+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Man i did and i told u what they said and u told me i could get an approval scroll up

But thing is inordered them on the 5th of may and when they came through everything was either redacted or blank. Eligibility didn’t show any status. Not even”not started” it was just blank
No don’t order them again now be patient. There are chances eligibility has probably started but just not showing up on tracker. Im in my 12th week of waiting for a study permit too. My eligibility completed the very first week yet still nothing. So it’s really depends on who is working on your application whether they’re updating it on the system or not
Thats way too long. Have you tried to raise a webform ?

I have raised one to which I got a response with 10 days of sending it and the response was like “your application is currently being processed”. They didn’t share anything particular to my application in the email.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Man i did and i told u what they said and u told me i could get an approval scroll up

But thing is inordered them on the 5th of may and when they came through everything was either redacted or blank. Eligibility didn’t show any status. Not even”not started” it was just blank
argh sorry i forgot about that. Im sure the eligbilty would have started to be honest, it might justnot be reflecting on the app.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
argh sorry i forgot about that. Im sure the eligbilty would have started to be honest, it might justnot be reflecting on the app.
I already paid for my accommodation on campus. The deadline to get a refund has been set to june 15t. I can’t get a refund if i request one past this date. I made a deposit of 500 canadian dollars.

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Thats way too long. Have you tried to raise a webform ?

I have raised one to which I got a response with 10 days of sending it and the response was like “your application is currently being processed”. They didn’t share anything particular to my application in the email.
Yeah I raised one but they just gave me an automated message back. I’ve decided to just wait because I think that’s the only option. Nothing else seems to be working

Reactions: parrots

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
I already paid for my accommodation on campus. The deadline to get a refund has been set to june 15t. I can’t get a refund if i request one past this date. I made a deposit of 500 canadian dollars.
i can understand mate this is really hard. Some of us have passed eligibilty and still stuck, the others not yet started, we all in the same lane. I wish there was much we could do about the situation but honestly its only to be patient.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
i can understand mate this is really hard. Some of us have passed eligibilty and still stuck, the others not yet started, we all in the same lane. I wish there was much we could do about the situation but honestly its only to be patient.
Do you think if i request a refund now will it show on their end and potentially impact my chances ? I can’t afford to miss out on my deposit money if I dont get a study permit.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Do you think if i request a refund now will it show on their end and potentially impact my chances ? I can’t afford to miss out on my deposit money if I dont get a study permit.
honestly thats your call to make but if i were you, i would have requested for refund because accomodation is something you can still find hundreds of options once u land in Canada or even before. If you really cant afford to let go of that amount, go ahead with the refund. & no it will not have any impact on your study permit application.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I wanted to show im a genuine student and have hot p
honestly thats your call to make but if i were you, i would have requested for refund because accomodation is something you can still find hundreds of options once u land in Canada or even before. If you really cant afford to let go of that amount, go ahead with the refund. & no it will not have any impact on your study permit application.
I just wanted to show im a genuine student by showing intent of living in a place where its only students. I wanted to eliminate any doubts they could have about me by showing how much invested I am into pursuing my education. I figured it would be a good strategy.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
I wanted to show im a genuine student and have hot p
I just wanted to show im a genuine student by showing intent of living in a place where its only students. I wanted to eliminate any doubts they could have about me by showing how much invested I am into pursuing my education. I figured it would be a good strategy.
Because like it or not itd be really hard not to study and go to school if you live in a place where it’s entirely school goers.

step1234

Mar 8, 2023
Guys! :D Guys! :D Guys! :D

My husband and I have received our Original Passport Requests today in the morning! Two days short of 16 weeks. We have not sent a single webform, have not contacted an MP and have not ordered GCMS Notes along the way. Our trackers and GCKey were both updated today with everything "Completed" and "Approved". Our timeline is:

SDS for SP + OWP from China
Application Submitted - 16 February
Medical "Completed" (for me) - 20 May
Biometrics "Completed" (for me) - 19 April
Everything Else "In Progress" for both of us - 19 April
OPRs for both of us - 6 June
Everything "Completed" for both of us - 6 June

