+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS Waiting for Medical Request after BIO ######## Gather here ########

Neelam_Thuls

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Hello all,

Kindly gather here and share your experience and thoughts please, my timeline below,

Fall - 2021
Non-SDS India
Application - 7th March 2021
BIL - 7th March
BIO Completion - 10th March
Medical Request - Waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: RumezaJ

sam300

Mar 24, 2021
As far as I have observed in non-SDS, medical request comes after they have made a decision on your application and usually PPR follows immediately after medical is done. So I guess nothing to worry about.

A.Y.C.A.

Jan 23, 2021
Hello all,

Kindly gather here and share your experience and thoughts please, my timeline below,

Fall - 2021
Non-SDS India
Application - 7th March 2021
BIL - 7th March
BIO Completion - 10th March
Medical Request - Waitinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg o_O
Hi, Have they started working on your background and eligibility?

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
Please check my signature.
I'm waiting for my medical request too. It's been now 71 days since I've applied.

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Hello in the same boat as you all

Non sds India

Applied on Feb 16
BIL : Feb 17
Biometrics done : Feb 18
Biometrics status completed: March 19
No updates after that.
Though I did received like 3 ghost updates since March 30th.

Anxiously waiting for the request letter, as the other Feb Non SDS are getting their PPRs and here I am. If I don't get one by April 25. I'm doing the meds and sending them the UMI number through webform, as it's taking way too long.

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
You know there's one thing I have noticed. I haven't seen any medical letter for Indian applicants since Dec or Jan. That's weird imo.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
If I don't get one by April 25. I'm doing the meds and sending them the UMI number through webform, as it's taking way too long.
When does your program start?
As far as I know, medical request is sent at the final stage of application processing and it means mostly you are approved.

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
My classes have already started, they are online. Yeah I know that, but they are taking way too much time rn. I know my profile is good.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
My classes have already started, they are online
so you are taking the risk starting your study before approval. Would your college refund you in case of a refusal?

my program starts on 10th May, I don't know whether to start or defer, the problem is my program has only one intake each year which is summer :(:(

divjain

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
INDIA
Yes I am taking the risk. It's the course I have worked hard to get in to and waited for a year. And no I don't think I will get the refusal. I'm a 21 year old with no switch in careers, going for vocational course, that to at the best school in the world for my program, with great finance, and assurance of me getting back to my home country. Yes I have mentioned all of that in my Sop. And if IRCC wanted to reject me they would have done it by now, as I have seen they send the BVL first if they reject you in the first stage, and for Indian non sds they are going thru date pattern now. I have seen the example of Feb 12 file getting BVL on April 11, who were waiting for med request. Yes non sds indian file. So by that pattern I should have gotten one by now. So yeah I have a good faith in my application, hence it's the risk I'm willing to take.

sal2021

Star Member
Feb 19, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
09-02-2021
Yes I am taking the risk. It's the course I have worked hard to get in to and waited for a year. And no I don't think I will get the refusal. I'm a 21 year old with no switch in careers, going for vocational course, that to at the best school in the world for my program, with great finance, and assurance of me getting back to my home country. Yes I have mentioned all of that in my Sop. And if IRCC wanted to reject me they would have done it by now, as I have seen they send the BVL first if they reject you in the first stage, and for Indian non sds they are going thru date pattern now. I have seen the example of Feb 12 file getting BVL on April 11, who were waiting for med request. Yes non sds indian file. So by that pattern I should have gotten one by now. So yeah I have a good faith in my application, hence it's the risk I'm willing to take.
Good luck bro... I wish you receive the med request ASAP.