+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
civic said:
May 1, 2014—Calgary, AB—Calgary welcomed 1,164 new Canadians from more than 100 countries over the past month—more than four times the number of people who became Canadian citizens in Calgary in April last year when 284 new citizens were sworn in.

http://www.bettermail.ca/ct/723/935583/454774665/f8e0ce00092c34dee97e6225920cd723
Without having

1. The timeline to oath (a weighted average not a simple average) for the 1,164 applicants
2. The number of PRs in line/backlog at Calgary for the timeline in (1) which will indicate the Local Office 'workrate'

Then this is nothing but a PR exercise (clever as it is)...its like saying more tourists went to Niagara Falls over the April holiday period this year than last year - without saying if this was due to a change in opening hours, more boats available, more staff, the weaker dollar, more expensive airline pricing, the weather etc!

MR Stephen Harper

Jan 12, 2014
Msafiri said:
Without having

1. The timeline to oath (a weighted average not a simple average) for the 1,164 applicants
2. The number of PRs in line/backlog at Calgary for the timeline in (1) which will indicate the Local Office 'workrate'

Then this is nothing but a PR exercise (clever as it is)...its like saying more tourists went to Niagara Falls over the April holiday period this year than last year - without saying if this was due to a change in opening hours, more boats available, more staff, the weaker dollar, more expensive airline pricing, the weather etc!
Your reasoning there is rather shallow...your comment would have better credibility if you actually had facts and figures!Your comparison is not even remotely related to your headline...so maybe more facts and figures next time and your comments will be more sensible.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MR Stephen Harper said:
Your reasoning there is rather shallow...your comment would have better credibility if you actually had facts and figures!Your comparison is not even remotely related to your headline...so maybe more facts and figures next time and your comments will be more sensible.
Some idiots on this forum who in their rush to respond attempt to exhibit intelligence (and fail) miserably don't realize their 'trashtalk' actually confirms my point that you need definitive stats to thoroughly quantify a single published CIC figure...guess who the idiot is in this case that should get his/her head far enough out of their sun don't shine spot and bring something worthwhile to the table...maybe your own stats to rationalize the CIC release?

CanuckForEver

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't jump the gun thanking Chris Alexander/Jason Kenney/Stephen Harper (the real one). Calgary is the conservative base, not just the regular day conservative you meet at east or west coast or the tea party conservatives, the ones Im talking about are the much dreaded "red tories". They dont like immigration!. Period. In the off chance they had to allow immigration they follow a sick bias on chosing who immigrates here. Worse yet this is officially in their policies and they cherish it. Chris Alexander could be a moderate guy from the other end of their world, but he's no better than the red tories as he is working for one of the comaflauged Red tory himself (Stephen Harper) and got his transition from another red tory (Jason Kenney). Both Harper and Kenney are from Reform party which is an ambitious conservative caucus local to prairies. You can further wikipedia "red tories" and "reform party" to understand better, but what I said is not a bit away from truth. All to the point. So let's be cynical of what happens, particularly when it is in Calgary!

dineshabe

Aug 16, 2010
Msafiri said:
Some idiots on this forum who in their rush to respond attempt to exhibit intelligence (and fail) miserably don't realize their 'trashtalk' actually confirms my point that you need definitive stats to thoroughly quantify a single published CIC figure...guess who the idiot is in this case that should get his/her head far enough out of their sun don't shine spot and bring something worthwhile to the table...maybe your own stats to rationalize the CIC release?
Point for you and me :) dont feed the troll. StepHarp has nothing to offer for people in this forum.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Guys check your ecas update on Tuesday!
If nothing then call CIC to get an update.
They usually update on Tuesdays.
Good luck to all.
Dineshabe, Panorama, Ksenya!

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Sometimes ecas takes a week to update even after theyve sent the test invitation. Hence i advised to call.
Cheers

APR2013APP

Feb 5, 2014
I called CIC today and asked whether or not I was sent a letter since my file was transferred in Dec 2014. The agent checked my file status and came back saying that they haven't sent me anything yet but everything looks good and I should be scheduled for test before Aug 21, 2014 as per her analysis of my file. She also mentioned that its important to let them know if I am planning a summer vacation so that I don't get an invitation while I am away because they will probably send me an invitation 2 weeks before the test date. I then asked, what if Aug 21, 2014 comes and I don't hear from them, what do I do then? She said that I will have to call them back and they will send a reminder to the local office informing them that they are late in sending me an invitation to the test.

Please note that according to my last call to CIC, the agent told me pretty much the same thing except that the cut off date was Oct 29, 2014 as opposed to Aug 21, 2014. Regardless of what date I should call and complain, it is apparent that there is a lack of consistency as every agent is going to give you a completely different story. I am just hoping that all the hype about speeding up the process is not just a publicity stunt and turns out to be true.

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
Everything the agent mentioned was standard!
The only thing to mention is once your file has been transferred to the local office, they have 9 months to schedule an exam.
Mine was transferred in Nov 2013 and my deadline for schedule is July 2014. Subsequently APR yours will be Aug 2014.

So we are very close.

Cheers

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
I've got some high hopes for this weekend, I've heard usually ecas gets updated on Saturdays. Hopefully, a bunch of us will be posting regarding interview notification over the weekend. Fingers crossed. Enjoy the weekend.

Cheers

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
A member "NICEMAN" on another forum, submitted his application Oct 2012, Dont know the in process date and the transfer date.
But I am assuming In process Jan/Feb 2013 and Transfer date to be October 2013. He received his letter to write the test today.
And for another member, ECAS update today.