+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Love-Calgary

Jan 23, 2015
Congrats to the Oath Guys.

Hey VNEXPRESS did you get yours it looks like you are on the cusp of receiving it.

looks like a 3 month wait after the test.

App Received : August-14-2014
Test : July-16-2014
Oath : ????

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Love-Calgary said:
Congrats to the Oath Guys.

Hey VNEXPRESS did you get yours it looks like you are on the cusp of receiving it.

looks like a 3 month wait after the test.

App Received : August-14-2014
Test : July-16-2014
Oath : ????
I got Oath invitation a few days back. I applied in June 2014 took test June 2015 though. Yours should be coming in a couple weeks.

darbi

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
when i submitted citizenship form, i requested for a name change, nothing major though, first and last name remains the same, i added a middle name. For those who have been through this, in the ceremony will i receive the citizenship certificate with the old or new name? If old name, how to change to new name and how long would it take?

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
Got my Test Invitation for Calgary per mail on Friday for 26 August. :D :D

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susann said:
Got my Test Invitation for Calgary per mail on Friday for 26 August. :D :D
Congratulations ;) ;). I have my test on 26 August too. We might meet each other :) :D

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
I have received test invite letters (postal mail on 14th and no update online yet) for myself and wife for taking the test on Friday, 28th Aug2015; It was a surprise.

I had applied on Dec 20th 2014 and appln. reached on 2nd Jan2015; returned due to less fee paid (was not knowing the fee change); sent back on 12th Jan2015 after paying the remaining; The following is my timeline on the ECAS; I had a fourth line (about the transfer to Calgary on May 9th 2015 or so) which disappeared

Citizenship
1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2015.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 1, 2015.
3.We started processing your application on April 9, 2015.

I have alerted other known with similar timeline; I was expecting after two months from now; All the best to others and people preparing for the test

jkoduri

Jul 29, 2015
vnexpress said:
I got Oath invitation a few days back. I applied in June 2014 took test June 2015 though. Yours should be coming in a couple weeks.
Congratulations vnexpress.

Did anyone with timeline similar to mine received their oath? Here is my timeline

Application received: 03-Oct-2014
Test Date: 25-May-2015
Status changed to decision made: three weeks ago
Oath: Waiting??

canalberta

Feb 8, 2009
App recieved : 8/8/2014 and we got test notice and need to attend on Aug 19.
How are kids aged under 8 handled during the test? As both parents will have to take test at the same time? Do they need to come to the test for sure?
Any advice / tips / suggestions that we need to remember at Harry Hays building are much appreciated.

smobin99

Aug 6, 2015
luckyme649 said:
I just found out that my eCase status changed to decision made this morning.
Congratulations!! Best wishes. Hopefully you will get the oath date very soon.
I thought the eCAS is updated on Tuesdays.

SSV70

Jun 17, 2015
App recieved : 8/8/2014 and we got test notice and need to attend on Aug 19.
How are kids aged under 8 handled during the test? As both parents will have to take test at the same time? Do they need to come to the test for sure?
Any advice / tips / suggestions that we need to remember at Harry Hays building are much appreciated.

Hi,

I believe that Kids are not required to be present for the test. The letter is specifically sent for the people who attend the test. However, we may have to show all the documents that are related to kids - Passports, PR cards and educational records fr example.

This is my understanding; Please let me know if anything else

smobin99

Aug 6, 2015
jeune said:
me the same day test date passed july 21 /2015 , applied on august 9 th /2013, waiting for the oath , the officier told me 1 to 3 months
hopefully, we ll receive the oath soon
Hi Jeune,

Greetings.
Has your eCAS changed to "Decision Made"
Have you got oath invitation mail yet?

What are the status of other test takes on July 21, 2015?

Thanks in advance.

My status:
Test Date: July 21, 2015
eCAS status: In Process
Oath: Waiting

luckyme649

Jul 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smobin99 said:
Congratulations!! Best wishes. Hopefully you will get the oath date very soon.
I thought the eCAS is updated on Tuesdays.
Thanks smobin99. I'm hoping I'll receive the oath invitation soon too, but who knows...I also thought the eCases update on Tuesdays, it doesn't look like that way. I check my eCase everyday, and it was showing IP yesterday. Hopefully you will get the oath date soon as well! Let's cross our fingers and toes :)

Aug 17, 2015
All,

New to this forum but seems to have lots of good info. Here is my timeline below:

App Received : July 29, 2013
Began Processing: Oct 2013
Transferred file to Calgary: May 2015
Test : July 2, 2015
Oath : Awaiting..

Colonel_Blimp

Jun 15, 2014
My journey is complete - oath ceromony completed today at the Harry Hays Building.

Arrived just before 1pm -Stood in queue with 89 others and had documents checked. All that was required was our invite form and PR cards - nothing else was asked for.

Ceromony started around 1.45pm - quick chat from the judge, then the oath (done as a group), individually called up to collect certificate and 20 second chat with judge - and then a few more closing remarks from judge and singing of O Canada as a group.

We were out by 2.30pm and picked up passport application forms from downstairs on the way out. They remind you that you have to wait 2 business days before submitting passport applications.

For those still on the journey - good luck, you will get there eventually! When we applied the average was around 2 years - as you can see from the timetable below - it has speeded up significantly since and i guess is under 12 months for those applying now.

Cheers!

Application received: 13th June 2014
Processing started: 15th August 2014
Test date: 29th June 2015
ECAS changed to "Decision Made" : 9th July 2015
Oath Ceromony: 17th August 2015