+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delete Old Express Entry Profile and Create New

amjk28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi all,
Can somebody please give advice if it is possible to delete my old profile and create a new one?
My old profile got ineligible and now I am trying to update it to include my husband to add points however I cannot update the profile anymore.
Is it okay that I just delete the old one and make a new one?
Please give advice.
Thank you very much.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot delete/edit an ineligible profile. Ignore it and create a fresh profile using the same GCKey or a different GCKey (doesn't matter).

Reactions: Afroz436

amjk28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Thank you very much Asivad!

Sorry for a follow up question. If I use the same GC key, how do I create a new EE profile? Should I use again the "Come to Canada" tool and start over same way as before? Will I be able to receive a jobseeker validation code if I do so using the same email address?

Really hope you can give further advice. Thank you very much!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amjk28 said:

Sorry for a follow up question. If I use the same GC key, how do I create a new EE profile? Should I use again the "Come to Canada" tool and start over same way as before? Will I be able to receive a jobseeker validation code if I do so using the same email address?

Really hope you can give further advice. Thank you very much!
You don't need to use the 'Come to Canada' tool again, you should be able to create a new profile immediately after logging in using the GCKey - look for an Express Entry button or something on that screen (hazy with details, it's been a while).

Deactivate your JB profile after logging in to that. Go to settings and change the email id to some other mail id which you don't use often so that your primary mail id can be reused to create a fresh JB profile to link with a new EE profile.

amjk28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
I will try to do this now. Hope I can do it right.
Appreciate your help ;)

amjk28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi Asivad,
Quick query again please. Should I indicate that I had an Express Entry profile before?
Thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amjk28 said:
Hi Asivad,
Quick query again please. Should I indicate that I had an Express Entry profile before?
Thanks!
Answer No. Doesn't make sense cross-referencing an ineligible profile. The answer would be Yes only if you had received an ITA and filed an application which was later refused/cancelled.

Reactions: Afroz436

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Answer No. Doesn't make sense cross-referencing an ineligible profile. The answer would be Yes only if you had received an ITA and filed an application which was later refused/cancelled.
+1, this answer will help alot of people looking to recreate their EE profile.

happydream

Jan 29, 2017
One_Topsy said:
+1, this answer will help alot of people looking to recreate their EE profile.
HI I submitted my profile express entry but it was ineligible. I didn't know what to do so I created a new cgkey account and a new profile I included the new infomation about the ECA for my masters degree which I just received. The thing is they ask in the application if I applied to express entry . What should I do. Do I say yes or no. Plus I don't have the UCI number yhey ask for if you say yes ... don't know what to do Please help...

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
happydream said:
HI I submitted my profile express entry but it was ineligible. I didn't know what to do so I created a new cgkey account and a new profile I included the new infomation about the ECA for my masters degree which I just received. The thing is they ask in the application if I applied to express entry . What should I do. Do I say yes or no. Plus I don't have the UCI number yhey ask for if you say yes ... don't know what to do Please help...
You haven't applied to EE before unless you actually submtted. You were inelligble. Just select No.

ritej gaba

Star Member
May 2, 2017
how to delete old profile? as i have three profiles under one GC key
out of these three one i have withdrawn
in one of the profiles i am ineligible
and the third one is active..which i have not withdrawn??
suggest please

Reactions: v.s.

Muhammad Rameez Uddin

Apr 10, 2018
Dears

I wanna know about a profile which i made few weeks ago. I didn't yet complete the entire profile and want to delete it. Please note that i haven't submitted this profile. So the question is that if I delete that particular profile, are there any further consequences, or not further action as such (coz the profile is not submitted)?
Appreciate your responses and feedback.

Susu1234

Apr 5, 2019
I want some onehelp me
When i enter gckey and make continue he say this words!
‘We used your answers to see if you may qualify for any of canada primary immigrationprograms. Basses in your answer,It appears that you are not eligible to immigrate to canada at this time
Under a federal programme.’
What can i do

Cyvalerie

Sep 25, 2019
Good morning guys, so I applied and I revived ITA but due to some errors I had to decline my ITA and delete the profile. Now I want to create a new profile but I need a few clarification.
1. Do I use a new email address?
2. Do I create an entire new EE account or continue with the old one.
3. If they ask if you’ve applied before and you say yes and quote your old EE no, can they still compare the information even after deleting the profile and is there any consequence if in your new profile your work experience is different?
Please please help!!!!

Bmtracey

Dec 14, 2019
Dears

Please I need advise seriously
I paid this agent to help with my application. While filling out my data she claims she filled a masters as my highest qualification which I don't have and because of this she got a mail saying I was ineligible after creating an EE profile . The problem is :
1) I requested that the profile be deleted so I can create a new one but she said it is not possible until the present one expires.
2) I cannot access my profile because she claims she created one for me under her profile as a consultant.
I would like to confirm if 1 is true and I need advice on what to do about 2
At this point, I really want to call the contract quit.