+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
a.R. said:
Anyone got test notification recently?
Nothing yet. Called them today just to hear the broken record again: No RQ or fingerprints or any other requests. All checks are done, everything is great and ready for the next step as of April this year. The next step being the Calgary office to schedule the test. Some applicants from East Canada who applied several months later than myself and who received a RQ have been sworn in already! It's very disheartening and irking at the same time to realize how slow and inefficient the Calgary office is.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
RussCan said:
Nothing yet. Called them today just to hear the broken record again: No RQ or fingerprints or any other requests. All checks are done, everything is great and ready for the next step as of April this year. The next step being the Calgary office to schedule the test. Some applicants from East Canada who applied several months later than myself and who received a RQ have been sworn in already! It's very disheartening and irking at the same time to realize how slow and inefficient the Calgary office is.
How about contacting your MP ? A few weeks back I read a post from another applicant (Maria Ash probably) at the same thread who contacted her MP in NW and his office surprisingly told her that they have never heard anything about the slow processing of Calgary office . So if she could find any/some of the other Calgary office applicants (living in NW) who are facing the same issue , they could raise the issue . She was asking for any other applicant from NW .Not sure if any one from NW contacted her .

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Last test notifications were more than 2months ago on this thread, whats going on @calgary office...........are they working on current applications?

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
informatics said:
How about contacting your MP ? A few weeks back I read a post from another applicant (Maria Ash probably) at the same thread who contacted her MP in NW and his office surprisingly told her that they have never heard anything about the slow processing of Calgary office . So if she could find any/some of the other Calgary office applicants (living in NW) who are facing the same issue , they could raise the issue . She was asking for any other applicant from NW .Not sure if any one from NW contacted her .
The official processing time for routine applications is 2 years. Mine has been 11 months. Any reference to other forum posted examples of faster processing get discarded by the CIC bureaucrats saying - “individual cases get processed differently based on various factors”.
This makes contacting the MP pointless at this stage for me.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied for citizenship
received july 28 2014
started processing september 24 2014
was transferred to local office september
have not received the book or letter :eek: :'(
got information after calling the CIC, n waiting game begin
by the way how long does it take after file has been transferred to local office to get invitation for the test?
thanx

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Calgarian_SW said:
That is it!
Received the invitation for Oath yesterday, date Dec 4th.
Congratulations!! So 3 months of waiting between test to Oath.
Good luck in your future!!

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
@ Calgarian_SW congrats... I haven't received anything yet, I even called cic after I read your post but they told that there was no activity on my file yet.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wsm_al said:
Congratulations!! So 3 months of waiting between test to Oath.
Good luck in your future!!
sorry when did you send in the application? how long after transfer to local office did you receive test letter?
thanx

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimi23 said:
Applied for citizenship
received july 28 2014
started processing september 24 2014
was transferred to local office september
have not received the book or letter :eek: :'(
got information after calling the CIC, n waiting game begin
by the way how long does it take after file has been transferred to local office to get invitation for the test?
thanx
Hi buddy, How do you know it was transfered to CIC Calgary? What was that date?

Jul 25, 2014
Hi All,

Just an update from my end, e-cas hasn't been updated at all but i did receive in the mail today a Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship on December 4th! :) You can find my timeline in the excel sheet online or on my previous posts.
Good luck to everyone!

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
Hi buddy, How do you know it was transfered to CIC Calgary? What was that date?
call centre told me and it was transferred end of september

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
YYC_April24_2013 said:
Hi All,

Just an update from my end, e-cas hasn't been updated at all but i did receive in the mail today a Notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship on December 4th! :) You can find my timeline in the excel sheet online or on my previous posts.
Good luck to everyone!
Congrats ! Seems like Calgary is picking up .One of my friend's friend took her test two weeks back ,yesterday she received notice for oath. The whole process took her just 11.5 months.

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
informatics said:
Congrats ! Seems like Calgary is picking up .One of my friend's friend took her test two weeks back ,yesterday she received notice for oath. The whole process took her just 11.5 months.
Thats a big bluff........either your Friend's Friend lying or your friend is lying or its possible you may be lying........none so far 11.5months....test two weeks back and she got oath. :p :p :p :p :p