+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nor meeting Ro pr card valid till 2020 want to return

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Hello friends I remained outside of Canada for 3 years and 20 days so not in compliance of RO. I want to know does cbsa check every returning pr or it is done on random basis. Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You keep on asking the same question. nobody can guarantee whether you will or you won't get reported at the border. The longer you wait the better the chance of being reported. You have to answer the border agents questions truthfully but you don't have to volunteer information.

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Sir actually I am confused about one thing supposing I am reported and process to revoke my pr gets stated at Poe can I come back to my home country next day or I have to wait till the decision on my pr is taken ,I have a job in my home country and I don't want to lose it. Thanks

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Thanks for your reply sir one more question if I stay for 2 years in Canada without leaving and then apply for pr card renewal can they find out about not meet the RO. Thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Thanks for your reply sir one more question if I stay for 2 years in Canada without leaving and then apply for pr card renewal can they find out about not meet the RO. Thanks.
If you successfully enter the country without being reported and stay for 2 years without leaving then you will have reset the residency obligation. You need to show you have resided in Canada for 2 years in the 5 years preceding the application so what happened previously is in the past, although there is a slight chance of more scrutiny no way to predict but that’s all.. Note although everyone says 2 years always best to have 2 years plus some months.

Simple thing to do is too look at the forms for what you need to apply for PR card

Guggu

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
Sir thanks for reply as per your advice I looked at the form for pr card renewal imm5444e and was wondering what people who spent more than 3 years outside canada write in question no 19,20,21,22 regarding address history, work history, travel history and still get their pr card renewed without any issue.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Once you are in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, any past breach of it is cured. Thus, as @Bs65 observed, "if you successfully enter the country without being reported and stay for 2 years without leaving then you will have reset the residency obligation."

What matters when you apply for the PR card (or arrive at a PoE from abroad) is that you are, as of that date, in compliance.

Previously being in breach may invite some elevated scrutiny BUT so long as the PR is currently meeting the PR RO, the PR is NOT in breach, and will NOT lose PR status.

Thus, once you have in fact stayed two straight years, there is NO PR RO problem . . . of course you may have to actually prove your presence in Canada these two years.

Which leads to . . . .

Sir thanks for reply as per your advice I looked at the form for pr card renewal imm5444e and was wondering what people who spent more than 3 years outside canada write in question no 19,20,21,22 regarding address history, work history, travel history and still get their pr card renewed without any issue.
There are no generic answers for these. ONLY the TRUTHFUL facts. The PR needs to report work history, address history, and travel history ACCURATELY. These are all specific to the individual.

To do otherwise will itself create a potentially serious issue (rather than help to avoid issues).

Actual case example: PR reported residing at an address in Canada and being unemployed for a period of time and CIC (before it became IRCC) came across a Business Conference brochure which listed the PR as a contributing participant as a representative for a foreign company the PR did not disclose as an employer, the conference taking place in Europe on a date during the period of time the PR reported to be unemployed and in Canada. Did not end well. (Many others have been tripped up by information CIC or IRCC discovered in open sources like LinkedIn, Canada411, social media, and so on.)

A PRC application soon after coming into compliance (soon after being in Canada two years) may involve increased scrutiny, perhaps Secondary Review, or otherwise incur some delays in processing. BUT as long as you can readily document the two years in Canada, PR status itself should be secure.