+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

step1234

Mar 8, 2023
Idk if I should start crying or not. Because I’m also waiting from Accra. Please have you travelled outside Ghana before? Because I know background check can take long for people with travel histories
Yes you are right. Hence my patience. I guess the delay was from the background check. You don't need to worry. Yours will come sooner than you expect. Pray. Trust the process. Be positive. It will happen.

Reactions: parrots

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
whats the update on your sons application ? Did he receive PPR ?
Nope, nothing so far. Still waiting for PPR. I wonder what is left as the tracker shows everything is complete and I can see the study permit document no. and visa no. along with expiry date since 22nd May 2023. However, no PPR yet. Even the background check is completed. All four stages are shown completed. This wait is annoying as I have planned to travel somewhere with family and I wanted to get stamping done before that.

• Sad
Reactions: parrots

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
What is the status in application tracker?
this is really annoying because my application was so quick its hardly been 5 weeks and everything has been done and all positive signs, my tracker shows everything completed except background verification which has been in progress ever since. Im not sure how long is it going to take :/ im hopefull i will get to hear in this week.

there is no point in not sending PPR of your son but i guess we will never know what goes on in the VO mind.

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
this is really annoying because my application was so quick its hardly been 5 weeks and everything has been done and all positive signs, my tracker shows everything completed except background verification which has been in progress ever since. Im not sure how long is it going to take :/ im hopefull i will get to hear in this week.

there is no point in not sending PPR of your son but i guess we will never know what goes on in the VO mind.
That's true. I am wondering whether I should raise a webform or should I wait for few more days.

MPH.UOFA

Star Member
May 6, 2023
That's true. I am wondering whether I should raise a webform or should I wait for few more days.
if you have gone past the 6 weeks period since currently the processing time is 6 weeks, i will suggest you to raise a webform since you have the grounds to do so. I have reached the 5 week mark and if i dont hear this week, i will be raising a webform and NO webform does not affect your decision timeline.

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
if you have gone past the 6 weeks period since currently the processing time is 6 weeks, i will suggest you to raise a webform since you have the grounds to do so. I have reached the 5 week mark and if i dont hear this week, i will be raising a webform and NO webform does not affect your decision timeline.
Thanks for the info. I will do that. I was wondering whether the webform will delay the processing or not. Glad to hear that it does not.

saad.mehmood

Star Member
May 21, 2023
let us know if you raised a webform and how long it took for them to reply.
Last night I raised the webform using this link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application/Form/69
I am not sure whether I was supposed to use this form our something else but as soon as I submit I received two automated emails from IRCC Middle East and IRCC confirming the receipt. Let see how it goes however their website already says "Our Client Support Centre agents do not have more information about your application than what’s in your account."

So I do not think it would be helpful. Also, I raised the form for Application Update from the available options.

I saw one more version of Web form as well but I didn't want to send two Web Forms at a time so I didn't use the other link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Please let me know if someone has the experience that should I send one using the second link as well.