+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Zaraben

Star Member
Aug 22, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2014
AOR Received.
25-01-2015
File Transfer...
03-03-2015
Interview........
11-08-205
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
Good morning,

I sent my application on August 16, 2014. It was delivered to CIC on August 20, 2014.

What is the next step?
Do I get a letter confirming my application was received? If yes,
How long takes to get confirmation from CIC?

Thanks.

Ben

Calgary546

Mar 10, 2013
maplestar said:
Hello Calgary546,

Appreciate if you could please let me know what should I write to Calgary CIC offfice to enquire status of my application .
Something like ... you're really anxious to find out why your case is taking so long to process. If seeing an officer in person can help clarify the situation & expedite things, you're more than happy to do that. I even mentioned that some of my friends who got RQ's 12 to 15 months after my RQ response have already received their citizenship certificates, so why is there so much of discrepancy. Lastly, don't forget to provide them with your particulars (including PR #, RQ Case #, Address, etc). Hope this helps.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
world said:
hello,
The agent told you that the citizenship is approved so I believe nothing to worry now, but did the agent tell you anything about the oath date.I gave the test on August/14/2014
Hello World,
can you please share your timelines?

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
it is really disappointing to see Calgary's processing time is the worst. a lot of recent applicants in other offices already got their citizenship.

Calgarian_SW

Jan 20, 2014
Just done with the test folks 20/20. Test is pretty straight forward but there are some stricky questions. Just have to read the questions and select the answers carefully.
They said Oath will be in 1-3 months.
Interview done b4 the test. The officer is questioning you according to the original docs that you submitted. They will check all the stamps in your passport. Questions about your current job seems to come up everytime.

world

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Helo supercitizen,

Did you get your oath letter ? just curious.

quote author=SuperCitizen link=topic=181601.msg3437936#msg3437936 date=1408459706]
Had my test yesterday, these are my observations:

1. Test was at 08:00, lined up at 7.30. Arounf 30 people were there

2. Document checking and interview happens before the test. We stood in line and got this done. Officer just checked PR,Landing Doc, Passport & asked what do you do for living.

3. Test was in my opinion not super easy. The questions required attention but the answers were obviously visible. I took enough time, closer to 15minutes to hand over my test. Got 19/20. The book and more importantly the test sites (Apna Toronto mainly) helped a lot.

6. I was let known about my score right there. Then I left.

Now the wait is for oath. They says it will be between 1-3 months.

thanks
[/quote]

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I wrote the test this morning and my experience was similar to the others, they let us in a half hour early and we stood in line which was surprising to me because I was thinking there would be seats at least during the interview but that wasn't the case. Officer asked me about my ID's and how many times I left the country, so she said that she didn't need copies since I never left the country. After that she asked me about my work history during the 2 years prior to my application, I was also asked about my address and where I lived before. I was then asked to go to the testing area and leave my wife with the officer. She then asked her similar questions about our residence and her work history as well as her exit and entry and checked all the stamps on the passport. I am assuming that she wanted to interview her separately to test her language skills and verify that her information matches what is on file. We both wrote the test and had different questions, my questions were easier than her's but I would say they both tests were fairly easy with a couple of challenging questions. They gave us the scores after we handed in our answer sheets and were asked to leave. Oath should be from 1 to 3 months after the test.
P.S There were 30 people in the room

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
APR2013APP said:
I wrote the test this morning and my experience was similar to the others, they let us in a half hour early and we stood in line which was surprising to me because I was thinking there would be seats at least during the interview but that wasn't the case. Officer asked me about my ID's and how many times I left the country, so she said that she didn't need copies since I never left the country. After that she asked me about my work history during the 2 years prior to my application, I was also asked about my address and where I lived before. I was then asked to go to the testing area and leave my wife with the officer. She then asked her similar questions about our residence and her work history as well as her exit and entry and checked all the stamps on the passport. I am assuming that she wanted to interview her separately to test her language skills and verify that her information matches what is on file. We both wrote the test and had different questions, my questions were easier than her's but I would say they both tests were fairly easy with a couple of challenging questions. They gave us the scores after we handed in our answer sheets and were asked to leave. Oath should be from 1 to 3 months after the test.
P.S There were 30 people in the room
Hi APR2013APP,
You mentioned that the officer asked you about how many times you left the country.. Did they mean within the 2 years prior to submitting your application? or how many times you left the country overall up to your test date??
thanks,

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
@wasm_Al The officer was interested only in the 3 year residency requirement, my wife had traveled after we submitted the application but the officer never asked her about that. The officer did check her passport stamps on the new and expired passport to make sure there were no unexplained exit or entry with the 3 year period.

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
APR2013APP said:
@ wasm_Al The officer was interested only in the 3 year residency requirement, my wife had traveled after we submitted the application but the officer never asked her about that. The officer did check her passport stamps on the new and expired passport to make sure there were no unexplained exit or entry with the 3 year period.
That makes sense! Thanks!!

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Not yet, Called CIC yesterday and the agent said that Oath is not scheduled for us yet.

I think CanuckforEver and I had test on same date. Do you have any update?

Does anyone got oath notification who has done their test aroung 18th sep?

thanks

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Sorry, I mean 18th of Aug as test date. Please update if anyone has got oath notification who has test around this date.

I know yycdxb has oath on Sep22.

thanks

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuperCitizen said:
Sorry, I mean 18th of Aug as test date. Please update if anyone has got oath notification who has test around this date.

I know yycdxb has oath on Sep22.

thanks
I haven't gotten any notification about oath yet. The agent said my file was sent to oath the very same day I took the test. So let us keep posted as things progress. Thanks,