+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Not able to re-apply for express entry. Time is running out. Help.

brimash

Apr 11, 2014
Hi

My PR application was rejected yesterday since they were not happy with my college document. Although I have raised a CSE, I need to re-apply for express entry pool and then PR ASAP because my current work permit expires next month.

I am getting an error saying "You already have an in progress application." when I try to re-create an express entry profile. Someone please help me and tell me what's happening. Is it some technical glitch that's about to make me leave Canada, or it something genuine that I need to solve from my side.

Please help.

Thanks

brimash

Apr 11, 2014
Thanks for the reply. No I have not taken any such action from my side. My assumption, in this case, was that since my application was rejected, it automatically stands deleted ? Do I need to withdraw a rejected application ? Thats sound a bit unnecessary.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
An application and your expression of interest (your profile) are not the same thing. Your profile remains until it expires or you withdraw it.
Could you not modify your existing profile to meet whatever the requirements are?

brimash

Apr 11, 2014
Sure. I am trying to find the "withdraw" button, but so far no luck. There is no button that I can click which would withdraw my express entry profile. All it says is "transmitted" (in red text) in each of the document rows. I will keep looking. Thanks.

brimash

Apr 11, 2014
Thats where I started looking. I just see rows of all my current and past applications :) and no delete anywhere.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Sorry, without sitting down with you at your computer there's nothing else I could possibly say. My portal doesn't have a restriction on number of profiles that can be created for an individual. Good luck.