+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Exactly! That's what I heard from a few applicants last year and what I saw on our own GCMS Notes, although I am still not completely sure about whether I understand that correctly. But if that's the case, I also do not see any point, but it's a reality for sure. I mean, how could we explain @saad.mehmood and some other people not getting their decisions while their files have obviously been completed?

Yes, I am also very confused about China. I am seeing way too many applicants this year being delayed from China and I cannot understand what's going on. Thank you for your encouragement! I keep my fingers crossed and try to be patient for a few more weeks :rolleyes:

Oh wow. So what was the point of the holding the application from June till September. Keeping a person in suspense when they could’ve just brought out the final decision. It’s all just very sad and draining.

good to see you’re feeling better. It’s great to have you back. Don’t worry your visa will soon be approved okay. I really thought China was one of the fastest country in terms of processing applications. But guess not

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, exactly!

You are spot on as far as the background check is concerned. Although in reality my visit visa application background check was completed the same day the biometric was added in the portal but the portal just keeps on showing that my background check is in progress. It was only the day when the visa was stamped on my passport, the portal started showing background check completed with same date was biometric (back dated).

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @MTA4142! Wait a second, 40 weeks is not 2 years, it's a little over 10 months, less than one year, right? I guess that's not really as bad as two years :p But I couldn't agree more, it does feel like that is a normal processing time. Yes, there are some people who wait that long. They are the warriors, true heroes, honestly!

Hello Parrots, it's not good to see that you've been waiting for 16 weeks. But, I know someone who has been waiting for exactly 40 weeks. I contacted him and he thinks that it's a normal issue with IRCC to issue a study permit after two years lol.

I hope we aren't stuck with IRCC backlog. And a decision is made on our files.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yes, please, don't take this information as official @oximoron :) These are my personal observations from what I've seen last year and this year. If last year 20 weeks was an average processing time, this year 14 weeks seems like the maximum. And then, there are those who wait even longer than that, of course. But most people and I mean really most get their decisions within 2-8 weeks this year.

Hello
Where's that number from? or are you basing it on the processing times posted here? Because 14 weeks sounds excessive at least for the processing times in my VO.

Reactions: oximoron

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @hs202! I am so incredibly sad to hear that your cousin hasn't gotten their decision yet. I think your case is illegible for a mandamus now. Have your thought about that and discussed it with a lawyer?

Last year Pakistan boasted the fastest processing timelines for SP. Also, SP should have nothing to do with the TRV backlog. So, all in all, your cousin's application is strangely delayed. How about re-applying?

I wish your family all the best and get your decision soon! :)

As fyi, the case is for my cousin and is still awaited. Waiting since July. Have sent in the request through webform. Recently he contacted a certified IRCC agent and all that agent did was sent in documents again via webform on 3rd May. Also I heard that applications for TRV for Pakistan were having great amount of backlog. Some Canadian MP met Immigration minister who said we are working on it and lot of backlog is cleared now.
P.S I am Canadian citizen and have lived in Canada for 10+ years. Now back in home country, Pakistan since 4 years

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @kungFUpanda! :) How have you been? We are fast approaching your 17 weeks and I guess you are moving towards your week 19-20? :(

It is insane, I agree. My university has confirmed to me today that they are seeing most of the applicants getting their decisions within 8 weeks this year and only a small number getting rejections. The situation is drastically different from last year, that's for sure. But what is going on with our application, no-one can say.

We applied via SDS from China. My medical and biometrics are "Completed". My husband's medical is "Not Started". Everything else is "In Progress" for both of us.

Oh well, there's nothing much I can do about it. And thanks, I hope I'll get something within next couple of weeks.
I really hope you guys don't have to wait this long, It's just insane.

Biometrics -Completed
Eligibility -Not Started
Medical Exam -Not Started (I don't think we require a medical examination since we are living in GCC)
Background Verification -In Progress

What about yours?
and may I know from where you applying from?

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023
Hey @MTA4142! Wait a second, 40 weeks is not 2 years, it's a little over 10 months, less than one year, right? I guess that's not really as bad as two years :p But I couldn't agree more, it does feel like that is a normal processing time. Yes, there are some people who wait that long. They are the warriors, true heroes, honestly!
I know 40 weeks is 10 months. I said that guy believes he has to wait for 2 years and that's why I mentioned two years.
Yeah,10 months is obviously a terrible timeline. But, he has been waiting that long.

