+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-SDS processing times 2023

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Heeeeyyy @thomas23! What a fantastic news! :D Loads and loads congratulations to you! 9 weeks from Biometrics, beautiful! :) Was it your first application, right?

It's also exciting to hear that February applications are moving forward. I wish the wait to be over for all January / February applicants soon (Sorry March and April applicants ;))

Hey guys! I finally received my PPR today!

Timeline:
21st of Feb submitted
2nd of March Biometrics
4th of May PPR

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Awesome @qazi_elma! Congratulations to you! :)

Folks received my Original Passport Request for September 2023 intake

VFS Office: BANGALORE
Application type: Non SDS

Timeline: (year: 2023, time_zone: IST)
APR 12 - Online Application &
APR 13 - Biometrics Enrollment
APR 18 - Biometrics status updated to: Completed
MAY 01 - Medical Passed (I completed the medical earlier in MAR 18)
MAY 01 - Background check status updated to: We are processing...
MAY 04 - Review of Eligibility status updated to: We are reviewing...
MAY 05 - Original Passport Request

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hey @Raman Kalsiya! I am a February 16 applicant and there are many others who have been waiting since February 2023, January 2023 and even December 2022. There are no patterns here, it is all very random. However, judging by the timeline of your updates, your sister will receive her decision in no time at all (compared to many). Cheer up! :)

My sister applied for study permit on March 8, 2023 from outside Canada. She has been traveling to Canada since 2017. Last time she was here was September 2022. Now she's at her 8 week mark, and her friends (who have never been outside their country before) applied after March 8, have already gotten PPR and submitted their passport. She however, is still waiting. Even though our travel history has been immaculate as we have travelled across the world. Last update was medical updated on March 27, 2023. BG shows in progress, and eligibility shows not started. Biometrics already passed. And nothing since then. She's coming in September 2023. Funny thing is you can't even call them to ask from outside Canada, which makes no sense. Already submitted a webform, but we all know how responsive they are over there.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah, @Izaz, even for Non-SDS your processing time is way to long. Join the rest of us waiting since February or January :( Which country did you apply from?

My Case is Non SDS۔ Biometrics done on 14 February and still Waiting for decision ?

Aawaran

Sep 29, 2022
Hello friends,
I lodged my visa on 10th April 2023 ( study permit NON SDS from Nepal)
Got biometrics request on 12th April 2023
Biometrics done on 17th April 2023
today's 5th May

Can anyone help me when will I get my visa results?

timpaine

Apr 24, 2023
Got my PPR in almost a month!

Application submitted: 6th April, 2023
Biometrics completed: 12th April, 2023
Biometrics updated: 13th April, 2023
Eligibility started: 3rd May, 2023
Eligibility completed: 4th May, 2023
BVL received: 5th May, 2023
Original Passport Request: 5th May, 2023

Strange but my portal timeline or application status tracker hasn't been updated + same with my medicals (still says not started and i don't need one), but i did get an email theres been a message/change on the portal.

Meeseeks

May 2, 2023

Strange but my portal timeline or application status tracker hasn't been updated + same with my medicals (still says not started and i don't need one), but i did get an email theres been a message/change on the portal.

Congrats! It seems SDS countries get SDS processing times even if they apply non-SDS, either way congrats again!

btw, if you trackers were not updated how did you notice when did eligibility start ? What about background checks too ?

timpaine

Apr 24, 2023
Congrats! It seems SDS countries get SDS processing times even if they apply non-SDS, either way congrats again!

btw, if you trackers were not updated how did you notice when did eligibility start ? What about background checks too ?
Thank you!
My application status tracker updated for eligibility and background verification but not for medicals, which btw still says not started.
For these two I only figured the dates cause I was frantically and anxiously checking the tracker a couple times everyday.

The only changes i had were on the tracker, nothing on the IRCC portal still

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hi @Aawaran, realistically, you can get your decision anywhere from 2 to 30 weeks. No-one can give you a more precise answer, unfortunately.

Hello friends,
I lodged my visa on 10th April 2023 ( study permit NON SDS from Nepal)
Got biometrics request on 12th April 2023
Biometrics done on 17th April 2023
today's 5th May

Can anyone help me when will I get my visa results?

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Congratulations @timpaine! :) A great timeline and a fantastic result! Thank you for sharing your story because it does give us some peace of mind with regards to random and quite useless updates on GCKey / Tracker. Good luck to you!

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah, it seems that Non-SDS takes twice as less as the "normal" processing time and SDS takes twice as long.