+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notary Affidavit Steel Seal - Not Displayed after scan - Urgent

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hi,

I have received affidavit from Notary public, he put Steel seal along with his signature, however Steel seal is displayed after scan. Its only veiwable on the true copy.

Please provide your suggestion if any one came through similar situation. Whether CIC will refuse if Steel seal is not displayed in Uploaded copy.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi,

I have received affidavit from Notary public, he put Steel seal along with his signature, however Steel seal is displayed after scan. Its only veiwable on the true copy.

Please provide your suggestion if any one came through similar situation. Whether CIC will refuse if Steel seal is not displayed in Uploaded copy.
Ah! I knew someone would encounter this same problem!! This happened to me and unfortunately I did not realize this until my application was returned as incomplete because of this reason :) So do not upload the scanned copy with invisible seal, or you would be rejected...

You have 2 options:
1 - Ask your Notary Public to put a gold seal sticker on the document and apply seal on that sticker. It would look like this: http://www.phonydiploma.com/Images/Foil Seal pics/Raised Gold Emblem UC San Diego Photo.jpg
This option would require you to go get notarized and pay again...

2 - Use a scanning app on your phone. I tried on mine. Normal scanner will make the seal disappear. But if you use a scanning app on your phone and scan the document, the quality is still good and the seal is clearly visible. To use this option, you need to have a decent phone (iPhone 6 or higher, or equivalent Android).

Hope this helps. Let me know if I could provide any further clarifications. Cheers.

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Ah! I knew someone would encounter this same problem!! This happened to me and unfortunately I did not realize this until my application was returned as incomplete because of this reason :) So do not upload the scanned copy with invisible seal, or you would be rejected...

You have 2 options:
1 - Ask your Notary Public to put a gold seal sticker on the document and apply seal on that sticker. It would look like this: http://www.phonydiploma.com/Images/Foil Seal pics/Raised Gold Emblem UC San Diego Photo.jpg
This option would require you to go get notarized and pay again...

2 - Use a scanning app on your phone. I tried on mine. Normal scanner will make the seal disappear. But if you use a scanning app on your phone and scan the document, the quality is still good and the seal is clearly visible. To use this option, you need to have a decent phone (iPhone 6 or higher, or equivalent Android).

Hope this helps. Let me know if I could provide any further clarifications. Cheers.
Hi limin_W,

Thanks for your response, I have submitted my EE profile couple of weeks before. Is their a way I can send updated Notary with Gold Sticker Seal or scanning through phone to CIC. If so then what I need to do?

Please advise.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi limin_W,

Thanks for your response, I have submitted my EE profile couple of weeks before. Is their a way I can send updated Notary with Gold Sticker Seal or scanning through phone to CIC. If so then what I need to do?

Please advise.
Did you mean you submitted EE profile or post-ITA application?
- For profile you don't upload anything anyways, so just use the new version when submitting applicaiton.
- If you have submitted application, then raise a CSE (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) to submit this updated file.

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Did you mean you submitted EE profile or post-ITA application?
- For profile you don't upload anything anyways, so just use the new version when submitting applicaiton.
- If you have submitted application, then raise a CSE (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp) to submit this updated file.
Hi Limin_w,

As you suggested I have raised CSE and uploaded notary scan copy with steel/gold seal, now its viewable. Thanks for your suggestion.

Any thing else I need to update?

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hi Limin_w,

As you suggested I have raised CSE and uploaded notary scan copy with steel/gold seal, now its viewable. Thanks for your suggestion.

Any thing else I need to update?
I assume you explained in CSE why you would upload the same document again. Besides that, I think nothing else :)

Adityakumaran

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Thanks Limin_w for your kind reply,

Upon updating CSE their is an option to upload files, hence I took photo of notary pages with Gold Seal and sent these pages to replace the existing notary pages uploaded earlier.