+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
YYC_CICGUY said:
Thats a big bluff........either your Friend's Friend lying or your friend is lying or its possible you may be lying........none so far 11.5months....test two weeks back and she got oath. :p :p :p :p :p
:D :D :D :D you could be right but thats what my friend told me .

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
informatics said:
:D :D :D :D you could be right but thats what my friend told me .
I did my test sept 2 and applied in June 2011 still didn't get my oath so yes kinda hard to believe test takers from 2 weeks ago got oath letter

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Dolly Parmar said:
I did my test sept 2 and applied in June 2011 still didn't get my oath so yes kinda hard to believe test takers from 2 weeks ago got oath letter
My neighbours who applied in October 2011 , got RQed in 2012 , took their test today . The officer told them that they should be getting their oath letter in a month .

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
newcomer said:
My neighbours who applied in October 2011 , got RQed in 2012 , took their test today . The officer told them that they should be getting their oath letter in a month .
This is not the first time someone has said that. But its still weird because my brother wrote his test on the 23rd of this month but he was told he should expect a letter in 1-3 months.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Dolly Parmar said:
This is not the first time someone has said that. But its still weird because my brother wrote his test on the 23rd of this month but he was told he should expect a letter in 1-3 months.
Hmmm... will update at this thread when they receive their letter .

SaffaMan

Jan 12, 2014
We sent you a notice on October 26, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
SaffaMan said:
We sent you a notice on October 26, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on December 18, 2014 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
:( I still didn't get my oath letter

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
I just called them. The representative told me that my file has still not been approved by the citizenship judge Sad I have no idea what to do. Would anyone know how long it takes for a judge to approve a fiLe? And how long it takes after that to get oath

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Dolly Parmar said:
I just called them. The representative told me that my file has still not been approved by the citizenship judge Sad I have no idea what to do. Would anyone know how long it takes for a judge to approve a fiLe? And how long it takes after that to get oath
Dolly,

Have you been RQ'ed before, I see your file sitting since Aug 2011, thats too long for anybody without an RQ, can you reply with full details.

Thx
YYC

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
SaffaMan said:
congratulations!

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
YYC_CICGUY said:
Dolly,

Have you been RQ'ed before, I see your file sitting since Aug 2011, thats too long for anybody without an RQ, can you reply with full details.

Thx
YYC
No I wasn't RQ'ed myself but my file included my mom and my brother and they got RQ'ed but I separated my file from theirs so my test letter was for Sept 2nd

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Here is the news I got - Calgary and other offices are now clearing backlog as old as 2009.......we are literally stuck in this mess. I am sorry about all geniune applicants who were waiting so long in the queue, but they held all other applications in order to accomodate the backlog thats not fair either.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dolly Parmar said:
No I wasn't RQ'ed myself but my file included my mom and my brother and they got RQ'ed but I separated my file from theirs so my test letter was for Sept 2nd
CIC started testing RQd applicants before reviewing their actual RQ responses.....rational was why review RQ if you will fail test or not show up at test? So worst case scenario is CIC review the RQ are not satisfied with response and refer to CJ. Post Aug 1, 2014 CIC can direct approve so its seems they want this bounced. Recent case law (i have a thread on this so check using search engine) confirms residency issue files where one or more family members are RQd should not be split....you lucked out with the split but this may take a while. Why were your family RQd?

Dolly Parmar

Oct 12, 2014
Msafiri said:
CIC started testing RQd applicants before reviewing their actual RQ responses.....rational was why review RQ if you will fail test or not show up at test? So worst case scenario is CIC review the RQ are not satisfied with response and refer to CJ. Post Aug 1, 2014 CIC can direct approve so its seems they want this bounced. Recent case law (i have a thread on this so check using search engine) confirms residency issue files where one or more family members are RQd should not be split....you lucked out with the split but this may take a while. Why were your family RQd?
We moved here in 2002 so I don't think residency requirements are an issue. But they were asked all kind of stuff they got fingerprints and they expired so they were asked fingerprints the following year again they were also asked 7 years of notice of assessment, transcript of children that went to school here but that was in 2012 I don't know why it takes so long to review them. But yes its kind of our fault for not applying for so long but it's not fair to anyone whether its people who applied earlier and people who apply now. But it makes no sense to just sit on files for so long and then holding everyone

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The lengthy processing times for RQd files have led to Writs of Mandamus...the courts don't deem 36 months as excessive....CIC can then say hey we are within the law...it sucks even worse for Calgary...at least in the GTA there is dedicated resource for RQ reviews at the St Claire Office.