+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS Waiting for Medical Request after BIO ######## Gather here ########

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Got a status update on the IRCC portal "Application/profile updated" but when I checked inside, everything was exactly the same as the day my Biometrics got updated. Once I came back to the main screen, status changed back to "submitted". What does this mean?

My timeline till now:
Non-SDS application submitted March end (India)
Biometrics updated 2nd April
Waiting for medical request since then.....

jrodriguez

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Do you mind sharing the reason why you had to update your bank statements and LOA; and what was different in them ? Did you defer your studies ?
I do not deferred, I'm September intake. I think they asked because my application was on February 17 and my bank statement was until December 15, they asked updated until March, about the LOA I don't have idea.

Reactions: Rafaelhag43

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
These are called ghost updates. usually considered as some progress in your application.
So should I be expecting any actual updates on my application shortly (maybe regarding medical)? Or could it be just a fluke or technical glitch?

I was actually thinking of raising a webform today to enquire about my application status as I have not gotten a medical request. Plus I am worried if my application would be considered in the "complete application" bracket before 15th may if I dont have a medical request.

Would have asked these via webform, but after this ghost update, do you think I should wait now?

n@bz

Star Member
Apr 30, 2021
So should I be expecting any actual updates on my application shortly (maybe regarding medical)? Or could it be just a fluke or technical glitch?

I was actually thinking of raising a webform today to enquire about my application status as I have not gotten a medical request. Plus I am worried if my application would be considered in the "complete application" bracket before 15th may if I dont have a medical request.

Would have asked these via webform, but after this ghost update, do you think I should wait now?
if you have uploaded all the required documents during submission, den its a complete document.. ghost update shows they are working on your file.. hope for the best

Reactions: AB25

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
I am worried if my application would be considered in the "complete application" bracket before 15th may if I dont have a medical request.
bro, your application is complete. Medical test is an additional, unrequired document not part of your primary application. I'm waiting for medical request too. good luck.

Reactions: AB25

AB25

Star Member
May 5, 2021
bro, your application is complete. Medical test is an additional, unrequired document not part of your primary application. I'm waiting for medical request too. good luck.
Thanks and good luck to you too :)

Quick question, do you think we should raise a webform and enquire about medical request? Or shall we wait? I did get a ghost update yesterday, nothing changed so far.

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
Thanks and good luck to you too :)

Quick question, do you think we should raise a webform and inquire about medical request? Or shall we wait? I did get a ghost update yesterday, nothing changed so far.
no. u should not rise webform asking for medical request. if you need one they will tell you so. only rise webform if there is change in your infromation or your application passed the normal processing time

Reactions: sal2021 and AB25