Reactions: parrots

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Guys! :D Guys! :D Guys! :D

My husband and I have received our Original Passport Requests today in the morning! Two days short of 16 weeks. We have not sent a single webform, have not contacted an MP and have not ordered GCMS Notes along the way. Our trackers and GCKey were both updated today with everything "Completed" and "Approved". Our timeline is:

SDS for SP + OWP from China
Application Submitted - 16 February
Medical "Completed" (for me) - 20 May
Biometrics "Completed" (for me) - 19 April
Everything Else "In Progress" for both of us - 19 April
OPRs for both of us - 6 June
Everything "Completed" for both of us - 6 June

@Izaz @naohFiona @kungFUpanda I believe, I wish, I hope, I am sending you my positive energy for all of you to get your PPRs any day now! :)

@trkm93 @hs202 I feel guilty before you, guys, honestly. You should not suffer and wait any more and should have gotten your decisions way before me and many others. I wish you guys approach the IRCC in any way that you can and above all I wish you strength and patience! Please, do let us know how your applications are going! We are rooting for you guys with all our hearts! :)

@Lolan @Latifa Annie Your PPRs are on their way, I am sure of it! :)

@step1234 @Mr_Kumar @Kharedeepika @liberty_guy @maazaslam33`@C4P @ridhamp00 @gurleensuri @thomas23 @archanajossy @saleslucas94 @Proldsport @chidibav @Hannan009 You are my cheerleaders! I am so enormously grateful for all your support and encouragement! Our journey through this application was made so much easier with your help! I literally stayed sane because of all of you. :)

To all new people on this forum whom I've just met - thank you for your inputs and warm messages!

This is our second application. Our first application was refused in 2022 (May 8 - September 11 - 18 weeks of waiting). This forum has been a source of useful information and moral support all this time and I will be absolutely thrilled to help anyone in need of a conversation relating to their applications.

Thank you guys so much! And good luck everyone!

Last edited:

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah, I got you @MTA4142! Yes, I also know a few people who were waiting that long last year. It is mind-blowing and I would not wish that upon anyone! The timeline should be the same for everyone with just a small variation, but not 5 times more for some people, it is just incredibly sad! I hope many more people will get their long-awaited decisions soon! :)

I know 40 weeks is 10 months. I said that guy believes he has to wait for 2 years and that's why I mentioned two years.
Yeah,10 months is obviously a terrible timeline. But, he has been waiting that long.

MTA4142

Star Member
May 10, 2023

My husband and I have received our Original Passport Requests today in the morning! Two days short of 16 weeks. We have not sent a single webform, have not contacted an MP and have not ordered GCMS Notes along the way. Our trackers and GCKey were both updated today with everything "Completed" and "Approved". Our timeline is:

Biometrics "Completed" - 19 April

@Izaz @naohFiona @kungFUpanda I believe, I wish, I hope, I am sending you my positive energy for all of you to get your PPRs any day now! :)

@trkm93 @hs202 I feel guilty before you, guys, honestly. You should not suffer and wait any more and should have gotten your decisions way before me and many others. I wish you guys approach the IRCC in any way that you can and above all I wish you strength and patience! Please, do let us know how your applications are going! We are rooting for you guys with all our hearts! :)

@step1234 @Mr_Kumar @Kharedeepika @liberty_guy @maazaslam33`@C4P @ridhamp00 @gurleensuri @thomas23 @archanajossy @saleslucas94 @Proldsport @chidibav @Hannan009 You are my cheerleaders! I am so enormously grateful for all your support and encouragement! Our journey through this application was made so much easier with your help! I literally stayed sane because of all of you. :)

To all new people on this forum whom I've just met - thank you for your inputs and warm messages!

This is our second application. Our first application was refused in 2022 (May 8 - September 11 - 18 weeks of waiting). This forum has been a source of useful information and moral support all this time and I will be absolutely thrilled to help anyone in need of a conversation relating to their applications.

Many many congratulations to both of you. I know how much happy you are.

Good luck with your journey to Canada

Latifa Annie

Feb 21, 2023

Biometrics "Completed" - 19 April

I am so happy for both of you…. Congratulations!!!!!!! I know you’ll look back and be grateful for not giving up! It’s was worth it at the end!
Happy for you honestly! Enjoy Canada. Thanks for being here with us

• Love