+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
Hi ,

I am unable to take my oath if it comes after 16th October because i have to go to my job .I have sent email and till NO RESPONSE .I mentionedthem i am not available after 16th October and if they can not arrange it before so arrange it next year MAY .I called call centre but they were not transferring calls at that time when i called .My concern is ,if they can not schedule before 16TH ,so i can leave of if they can schedule let me know .Its quite confusing .Is it possible to go there and talk .Let me know and help me out regarding this situation .Thanks and have a good day.I passed my test on 23rd of this month .

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
ardmsseeker said:
Hi ,

I am unable to take my oath if it comes after 16th October because i have to go to my job .I have sent email and till NO RESPONSE .I mentionedthem i am not available after 16th October and if they can not arrange it before so arrange it next year MAY .I called call centre but they were not transferring calls at that time when i called .My concern is ,if they can not schedule before 16TH ,so i can leave of if they can schedule let me know .Its quite confusing .Is it possible to go there and talk .Let me know and help me out regarding this situation .Thanks and have a good day.I passed my test on 23rd of this month .

ardmsseeker,

Until you take citizenship they may issue RQ any time, working abroad is not a good indication unless its for canadian army or federal services. My sincere advise is please wait until they schedule your oath and take it as you get it..........DO NOT COMPLICATE your situation. Hope you understand what I mean.

Group - please correct me if I am wrong.

Thx
YYC_CICGUY

ArchRivalNeo

Sep 20, 2012
Hello Everyone,

Here's my brief process overview of my file

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 28, 2010.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 28, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 12, 2011.

Your file was transferred to the Kitchener Calgary office on May 20, 2011. The Kitchener Calgary office will contact you if additional information is required. The Kitchener Calgary office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on July 8, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on July 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
So CIC initially received my application for citizenship late Oct '10. I got the test date in the Kitchener office (where I used to live at the time) in July '11. When I appeared for the test, the officer doing the pre-screening interview handed me an RQ because a date in my application did not match the relevant travel date stamp in my passport (thanks to an oversight on my part). I filled up the RQ and mailed it back to them which they received on September 23 2011. Shortly thereafter it was sent to the St. Clair office where it gathered dust for almost 3 years, myself having moved to Calgary in August 2012. That is when I put in the request multiple times to CIC to transfer my file to the Calgary office. When I called CIC again last week they told me that my file had FINALLY been transferred to the Calgary sometime late August of this year. They said the Calgary office will take a decision (the file still needs to have a look by someone, St. Clair didn't do jack) and get back to me by November. If not, then I should call back CIC by late November. Going by the CIC's own timeline of 35 months for non-routine processing of citizenship applications, this puts it more or less in that same timeline.

Now my own background is straightforward, came here for higher studies, completed them, got married, got a job, had a kid, got a house, etc etc. You know the whole Canadian dream. Asssuming they have everything they need and nothing goes wrong, can I expect any decision in my favour indeed by November or earlier? If not, how much further of a delay are we talking about?

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
What is a RQ? :-[

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardmsseeker said:
Hi ,

I took my test on 23rd september and after i passed ,they told me to take oath letter notification within 1 to 3 months. As , i just came to take my test from abroad and i want to go as well .So ,is it any possibilty for urgent processing for oath or if i return so how can i reschedule my oath . I do appreciate to plzz highlight this matter .Thanks
In theory you can request CIC to urgently process your application, test and oath but in practice to ensure you are not jumping the line there must be compelling reasons read in Canada's interests. As harsh as it sounds your job/ travel situation is irrelevant to CIC unless say it was for the Canadian government but then the relevant department would push the application for you. If 'national interests' were not a ground then every applicant would have an important deadline requiring an oath at their convenience! As a cautionary note be aware that urgent requests for tests, oaths, PRTDs or any other immigration related processes can and have resulted in requests for further information e.g RQ issuance.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
In theory you can request CIC to urgently process your application, test and oath but in practice to ensure you are not jumping the line there must be compelling reasons read in Canada's interests. As harsh as it sounds your job/ travel situation is irrelevant to CIC unless say it was for the Canadian government but then the relevant department would push the application for you. If 'national interests' were not a ground then every applicant would have an important deadline requiring an oath at their convenience! As a cautionary note be aware that urgent requests for tests, oaths, PRTDs or any other immigration related processes can and have resulted in requests for further information e.g RQ issuance.
sir, why urgent processing request would trigger RQ? mind explaining a bit more? thanks

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
My qusetion still on the same way to find .RQ they give or not give its all upto them even it makes another years its luck none can do . .My question is they did not replied and i booked my ticket for 20th October without oath and i emailed them and it takes 30 business days to respond so i would be not here when they reply if they reply .Now ,the point is how i reschedule my oath if i am not here as i already emailed them .My PR is going to expire next year in the middle so how i renew my PR if i am not here .Let me know plzz.Thanks

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
hi,

Would like to know if anyone who gave the exam on or after August 14 2014 received the oath letter ?

Does anyone have any idea about approximately when they will send the oath letters for August /2014.

Thanks.

RussCan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
ardmsseeker said:
My qusetion still on the same way to find .RQ they give or not give its all upto them even it makes another years its luck none can do . .My question is they did not replied and i booked my ticket for 20th October without oath and i emailed them and it takes 30 business days to respond so i would be not here when they reply if they reply .Now ,the point is how i reschedule my oath if i am not here as i already emailed them .My PR is going to expire next year in the middle so how i renew my PR if i am not here .Let me know plzz.Thanks
You are obviously in no need of an advice for you sound to have made up your mind you are leaving next month no matter what. Fine. Just a few things for you to remember:

You need to be in Canada to renew your PR. If your PR expires whilst you are outside you will have to apply for an entry visa at the consulate;
You can fax calgary office or send them a letter (the fax number and the address are found on the CIC website) asking to reschedule;

The odds of being issued the RQ once they learn that you had to leave so urgently that could not spend a couple of months waiting for the oath are extremely high. Your chances to collect and submit the required documentation for the RQ being outside Canada (unless you have them all readily available yet) are slim.
Therefore, your chances to forfeit your Citizenship application being at the very end of the process are very plausible.

Whether it's worth it or not to take the chance is entirely up to you.

ardmsseeker

Sep 8, 2014
The best thing what i am thinking is ,as i have emailed them its done .When they ask me oath i will come and take oath may be november .Because i can not stay here ,rather than to make things mess due to rescheduling better to come rather than reschedule .

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ardmsseeker said:
The best thing what i am thinking is ,as i have emailed them its done .When they ask me oath i will come and take oath may be november .Because i can not stay here ,rather than to make things mess due to rescheduling better to come rather than reschedule .
Are you taking a break from Canada resident ship for an extended period of time or are you talking about travelling out of Canada for a couple of months after which you can be readily available for oath anytime they call you? If it is the first case then the suggestion is endure the waiting period or hope that there would be at least a week gap between your oath notification and the ceremony, so that you can fly back. This is only feasible provided your PR card is valid for at least six months. On the other hand, if you are in travelling mode for the next couple of months then there is a point in postponing your oath ceremony. But the risk is you might be kept on, what seems to be, a never ending waiting period. In both cases one could take the calculated risk of flying back by checking e-case and have some one check on residential mail-box on a daily basis. In my opinion it is a safe bet.

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015