@Izaz @naohFiona @kungFUpanda I believe, I wish, I hope, I am sending you my positive energy for all of you to get your PPRs any day now! :)

@trkm93 @hs202 I feel guilty before you, guys, honestly. You should not suffer and wait any more and should have gotten your decisions way before me and many others. I wish you guys approach the IRCC in any way that you can and above all I wish you strength and patience! Please, do let us know how your applications are going! We are rooting for you guys with all our hearts! :)

@Lolan @Latifa Annie Your PPRs are on their way, I am sure of it! :)

@step1234 @Mr_Kumar @Kharedeepika @liberty_guy @maazaslam33`@C4P @ridhamp00 @gurleensuri @thomas23 @archanajossy @saleslucas94 @Proldsport @chidibav @Hannan009 You are my cheerleaders! I am so enormously grateful for all your support and encouragement! Our journey through this application was made so much easier with your help! I literally stayed sane because of all of you. :)

To all new people on this forum whom I've just met - thank you for your inputs and warm messages!

This is our second application. Our first application was refused in 2022 (May 8 - September 11 - 18 weeks of waiting). This forum has been a source of useful information and moral support all this time and I will be absolutely thrilled to help anyone in need of a conversation relating to their applications.

Thank you guys so much! And good luck everyone!
Congratulations. I love your patience. Such an amazing soul. Lifting spirits up. May you be uplifted any day you feel down. So happy for you and hubby.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Totally agree, could not have said it better myself. @Ndifor You better work a professional immigration consultant on your application, but make sure to choose a consultant very well, do your research, ask friends, it is better if you are recommended one.

If your goal is to have the education and come back to your home country than there is no issue in it but if you plan to apply for PGWP after your education, you most certanily will not be eligibile to do so. You have to apply to some other college that provides PGWP.

Your sister being in Canada can be an issue as the officer will conclude your strong ties to Canada which will affect your approval chances. You do not have any job,spouse or kids in home country which will all raise flags for the officer. Lastly, the program you have choosen is not a natural progression of your career. So basically, given your current situation you have a high chance of refusal. If you can work on the factors mentioned above, it can work in your favour.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Congratulations @Lolan! :) You and us got our OPRs on the same day :) How is your passport stamping going? In China, it takes 6 weeks. How long does it take in Russia these days?

Hello, yeap, my medical exam has been updated on 2nd June, and I got my PPR on 6th June. Hope your visa is going well as well!

Reactions: Lolan

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thank you so much @step1234! :D It warms my heart to hear congratulations and warm wishes from you! You were rooting for us all the way and I really appreciate it!

You were right, we didn't beat your record of 23 weeks, but that was because your processing time was still for 2022. However, even for last year, you were one of the front runners, so my cheers all go to you! Incredible story and a well-deserved result! :D Hope you have every bit of success on your new journey! Please, do stay in touch! ;)

Congratulations. I love your patience. Such an amazing soul. Lifting spirits up. May you be uplifted any day you feel down. So happy for you and hubby.

Reactions: step1234

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @AnonymousQuin23! Criminality and info sharing (which criminality for Five Eye countries) is the first thing an application goes through. It is a doorway for an application to be opened and considered for review. And it means just that: you have passed your background check. There is no other information on your GCMS Notes because your file hasn't started to be processed yet. There won't be any more information until your file is processed and the final decision is made. To be absolutely frank with you, ordering GCMS Notes for a SP application any time until after the rejection (the only reason you really need them) is a waste of time and money. Don't pay attention to them as of now. Hope you won't need them at all in the future! Good luck to you! :)

Hey. I applied for a study permit on the 7th of april and some 20 days ago and submitted in a request for gcms notes from ircc and cbsa. I got the files today but in the assessments section it does ‘t show anything next to eligibility or security. Not “not started” not “failed” nothing. It only shows criminality as passed and info sharing as complete. I wanna know what this means. If they’ve been redacted in both files is that a good sign ?

Ive messaged the place which I got the notes through and they told me they’d email ircc and cbsa and find out this information has been withheld but of course I don’t expect a response from either one of them ay any point in the forseeable future. So anyone have any idea what that means ?