+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
I called the call centre last week and they told me the same " non routine application could take 56 months" so what I should do ? why I should fight to get my rights in this country!!!!

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
I took the test early Sept. Called CIC yesterday to inquiry about my oath schedule. The agent said everything looks good. You should receive the oath invitation from today until Mar 2015. What's a joke :eek:

Friend of mine who lives in Vancouver, his file states "in process" from May and he got the letter to attend the test in Nov, so the whole process takes about 5 months...

pondering.in.prairies

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you expect? Alberta is a conservative province, with conservatives winning pretty much all the seats except for 1-2. They had much tougher competition in Ontario and BC, which is why they are trying to please the immigrant population over there for the next election. They don't have to here in Calgary, they know they will win here with fewer immigrants and even fewer among them have a right to vote.

I think there is no option but to wait and vote intelligently when you do get a chance to eventually, even if its just one vote, it will count. Today its 1 tomorrow it could be 10, 100 .... just like Ontario.

Its not about conservatives vs liberals, its about policies, transparency is what people want, not a passport in 10 days.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pondering.in.prairies said:
What do you expect? Alberta is a conservative province, with conservatives winning pretty much all the seats except for 1-2. They had much tougher competition in Ontario and BC, which is why they are trying to please the immigrant population over there for the next election. They don't have to here in Calgary, they know they will win here with fewer immigrants and even fewer among them have a right to vote.

I think there is no option but to wait and vote intelligently when you do get a chance to eventually, even if its just one vote, it will count. Today its 1 tomorrow it could be 10, 100 .... just like Ontario.

Its not about conservatives vs liberals, its about policies, transparency is what people want, not a passport in 10 days.
And that just happens because the people in Calgary dont care enough to stand up for our rights? The rest of Canada gets it done in about 6 mths and citizens of Calgary paying same fees, going through exactly same process, but wont get it until a couple years later. What a joke !

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pondering.in.prairies said:

True that, something I have been saying for quite sometime now. This is nothing but gerrymandering!

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
CanuckForEver said:
True that, something I have been saying for quite sometime now. This is nothing but gerrymandering!
CanuckForEver I think you might find the discrepancy in processing times rather than being a conspiracy is more likely to be incompetence (not reacting to changing immigration patterns) combined with CIC being Ontario heavy at the senior civil service levels; consequently directing additional funding into "their" patch to build "their" empire. Why send additional funding to Calgary when that might mean "they" have to move to get promoted.

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
Hello All,

I am also in Calgary and my file is at local office since April 2014. No news yet for the test. I am preparing my documents just in case for the RQ.

As I understood, RQ could be sent in 3 stages.

1. RQ from Sydney before local office transfer
2. RQ from local office before test
3. RQ from local office after test

Am I correct? What are the difference for them? Which one is the more common?

Thanks

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
last.fortune.last said:
Hello All,

I am also in Calgary and my file is at local office since April 2014. No news yet for the test. I am preparing my documents just in case for the RQ.

As I understood, RQ could be sent in 3 stages.

1. RQ from Sydney before local office transfer
2. RQ from local office before test
3. RQ from local office after test

Am I correct? What are the difference for them? Which one is the more common?

Thanks

Add a fourth one which is at the time of the test . BTW ,even if Sydney issues you RQ ,you have to send your docs to your local office so technically 1 & 2 are the same.

When did you actually apply and why do you think you could get an RQ ? Would you mind sharing it ?

Thanks

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
I have applied by end of July 2013 (15 months ago). I called CIC and they mentioned my security check is done and my file has been transferred to Calgary in April 2014. Waiting the test now. I hope I will not get any RQ.

1. I am travelling a lot, more than 15 times out of Canada in 4 years. I am busy guy with my job and I like travel even I have couple days off.
2. I am self employed last 3 years and 6 months unemployed in 4 years. I had a time off before I start my company.. High tax payer now.

batmann

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,

I was just wondering if the health claim records and CBAS were part of the RQ? Is the start date from when you first came to Canada, or is just the last 4 years prior to your citizenship application date (the date that you signed your original application)? Is the end date to the day that you received RQ, or is to the date that you signed your original application?

Thank you.

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hi Friends

Looks like finally things are moving in turquous world. I just called CIC and our Oath(family) is scheduled for Nov13, letter sent today. :)

CanuckforEver, You can check with CIC. You should also have schedule for oath as you wrote test ahead of me.

My timeline is in the file.

Appli recd - 7March 2013
Appli in process - 3May 2013
LOT-1Nov 2013
Test - Aug18 2014
Oath - Nov13 2014

thanks

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuperCitizen said:
Hi Friends

Looks like finally things are moving in turquous world. I just called CIC and our Oath(family) is scheduled for Nov13, letter sent today. :)

CanuckforEver, You can check with CIC. You should also have schedule for oath as you wrote test ahead of me.

My timeline is in the file.

Appli recd - 7March 2013
Appli in process - 3May 2013
LOT-1Nov 2013
Test - Aug18 2014
Oath - Nov13 2014

thanks
Aren't you just a charm? Let me check on it. Thank you so much!

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
walelo said:
I called the call centre last week and they told me the same " non routine application could take 56 months" so what I should do ? why I should fight to get my rights in this country!!!!
Did you try contacting your MP ? It worked for someone whom I know and he was RQed in 2012 .