+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immig19 said:
Hi MSafiri!, My file was transferred to Edmonton Local office last August. Because I'm applying for a job that gives preferance to citizens thus I need my citizenship sooner (so far 22 months and no test). Do you have any advise if it is good to apply for urgent processing? would you please message me.
If CIC processed every citizenship application urgently because the PR was applying for a job requiring citizenship then most applicants would be submitting their citizenship application including in the documentary evidence multiple job applications for Federal Jobs. Sentiment on the forum is that the urgent processing should be of benefit to both Canada and the applicant. You never know with CIC though they may surprise you with approval so go ahead and request as you may have nothing to lose.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Immig19 said:
Hi MSafiri!, My file was transferred to Edmonton Local office last August. Because I'm applying for a job that gives preferance to citizens thus I need my citizenship sooner (so far 22 months and no test). Do you have any advise if it is good to apply for urgent processing? would you please message me.
Immig19 Hopefully you might find you're at the top of the pending pile by now so you might not need your application formally upgraded to urgent, but as Msafiri said it won't do any harm to give CIC a call.

W8inginlyn

Jun 7, 2014
Did anyone take an exam on June 3, 2014 and received an oath notice?
Timeline:
Submitted app: sept '12
Notice of receipt: Dec '12
Processing: Feb '13
Transferred to Calgary CiC: Oct '13
Notice of exam: May '14
exam: June 6, '14
Waiting for oath letter...
I was told they if they did not call me that day i will receive the invite thru mail but someone called me from a (403) number that hid one number and have missed it! Of course i can't call back because one number is missing! My hubby and I left right away asap we knew we passed because our dear kids are waiting for us. I am frustrated and needed to know if there is somebody here who got the same experience as mine... Or if someone here had their oath already from that batch. Thanks.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
W8inginlyn said:
Did anyone take an exam on June 3, 2014 and received an oath notice?
Timeline:
Submitted app: sept '12
Notice of receipt: Dec '12
Processing: Feb '13
Transferred to Calgary CiC: Oct '13
Notice of exam: May '14
exam: June 6, '14
Waiting for oath letter...
I was told they if they did not call me that day i will receive the invite thru mail but someone called me from a (403) number that hid one number and have missed it! Of course i can't call back because one number is missing! My hubby and I left right away asap we knew we passed because our dear kids are waiting for us. I am frustrated and needed to know if there is somebody here who got the same experience as mine... Or if someone here had their oath already from that batch. Thanks.
[/quote
W8giyinnin
Please update the excel sheet with your time line if you have not done yet. Where is your local office ?

dreamchaser

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
@W8inginlyn, you should definitely call CIC. My wife had her test on May 9th (approx). She got her oath letter on May14 for oath date of June 19

lilly2014

May 29, 2014
Hi all,
I am still waiting for oath ceremony invitation. I called CIC and they told me there is a note indicate that they going to register me for the next ceremony. I did not ask what that suppose to mean. Any ideas I am so worried :(

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
lilly2014 said:
Hi all,
I am still waiting for oath ceremony invitation. I called CIC and they told me there is a note indicate that they going to register me for the next ceremony. I did not ask what that suppose to mean. Any ideas I am so worried :(
No need to worry. That means you should start to celebrate soon

CIC1973

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Most probably, given that Calgary are some how amazing with their number of ceremonies/month unlike the beat up useless cic office at Edmonton. If the officers were still working on your case they would have not put a note to schedule you for the next oath ceremony.

The first thing I would like to do after getting my oath in Edmonton is quit my job and move to Calgary. I don't want to give my taxes to Edmonton if they are painfully slow

lilly2014

May 29, 2014
thanks again CIC1973
I hope they speed up in Edmonton office for your sake :)
also please make sure you secure a job here in Calgary before you think of quitting your current job.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Hi everyone,
Any updates on the test call yet?
Panorama?

Nothing for me yet !

a.R have you heard from anyone else?

Thanks

navi17

Star Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2011
CIC1973 said:
Most probably, given that Calgary are some how amazing with their number of ceremonies/month unlike the beat up useless cic office at Edmonton. If the officers were still working on your case they would have not put a note to schedule you for the next oath ceremony.

The first thing I would like to do after getting my oath in Edmonton is quit my job and move to Calgary. I don't want to give my taxes to Edmonton if they are painfully slow
Good idea, if you go for interviews in calgary dont mention that you moved just because of that reason. My brother should actually move to edmonton then as in calgary he didnt get a test date yet but some people who applied after him got oath notifications. ;D

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
Hello All,

I have applied citizenship (Calgary) last year August. Calgary is tooooo slow for the process unfortunely ( BIG disappointment)... Looks I will not get the citizenship end of next year... I want to work in Toronto for couple years. What will happen to my process? My file is in local office Calgary now. If I move to Toronto, should I let the CIC know and will they transfer my file to Toronto?

Thanks a lot.