+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not enough time to submit Police Certificate

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hey everyone, we finally got the AOR for my husband's app!! They also requested the police certificates, so we need to get one from the FBI, and it has to be received by March 31. I heard it can take around 3 months to get it. What will happen if we don't meet the deadline?

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
You can request for an extension. You can upload your request to gckey in place of the police certificate.

However, have you looked into using an FBI Channeler? They have a much faster turn around. My husband was able to get his within two weeks.

Last edited:

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
You can request for an extension. You can upload your request to gkey in place of the police certificate.

However, have you looked into using an FBI Channeler? They have a much faster turn around. My husband was able to get his within two weeks.
Okay thanks!
What is an FBI channeler? :)

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
The FBI now offers an electronic option which takes a few days instead of 3 months. Available here: https://www.edo.cjis.gov/

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
In January we went the fingerprints and app in expecting the wait. But they now have the online service which the above user KBH mentions and gives the link.
We switched our process to this and its been a week so far and nothing for us.

I'm sure they are getting many people doing it this way though and they have to search their mail for our fingerprints that they received last month. But better then thinking of waiting for months.

Reactions: tschellsi

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
In January we went the fingerprints and app in expecting the wait. But they now have the online service which the above user KBH mentions and gives the link.
We switched our process to this and its been a week so far and nothing for us.

I'm sure they are getting many people doing it this way though and they have to search their mail for our fingerprints that they received last month. But better then thinking of waiting for months.
Okay I just want to make sure I'm submitting the correct thing... hopefully my screenshot worked on here.

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Okay I don't think it worked. I just clicked on the link and went down to How To Submit A Request, give them my email address and just follow steps 1 through 7?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You can request for an extension. You can upload your request to gkey in place of the police certificate.

OP's spouse is not an American citizen or green card holder and therefore cannot apply through a channeler.

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I should also mention that he has spent most of his time in the US since his 18th birthday, however it was spent there illegally, except for entering the country and the 6 month visitor period. Its still possible to get a record check without any documention?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I should also mention that he has spent most of his time in the US since his 18th birthday, however it was spent there illegally, except for entering the country and the 6 month visitor period. Its still possible to get a record check without any documention?
Yes.

webs

Feb 16, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missassauga
App. Filed.......
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
09-03-2018
File Transfer...
26-03-2018
Med's Request
15-03-2018
Med's Done....
04-11-2018
LANDED..........
2018-06-22
The FBI now offers an electronic option which takes a few days instead of 3 months. Available here: https://www.edo.cjis.gov/
Question as you are a sponsoring a spouse from us. You only obtained an FBI check correct? I see mention of people getting state checks done, but I don't see that requirement online. Perhaps people submit a state record check if they have issues or history? Thanks

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Question as you are a sponsoring a spouse from us. You only obtained an FBI check correct? I see mention of people getting state checks done, but I don't see that requirement online. Perhaps people submit a state record check if they have issues or history? Thanks
No state checks required unless IRCC specifically requests them due to criminal history or other issues like dismissed/expunged stuff