+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Notarization of former colleagues's reference letter?

dannyhcean

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Hi all,

Yes I had one of those big ass corporate former employer who refused to issue a detailed reference letter. Without an alternative I had to seek a reference letter from former colleagues. There are two questions in the details:

1. I left this big corporate job 6 years ago and all my previous supervisors/peers had left. One of my former supervisor currently works for a different company but she knows me the best. I am sure she could write that letter, print it on letterhead of her current company and attach a current name card. Would it work even though she no longer works for the same corporate as mine?

2. If my former colleague's reference letter as above works, does it absolutely have to be notarized? It's another painful process in where we live and I would have already given her enough trouble. This former colleague of mine doesn't even live in the same city of mine. Can the notarization be skipped?

Thanks!
Danny

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dannyhcean said:
Hi all,

Yes I had one of those big ass corporate former employer who refused to issue a detailed reference letter. Without an alternative I had to seek a reference letter from former colleagues. There are two questions in the details:

1. I left this big corporate job 6 years ago and all my previous supervisors/peers had left. One of my former supervisor currently works for a different company but she knows me the best. I am sure she could write that letter, print it on letterhead of her current company and attach a current name card. Would it work even though she no longer works for the same corporate as mine?

2. If my former colleague's reference letter as above works, does it absolutely have to be notarized? It's another painful process in where we live and I would have already given her enough trouble. This former colleague of mine doesn't even live in the same city of mine. Can the notarization be skipped?

Thanks!
Danny
1. It should be fine. It will be better if she could attach her service certificate or experience certificate or offer and relieving letter from that company. This gives more credibility.
2. It is better for her to sign that document in front of a notary. And, for you to notarize that document.