+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notes from Discover Canada - Preparation for the Citizenship Test

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey all + @soumya2k2 @rajkamalmohanram ! Can I paste my website in this thread? It's new and there is only 1 test at the moment, but it is actual questions and can definitely be used for practice (and I would love to get feedback about the responsiveness of the interface).
I have no problems with that. I'd be interested to check it out.

Go ahead and post it and if the admin/mods see an issue with it, then may be you can talk to them.

Reactions: cpstwenty21

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
I have no problems with that. I'd be interested to check it out.

Go ahead and post it and if the admin/mods see an issue with it, then may be you can talk to them.
Thanks for letting me use your thread. I hope the mods are okay with it since there lots of other sites linked through this forum as well.

The site is EZTest.ca . I hope it helps some people practice for their upcoming tests!

Reactions: royce110

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for letting me use your thread. I hope the mods are okay with it since there lots of other sites linked through this forum as well.

The site is EZTest.ca . I hope it helps some people practice for their upcoming tests!
I tried it out. I (luckily) passed (barely though).

Score: 15 out of 20.You passed this test!
Incorrect: 5 ; unanswered : 0
Submit quiz

Looks good, thanks for creating this. The site was smooth and easy-to-use. From a UX perspective, I'd suggesting putting the Previous and the Next buttons below the area containing the questions and make the button sizes smaller for quick navigation but that's only a suggestion and I personally think that could improve UX. Otherwise, this is a great tool. Hope you add more tests!

esse

Jun 21, 2021

I also took the sample test. Is there a way to start the time automatically? Also, can you change the questions so they are not in the same order when someone takes the test more than once? Thanks for sharing your work.

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
I tried it out. I (luckily) passed (barely though).

Score: 15 out of 20.You passed this test!
Incorrect: 5 ; unanswered : 0
Submit quiz

Looks good, thanks for creating this. The site was smooth and easy-to-use. From a UX perspective, I'd suggesting putting the Previous and the Next buttons below the area containing the questions and make the button sizes smaller for quick navigation but that's only a suggestion and I personally think that could improve UX. Otherwise, this is a great tool. Hope you add more tests!
oh great! thank you so much for your feedback and for looking at it from an improvement perspective.
Got it, I will work on repositioning the buttons as you have suggested.
Quick follow up about the button size comment; did you try it out on a mobile or on your computer/laptop? I agree about the buttons being a bit large for a computer/laptop, but am wondering which layout you used.

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
I also took the sample test. Is there a way to start the time automatically? Also, can you change the questions so they are not in the same order when someone takes the test more than once? Thanks for sharing your work.
Hi @esse and thank you for taking the time to use it and provide feedback.
Got it, I will add the auto-start and order change to my list of things to improve.

Reactions: esse

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
oh great! thank you so much for your feedback and for looking at it from an improvement perspective.
Quick follow up about the button size comment; did you try it out on a mobile or on your computer/laptop? I agree about the buttons being a bit large for a computer/laptop, but am wondering which layout you used.
I used it on my desktop.

esse

Jun 21, 2021

I also used it on my desktop with a 34 inch monitor. I have difficulty in reading small print. Font size was just fine for me. Thanks again.

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
Hi @esse and thank you for taking the time to use it and provide feedback.
Got it, I will add the auto-start and order change to my list of things to improve.
@esse I had a bit of spare time today so I added the auto start that you suggested.
So now, when one goes to the quiz page, there's a ready check / intro box.
Clicking the box displays the questions and also starts the countdown timer.

• Love
Reactions: esse

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
@rajkamalmohanram thanks again. I did end up making the positioning changes (on the computer layout) that you suggested and it definitely does make the navigation feel nicer to me as well.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

cpstwenty21

Aug 11, 2021
Canada
@esse I had a bit of spare time today so I added the auto start that you suggested.
So now, when one goes to the quiz page, there's a ready check / intro box.
Clicking the box displays the questions and also starts the countdown timer.
Also, can you change the questions so they are not in the same order when someone takes the test more than once?
@esse Hi again. I modified it so that the question sequence + the answer options sequence change when the test is repeated.
Also, I played around with the mobile phone interface and changed it. I think it feels better now, but that's just me :p

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
I took both tests. I got 19/20 the first, 17/20 the second. It looks ok. A bit small letters though but I could read. Looking forward for more tests like these :)