:
Here is the NOTICE that I received:

NOTICE

Your language abilities

The citizenship knowledge test as well as your interaction with Citizenship and Immigration Canada staff will relied on in assessing whether you have an adequate ability to communicate in either English or French.

The criteria used to assess whether you have an adequate knowledge of either English or French is based on your ability to understand basic spoken statements and questions, and your ability to communicate basic information, or answers in response to these questions.

For example, as part of your interaction with department staff, and or as part of your written or oral test with a citizenship judge, you will be expected to:

- Answer simple questions on familiar topics using short sentences.
- Demonstrate adequate vocabulary for basic everyday communication
- Tell a simple story about everyday activities
- Speak about something you did in the past (or will do in the future)Etc..
dont worry. they are just giving a preview of the citizenship test.

sahil1

Feb 24, 2014
I got same notice with my AOR and discover Canada book. My application was received on 17th Dec 2013 by CIC sydney. Also I passed my celpip test on 20th Sep 2013 with 5H level.

So now a days I think cic is sending this notice to everyone.

Thanks

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
I received same notice despite I wrote CELPIP and I got high grade 5H

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xzb33 said:
I received same notice despite I wrote CELPIP and I got high grade 5H
Ohh.. I think CIC are frequently changing the rules internally. If CIC take a further language test even taking CELPIP then for what reason they still asking people to take that who does not have diploma in english medium.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rayman_m said:
Ohh.. I think CIC are frequently changing the rules internally. If CIC take a further language test even taking CELPIP then for what reason they still asking people to take that who does not have diploma in english medium.
i think you are confused. the language test mentioned in the letter is the citizenship test and the interview with the officer, which is a test of whether the applicant understands english and/or french.

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for all the inputs!

Rayman,

I submitted my Masters Degree Certificate with trancript mentioned lectured in English and I did the Masters in the UK.