+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Then thats definitely an impacting factor. It can’t be 2 people having somewhat the same timeline unless co-op work permit had an influence on processing time.
that could be the case but i have applied for my husband’s SOWP as well with my study permit and both of us passed the eligibility stage a week into lodging our applications, then received medical requests and then passed medical as well. So in my case there has been quite a progress since i have applied.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
that could be the case but i have applied for my husband’s SOWP as well with my study permit and both of us passed the eligibility stage a week into lodging our applications, then received medical requests and then passed medical as well. So in my case there has been quite a progress since i have applied.
I mean yes i know there has been progress but ive seen a lot of people on here with no progress eventually getting ppr. Im speaking of processing time from the moment you lodge in till you get ppr irregardless of what happens in between.

Reactions: parrots

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Then thats definitely an impacting factor. It can’t be 2 people having somewhat the same timeline unless co-op work permit had an influence on processing time.
It mainly depends on where your visa office is and how busy it can get. My visa office is abu dhabi and most of the applicants hear from them in 10-12 weeks.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
I mean yes i know there has been progress but ive seen a lot of people on here with no progress eventually getting ppr. Im speaking of processing time from the moment you lodge in till you get ppr irregardless of what happens in between.
Yes. Thats what i mentioned to you the other day that your account might show nothing has started but in reality it might had even been completed. Nobody knows what goes on with ones application up untill the result shows up.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
It mainly depends on where your visa office is and how busy it can get. My visa office is abu dhabi and most of the applicants hear from them in 10-12 weeks.
Thing is im in egypt and a lot of the people that have applied for a study permit in egypt have gotten their visas within 6 weeks. I don’t know whats taking them too long but I know it’s definitely not to do with the visa office but my particular application.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Thing is im in egypt and a lot of the people that have applied for a study permit in egypt have gotten their visas within 6 weeks. I don’t know whats taking them too long but I know it’s definitely not to do with the visa office but my particular application.
how confident do you feel in your application ? Was there an agent that applied on your behalf or you did it yourself ?

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
how confident do you feel in your application ? Was there an agent that applied on your behalf or you did it yourself ?
Nah I made sure to put it together myself. I wanted to be as much genuine and authentic as I could. I have got about 11k canadian dollars in cash, paid off first semester’s fees and have got about 19 thousand dollars in deposit certificates in mother’s name. I have also made sure to attach payslips for a relative whose annual income is above 70k us dollars a year and have included an afffidavit of support from them stating they will provide a monthly allowance of 1000 dollars. I’m 19 years old so have kind of come up short on family ties but i think they don’t put too much emphasis on that when ur 19. I just tried to show them how much I love the city where I was born and grew up which is actually true and that parents live here and laid out a clear plan of what I plan to do once ive graduated and come back. I actually do intend to come back to egypt but I worry they might not be convinced.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Guys! :D Guys! :D Guys! :D

My husband and I have received our Original Passport Requests today in the morning! Two days short of 16 weeks. We have not sent a single webform, have not contacted an MP and have not ordered GCMS Notes along the way. Our trackers and GCKey were both updated today with everything "Completed" and "Approved". Our timeline is:

SDS for SP + OWP from China
Application Submitted - 16 February
Medical "Completed" (for me) - 20 May
Biometrics "Completed" (for me) - 19 April
Everything Else "In Progress" for both of us - 19 April
OPRs for both of us - 6 June
Everything "Completed" for both of us - 6 June

@Izaz @naohFiona @kungFUpanda I believe, I wish, I hope, I am sending you my positive energy for all of you to get your PPRs any day now! :)

@trkm93 @hs202 I feel guilty before you, guys, honestly. You should not suffer and wait any more and should have gotten your decisions way before me and many others. I wish you guys approach the IRCC in any way that you can and above all I wish you strength and patience! Please, do let us know how your applications are going! We are rooting for you guys with all our hearts! :)

@Lolan @Latifa Annie Your PPRs are on their way, I am sure of it! :)

@step1234 @Mr_Kumar @Kharedeepika @liberty_guy @maazaslam33`@C4P @ridhamp00 @gurleensuri @thomas23 @archanajossy @saleslucas94 @Proldsport @chidibav @Hannan009 You are my cheerleaders! I am so enormously grateful for all your support and encouragement! Our journey through this application was made so much easier with your help! I literally stayed sane because of all of you. :)

To all new people on this forum whom I've just met - thank you for your inputs and warm messages!

This is our second application. Our first application was refused in 2022 (May 8 - September 11 - 18 weeks of waiting). This forum has been a source of useful information and moral support all this time and I will be absolutely thrilled to help anyone in need of a conversation relating to their applications.

Thank you guys so much! And good luck everyone!
Just wanted to publicly say this:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been a wild ride but you made it happen! Through perseverance, patience and the best attitude I've seen around here! I wish you nothing but the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are awesome!!!!!

• Love

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Those updates are no problem at all, everything will be updated on the day your receive your final decision. Until then they might stay without any movement. Don't worry about that at all!

Today marks a 10-week wait. Whats worrying me is not the wait time its that there are no movements on the application over those 10 weeks.

Reactions: AnonymousQuin23

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Those updates are no problem at all, everything will be updated on the day your receive your final decision. Until then they might stay without any movement. Don't worry about that at all!
Yo I had a question for you since you got some experience with being rejected and being accepted alike. What do you think of my profile ?
Worth mentioning I’m applying for a 2 year diploma and have never undergone post secondary education.

refer to the comment above for my profile.

Engineer85

Jun 9, 2023
I am also waiting, applied for a 1 year Course. The course starts in the beginning of Jan 2024
as per the site it was always 6-7 weeks processing time, but already 8 weeks gone.
Lates as per site is 6 weeks.

20th April 2023 Application received
21st April 2023 Biometric message
26th Biometric 2023 Completed

No any upgrades in the tracker long time
Biometric - Completed
Medical - Not started( but i did it in advance )
Eligibility - Not Started
Background- In progress

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I am also waiting, applied for a 1 year Course. The course starts in the beginning of Jan 2024
as per the site it was always 6-7 weeks processing time, but already 8 weeks gone.
Lates as per site is 6 weeks.

20th April 2023 Application received
21st April 2023 Biometric message
26th Biometric 2023 Completed

No any upgrades in the tracker long time
Biometric - Completed
Medical - Not started( but i did it in advance )
Eligibility - Not Started
Background- In progress
Where you applying from ?

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
I also applied for a two years course. Diploma in nursing actually but I plan to change to degree when I get there. I’m in my 12th week and still waiting….