+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hey. I applied for a study permit on the 7th of april and some 20 days ago and submitted in a request for gcms notes from ircc and cbsa. I got the files today but in the assessments section it does ‘t show anything next to eligibility or security. Not “not started” not “failed” nothing. It only shows criminality as passed and info sharing as complete. I wanna know what this means. If they’ve been redacted in both files is that a good sign ?

Ive messaged the place which I got the notes through and they told me they’d email ircc and cbsa and find out this information has been withheld but of course I don’t expect a response from either one of them ay any point in the forseeable future. So anyone have any idea what that means ?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Hey. I applied for a study permit on the 7th of april and some 20 days ago and submitted in a request for gcms notes from ircc and cbsa. I got the files today but in the assessments section it does ‘t show anything next to eligibility or security. Not “not started” not “failed” nothing. It only shows criminality as passed and info sharing as complete. I wanna know what this means. If they’ve been redacted in both files is that a good sign ?

Ive messaged the place which I got the notes through and they told me they’d email ircc and cbsa and find out this information has been withheld but of course I don’t expect a response from either one of them ay any point in the forseeable future. So anyone have any idea what that means ?
whats the status of your eligibilty on IRCC tracker & GCkey ?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Its been over 9 weeks and eligibility is still showing as not started on travker. Background verification is in progress
What is the statement under your eligibilty header on GCkey ? If it states your application is in progress and they will start the review than probably an officer has not looked into your case yet. Sometimes it doesnt reflect on tracker or GCkey but in actual it might even be completed but i doubt that in your case since GCMS notes states nothing ahead of the eligibilty. This can be so annoying since IRCC really doesnt helps with updates. Hopefully your eligibilty starts soon or might have been by now.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
It shows in progress on gckey. It’s been over 9 weeks do you really think they could have not started reviewing my case yet ? There is a note left by the office in the notes that reads “SP Applicant up to 21 years old. DLI With 70%+ non-sds approval rate” do you think this means anything ?

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
It shows in progress on gckey. It’s been over 9 weeks do you really think they could have not started reviewing my case yet ? There is a note left by the office in the notes that reads “SP Applicant up to 21 years old. DLI With 70%+ non-sds approval rate” do you think this means anything ?
Now i might be wrong in this but since i have alot of maternal cousins that went to Canada on study permit, i have noticed that applicants that have that statement, specially “DLI with 70% - 80%” usually receive positive results, what this exactly means ? We might never know but yes i have noticed the trend.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Now i might be wrong in this but since i have alot of maternal cousins that went to Canada on study permit, i have noticed that applicants that have that statement, specially “DLI with 70% - 80%” usually receive positive results, what this exactly means ? We might never know but yes i have noticed the trend.
Man i hope ur right. Thank you for your response

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Man i hope ur right. Thank you for your response
do not lose hope, we all are in it together. I have had everything completed and stuck on background verification since the day i submitted my application. As useless as it is, i still ended up raising a webform last night as i hit 7 weeks of my application.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
do not lose hope, we all are in it together. I have had everything completed and stuck on background verification since the day i submitted my application. As useless as it is, i still ended up raising a webform last night as i hit 7 weeks of my application.
To be honest im hellbent on moving out of country this year and have already started researching other opportunities elsewhere in case this canada deal doesn’t work out eventually. I still do hope I get to canada tho over anywhere else.

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Man i got a question for you. Is it normal for eligibility to show as not started on tracker 9 weeks into processing ?

Biometrics are completed. Background verification in progress

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
Man i got a question for you. Is it normal for eligibility to show as not started on tracker 9 weeks into processing ?

Biometrics are completed. Background verification in progress
it is definitely not normal for eligibilty to not start even at 9 weeks but what is normal of IRCC applications is it not being updated. Chances are one has even passed the eligibilty stage and the application would say as “not started”.

did you think about ordering GCMS notes ?

AnonymousQuin23

Star Member
May 11, 2023
it is definitely not normal for eligibilty to not start even at 9 weeks but what is normal of IRCC applications is it not being updated. Chances are one has even passed the eligibilty stage and the application would say as “not started”.

did you think about ordering GCMS notes ?
Man i did and i told u what they said and u told me i could get an approval scroll up

But thing is inordered them on the 5th of may and when they came through everything was either redacted or blank. Eligibility didn’t show any status. Not even”not started” it was just blank

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023
Do you think I should order them again ? They only took 20 days to get delivered when I ordered them the first time
No don’t order them again now be patient. There are chances eligibility has probably started but just not showing up on tracker. Im in my 12th week of waiting for a study permit too. My eligibility completed the very first week yet still nothing. So it’s really depends on who is working on your application whether they’re updating it on the system or not

Reactions: parrots