+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
A lady works at my project office got her test notice this week, actually they applied in Nov'12 but app returned after couple of weeks it seems due to English requirements changes, and they later sent it in Feb'13. Its wife and husband - 2 people.

Panorama - I hope you are not hiding the goodnews?? as you were few months ahead of them and Dineshabe at the same time finished his test.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Apparently and at last my test invitation came yesterday in the post . The letter post stamped dated June11 2014.my test scheduled for July 9th.
I know 2 people but not on this forum that got tests scheduled for July 15,2014.

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panorama47 said:
Apparently and at last my test invitation came yesterday in the post . The letter post stamped dated June11 2014.my test scheduled for July 9th.
I know 2 people but not on this forum that got tests scheduled for July 15,2014.
awesome and Godspeed!

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Panorama47 said:
Congrats Panorama47

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Panorama47 said:
Congrats. Anything on ecas? You get some time to study which is helpful. Seems Calgary trying to clear Q4 2012 applicants that went into process in Q1 2013...there is an upcoming Provincial Election and hopefully you will have taken the oath and can make your voice heard at the ballot box.

lilly2014

May 29, 2014
Hello CIC1973 and all,
we finally got our oath ceremony letter, our oath will be on July 1st at 11:30am :D
thank you all

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dineshabe said:
Congrats all.

No news for me yet.
1. Hard to read into individual applications but one could opine based on this and a report above of a Feb 2013 family re submission with a test date that it comes down to who is handling your file.

2. I note too the spread between 'in process date and transfer date' is not clearly indicative of time to test and that the application date appears to be key as it should though as per 1 this first in first out is not always followed. Panaroma47 has a +3 day application date relative to Niceman, same batch transfer date, but a +32 day difference to the test. This indicative of the 'flood applicants load' that Calgary holds and is masked by same/similar 'in process' and 'transfer' dates.

Of course a best case comparison requires a review of the profile between say 4 applicants with same/similar step dates, all background checks cleared and if their employment and travel (for weighting veracity of declared residence days) was the determining factor as to test schedule. But then again I may be giving CIC too much credit for rational processing and consider that its all haphazard randomness and luck of the draw.

shozee

Apr 24, 2014
Dear All

My husband is working overseas and he works in non Canadian company. His work rotation is 2 months on/off. We are waiting for our tests. At the interview, would it be a problem if they find out about the nature of his work in terms of stay in Canada.
Do they check overseas trips by passport and question about it?
@Msafir and All, please advise, how can he show his intention to live in Canada after grant of citizenship?

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Taking Msafiri points into consideration, I've updated the excel sheet and added two more columns so all of us can compare days from LOT and In Process to Test Notification. Interesting, in both cases there is no set trend. Perhaps, due to the backlog due to floods. Either way for now it seems as if Calgary people who applied late 2012, with in process time in early 2013 are being called out for test. I applied in October of 2013 with in process date of Jan 2014. Sadly, I'm not expecting a test notification this year.

SuperCitizen

Jun 19, 2014
Hello Friends

I have been following this blog since few day & would like to share my case as well.

family application (2+2)received Mar7 2013, Processing start- May3 2013, LOT date, I beleieve is when background & all other checks are complete -Oct30 2013.

Hope to get test call soon.

thanks

YYC_CICGUY

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
a.R. said:
Taking Msafiri points into consideration, I've updated the excel sheet and added two more columns so all of us can compare days from LOT and In Process to Test Notification. Interesting, in both cases there is no set trend. Perhaps, due to the backlog due to floods. Either way for now it seems as if Calgary people who applied late 2012, with in process time in early 2013 are being called out for test. I applied in October of 2013 with in process date of Jan 2014. Sadly, I'm not expecting a test notification this year.
a.R.

I dont think that long, I am expecting october candidates will have their test in Nov/Dec this year ??

Thanks