AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
@cpstwenty21 Thank you a lot. I did the third test. I got 19/20. Very helpful!

Reactions: cpstwenty21

Genesis76

Star Member
Jan 26, 2016
London (Ontario)
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
IELTS Request
No need
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
09-03-2018
Hi @cpstwenty21. I was playing again with your tests. In test 2 there is a question about the Habeas corpus. After selecting 'From English Common Law' it is still considered as a mistake. Could you please fix this? :)

Reactions: cpstwenty21

MonuTalli

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hyderabad, INDIA
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16th May 2016
AOR Received.
25th June 2016
IELTS Request
UP Front
Med's Request
UP Front
Passport Req..
15th February 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2017
LANDED..........
18-05-2017
@rajkamalmohanram, You are amazing as always. Thank you for the wonderful notes for Citizenship test. I have reported the post to moderator so they can make the post Sticky.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

anyusernameisgood

Jun 24, 2021
Btw for citizenship test prep, I saw someone posted earlier with a website they made -

I would also check out the official Richmond Public Library's test: https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

You can basically do it in 'test' mode where you answer and check the results, or just look at the answers. They have 154 questions in there, basically all the possible questions that can be asked. Fairly easy to memorize, then just do it in 'test' mode a couple times and should be good.

dhanda

Jun 26, 2015
Btw for citizenship test prep, I saw someone posted earlier with a website they made -

I would also check out the official Richmond Public Library's test: https://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/

You can basically do it in 'test' mode where you answer and check the results, or just look at the answers. They have 154 questions in there, basically all the possible questions that can be asked. Fairly easy to memorize, then just do it in 'test' mode a couple times and should be good.
How close are these questions to the real test questions ?

vg1989

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
These notes are good, its almost the complete book :) I gave the test today and scored 20/20.

Here's how I prepared:

1) I wanted to give the test quickly, so had only a couple of days to prepare (along-with my job) after the invitation.

2) I never aimed for 20/20. I prepared with the aim of 16/20 (1 extra than required cutoff). I am relatively bad in cramming things, but its easier for me to remember if I am able to relate with things or logical reasoning.

3) I used only these sources: The book, Raj's notes, Apna Toronto Questions (Richmond Hill Questions are relatively outdated, but I did go through it)

4) Based on the forums, I realized that test tries to cover couple of questions from each chapter. So I planned to focus more on few chapters but lesser on other chapters.

5) I prepared well (100%) for these chapters (read the book, notes and questions):
  • Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship
  • How Canadians Govern Themselves
  • Federal Elections
  • The Justice System
  • Canada’s Economy
  • Canada’s Region
6) I prepared about 70-80% for these two chapters (skimmed the book and notes, but did really well on questions):
  • Who We Are
  • Canadian Symbols
7) Lastly I prepared about 60% for these two big chapters (skimmed through notes only, but focused mostly on questions):
  • Canada’s History
  • Modern Canada
8) During preparation, I was very bad with the history dates/events. In the different chapters, dates were moving back (past) and forth (future). So based on questions (not entire book), I prepared a list of few prominent years/events in orderly fashion and revised it just before the test.

9) Yes I was a bit nervous with my customized approach before the test, but then I went with the cool approach knowing that I can take a few guesses.

10) I started well and was gaining confidence with every question (~10 seconds per question). I didn't want to overthink or review the answers, so I was going through the questions quickly and finished the test within 3-4 minutes. I had to take a guess only for one question.

11) The plan worked really well for me. Even though I got 20/20, I wouldn't say it was super easy but it was certainly not very difficult. I prepared knowing my strengths and weaknesses, so please use the approach which suites you the best.

Good luck everyone.

n00b Question: I noticed on the Richmond Library Test that you have to select a Province. Does the real test have province-specific questions based on our current residence?

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
My PR doesn't have a signature on it but it's one of the accepted id to take the test, however they say ID with your signature on it . Help please, what do I do? Should I use my driving license to take the test?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My PR doesn't have a signature on it but it's one of the accepted id to take the test, however they say ID with your signature on it . Help please, what do I do? Should I use my driving license to take the test?
You can use your PR card as an ID document for the test even though it doesn't have a signature because PR card is explicitly mentioned as one of the documents that can be used. There were some reports on the forum who successfully completed their tests with PR card as the ID.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
n00b Question: I noticed on the Richmond Library Test that you have to select a Province. Does the real test have province-specific questions based on our current residence?
Not really. There are not many reports about this but the general understanding is that there isn't anything that is "province-specific" on the test. I sure didn't get any province specific questions on mine.

Reactions: 8494193