+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Normal Processing Times from Calgary office?

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I am from Calgary and plan to send in my application package early May (my exact fulfillment date regarding residency and physical presence would be May 5). I had a look at the tracker but can't make any changes. Could someone please check and confirm? Maybe it is just the my browser version (IE8 - it's in the office).

Thanks,
dbo73

a.R. said:
Sorry guys, I had one title labeled wrong so here is the updated one.

last.fortune.last

Apr 15, 2014
OFFICE: Calgary

Application received from CIC: August 17, 2013.
Application process start by CIC: October 21 , 2013.
Letter from CIC-document update: February 26, 2014
Document update sent: March 6, 2014
Transfer to the Calgary (unknown-CIC call center mentioned that the date is not updated?): April 6, 2014 (I called them this date).

Honestly, I travelled to USA and home country a lot during the PR and I am an IT contractor. Based on my research, these 2 things are the RQ indicators. We will see. After local office transfer, how long do the people wait for the normal processing?

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
last.fortune.last said:
OFFICE: Calgary

Application received from CIC: August 17, 2013.
Application process start by CIC: October 21 , 2013.
Letter from CIC-document update: February 26, 2014
Document update sent: March 6, 2014
Transfer to the Calgary (unknown-CIC call center mentioned that the date is not updated?): April 6, 2014 (I called them this date).

Honestly, I travelled to USA and home country a lot during the PR and I am an IT contractor. Based on my research, these 2 things are the RQ indicators. We will see. After local office transfer, how long do the people wait for the normal processing?

last.fortune.last ,

Nice to see you here and thanks for the update, just out of my curiosity where did you send the document updates you mnetioned? is that to Sydney NS, or Calgary office? Just to understand if this is happend before or after local office transfer, some applicants reported they send documents update to Sydney while others to their respective local offices.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Good question.. The fellow( a.R) who ask this question; if my application is single or family must have something at the back of his mind. Please share it with us.
thanks!

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
I'm just trying to figure some consistencies in timelines and why you still haven't got the test letter. Looking at how your application is different than touché, whose file got transferred to Calgary office in October 2013 and he got the notice for test on March 25th 2014.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
I like your curiosity ...it is helpful on this forum and particularly for me.what do you think ? I called sometimes around late January and was told file transferred to Calgary 17th Oct 2013!!!!!

yycdxb

Feb 4, 2014
aR if I take the average of 201 days from transfer to interview notification.
Thats about 6.5 months.
For people who got transferred in Oct mid will get it by end of April
and for the files that were transferred in early November should be by mid to end May I am hoping, if not earlier.

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Yycdxb------ you are a 'Master' on this forum. Do you think been single or family on the citizenship application make any difference?
Cheers!

Panorama47

Star Member
Jan 19, 2014
Kesenya & dineshabe: please is there any up date from you guys.My time line is close match with yours.someone forecast April ending--
?????

a.R.

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
yycdxb, yes you are right. But canadiancoops has the longest days from LOT to Interview Notification of 264, where the in process to LOT days were estimated to be 98 days. therefore i wouldn't take that into account while averaging. Using the same argument you can take Lethbridge Applicant's day's out too but they aren't much different from ksenya and touché, so it wont have a major impact on the average. Also, historically the number of days should decrease as you would expect Calgary office to become more and more efficient in processing applications, to a certain point. Looking at touché timelines, LOT date of October 11th with 166 days of wait for Interview notification on ECAS, I would expect the processing time for LOT to interview notification to be 166 if not less. Off course, we should take account for staff taking holidays and stat holidays and other uncertainties so lets say that the Avg is 180 then Panorama47 should hear from them around April 15th, while you should hear from them around May 4th. So close to what you said. Guess we will find out in the next two weeks or so. Having said that we need to establish other differences in application type which might affect the timelines. I wished we had more timelines with LOT and Interview notification dates to make a better judgement. Anyhow, not much we can do besides wait.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Emq25ueiJJ9coxst2YC7sszqAhFJi_B3r2Q1sd6Y29s/edit?usp=sharing