+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

Mic187

May 19, 2023
You need to wait for the PPR and send the passport to VFS during that time the counterfoil will also appear to your account.

rajuy1

Jan 2, 2019
Nepal
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Delhi
You need to wait for the PPR and send the passport to VFS during that time the counterfoil will also appear to your account.
I got PPR request on June 29 and sent my passport for stamping on July 4 to High commission of India New Delhi. Additionally, I've got my POE on july 12 but there's no update in Counterfoil yet till today neither received any mails about passport dispatch.

yatinbatra

Sep 3, 2019
Non SDS

How long does it take to get a decision post medical updation (had got medical request)??

New portal
Series: S400078***
Re-apply case (biometrics not required this time)

Timeline:
Applied from: India
Application date: 23 June
Confirmation of online application transmission: 23 June
Submission confirmation: 23 June
Client Application summary: 28 June
Medical request: 4 July
Medical conducted on: 8 July
Medical updated on: 14 July
Eligibility & Background verification: In progress

Post that there's no update (as on 18 July)

Is getting a medical request in non SDS something positive?
When can an update be expected?

Last edited:

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
Non SDS

How long does it take to get a decision post medical updation (had got medical request)??

New portal
Series: S400078***
Re-apply case (biometrics not required this time)

Timeline:
Applied from: India
Application date: 23 June
Confirmation of online application transmission: 23 June
Submission confirmation: 23 June
Client Application summary: 28 June
Medical request: 4 July
Medical conducted on: 8 July
Medical updated on: 14 July
Eligibility & Background verification: In progress

Post that there's no update (as on 18 July)

Is getting a medical request in non SDS something positive?
When can an update be expected?
Hi, I have a similar timeline

From Brazil - Sao Paulo

Date Received: March 17
Biometrics: April 10
Background check: April 10
Medical results: June 12, 2023 You passed the medical exam (Additional tests requested)
Review of eligibility:
June 16, 2023

Final Decision:
June 16, 2023 - Refused

New application
Date Received
: June 22, 2023
Biometrics: Don´t need
Background check: We are processing your background check
Medical results: June 30, 2023 You passed the medical exam.
Review of eligibility: started last week

yatinbatra

Sep 3, 2019
Hi, I have a similar timeline

From Brazil - Sao Paulo

Date Received: March 17
Biometrics: April 10
Background check: April 10
Medical results: June 12, 2023 You passed the medical exam (Additional tests requested)
Review of eligibility:
June 16, 2023

Final Decision:
June 16, 2023 - Refused

New application
Date Received
: June 22, 2023
Biometrics: Don´t need
Background check: We are processing your background check
Medical results: June 30, 2023 You passed the medical exam.
Review of eligibility: started last week
Damn!
They took like 14 days to start eligibility review on your application.
Guess that would also differ on which office (location) is processing it

Did you file using the new portal?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Guys !!! finally after exact 3 months of wait, i have finally received my PPR, below is my timeline:

Application Submitted: 19th April 2023
Biometrics Completed: 24th April 2023
Medical Request from IRCC: 8th May 2023
Medical Passed: 19th May 2023
BVL: 18th July 2023
PPR: 19th July 2023

Visa Office: Abu Dhabi

• Love
Reactions: parrots and Mic187

JJJJJC

Jul 21, 2023
Hi guys,

I am new here, 2023 fall intaker, classes start at Sep 1st. Applied May 24 with non-SDS from China.
It has been 2 months since submission and 1 month since last update and the ircc tracker gives the following time line:

May 24, 2023
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
We received the passport photos you sent us.
We received the passport(s)/travel document(s) you sent us.

May 29, 2023
Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Jun 28, 2023
Background verification status has been updated to In progress

Now, Biometrics, Medical, and Eligibility are all completed, with only bg verification left.
Anyone else share the same situation? Is it possible that this bg verification time is going to be super long? Any thoughts or timelines?

Thanks

m4r4cwz

Star Member
May 9, 2023
Hi guys,

I am new here, 2023 fall intaker, classes start at Sep 1st. Applied May 24 with non-SDS from China.
It has been 2 months since submission and 1 month since last update and the ircc tracker gives the following time line:

May 24, 2023
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
We received the passport photos you sent us.
We received the passport(s)/travel document(s) you sent us.

May 29, 2023
Medical exam status has been updated to Completed

Jun 28, 2023
Background verification status has been updated to In progress

Now, Biometrics, Medical, and Eligibility are all completed, with only bg verification left.
Anyone else share the same situation? Is it possible that this bg verification time is going to be super long? Any thoughts or timelines?

Thanks

Probabily the final decision has been made. You'll receive the email soon.

Mic187

May 19, 2023
Guys !!! finally after exact 3 months of wait, i have finally received my PPR, below is my timeline:

Application Submitted: 19th April 2023
Biometrics Completed: 24th April 2023
Medical Request from IRCC: 8th May 2023
Medical Passed: 19th May 2023
BVL: 18th July 2023
PPR: 19th July 2023

Visa Office: Abu Dhabi
Congratulations mate. You did it. You have been actively engaging on some threads.

yatinbatra

Sep 3, 2019
Has anyone been rejected study permit post receiving medical request (non SDS) and also passing it?
I have been waiting for an update post my medicals were updated on 14july

Last edited:

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Geet7! Finally have gotten some time to officially thank you too! :D You are the prime reason we have even seriously considered applying for the second time and you have been a true leader and an inspiration to so many on this forum over the past two years! I cannot thank you enough! I recommend everyone to read our stories and be motivated to pursue your goals even if your cases seems ridiculously complex and seemingly impossible to be approved. Go for it with all your hearts and genuine attitude, work hard and never hesitate to talk to people. That's what definitely @Geet7 has given us! Thank you, thank you so so so much! :D

Just wanted to publicly say this:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a wild ride but you made it happen! Through perseverance, patience and the best attitude I've seen around here! I wish you nothing but the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

Reactions: step1234

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @AnonymousQuin23! Is your question still relevant to you? Sorry for not answering it earlier. I've just started to read this threat from page 23 today, I've got some catching up to do now. Please, let me know, if you're still waiting for your decision. We'll talk then ;)

Yo I had a question for you since you got some experience with being rejected and being accepted alike. What do you think of my profile ?
Worth mentioning I’m applying for a 2 year diploma and have never undergone post secondary education.

refer to the comment above for my profile.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Not necessarily, the application can be processed literally anywhere in the world. We've applied from China, our application was processed in Canada. Some people apply from South America and get their applications processed in Europe. It all depends..

No. Your application gets processed from the designated visa office of the country you are applying from i.e. the one you currently are in. You can look the visa office up on the IRCC website along side the country name.