+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non SDS - August 2022 applicants

Sep 4, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I did my Master's in Engineering from Korea. I applied for a study permit (Ph.D. study with full scholarship) for the September intake and was rejected twice.
When I was initially rejected, I ordered GCMS notes, but the notes did not contain any details.

Is it okay to re-apply again? If I re-apply, how can I proceed with my application? Will a support or recommendation letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants?

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me in this regard.

1st rejection reasons: i) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application, and ii) your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

2nd rejection reason: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I did my Master's in Engineering from Korea. I applied for a study permit (Ph.D. study with full scholarship) for the September intake and was rejected twice.
When I was initially rejected, I ordered GCMS notes, but the notes did not contain any details.

Is it okay to re-apply again? If I re-apply, how can I proceed with my application? Will a support or recommendation letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants?

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me in this regard.

1st rejection reasons: i) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application, and ii) your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

2nd rejection reason: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
I also received rejection based on the same reasons twice. Did you receive the notes from IRCC or CBSA? Usually, the IRCC notes contain the details of the Visa officer's notes (In my case there was a huge paragraph of observations from the visa officer). You should reapply but you need to rectify the concerns of the Visa officer that led to the rejection the previous time to have better chances of approval.

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
Did anyone receive any updates on their application? I saw that results of people submitted on the first week of August got the decisions

Molly_1976

Aug 26, 2022
Did anyone receive any updates on their application? I saw that results of people submitted on the first week of August got the decisions
Not yet...where did you apply the GCMS notes from IRCC or CBSA and in how many days did you get them

Sep 4, 2022
I also received rejection based on the same reasons twice. Did you receive the notes from IRCC or CBSA? Usually, the IRCC notes contain the details of the Visa officer's notes (In my case there was a huge paragraph of observations from the visa officer). You should reapply but you need to rectify the concerns of the Visa officer that led to the rejection the previous time to have better chances of approval.
Where did you apply from? Did you apply for PhD program? I ordered GCMS notes from IRCC but the notes did not contain any details. Also, did you apply for GCMS notes from IRCC or CBSA?

Molly_1976

Aug 26, 2022
Did anyone recieve any update...nothing here. But have seen files lodged on 30th August getting results. I thought Non sds will be better

Sep 7, 2022
Hi, I have received my second rejection mentioning the same reason as you have received. Could you please elaborate on the huge paragraph of observations you received from the visa officer?
I plan to reapply through non-SDS this time since I hear the results are slightly faster in comparison, but I don't have much time to apply for the GCMS notes and wait for them. I have a couple of days left to either differ my college admissions to either Jan or May.
Please provide any idea on what the primary issue could be when the reason for rejection is mentioned as - the purpose of the visit mentioned is inconsistent with your application.
FYI, I had also made it a point to attach all my financial docs, ITRs, affidavits, etc. when I filed my second student visa request through SDS; even then it got rejected. :(

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Hi, I have received my second rejection mentioning the same reason as you have received. Could you please elaborate on the huge paragraph of observations you received from the visa officer?
I plan to reapply through non-SDS this time since I hear the results are slightly faster in comparison, but I don't have much time to apply for the GCMS notes and wait for them. I have a couple of days left to either differ my college admissions to either Jan or May.
Please provide any idea on what the primary issue could be when the reason for rejection is mentioned as - the purpose of the visit mentioned is inconsistent with your application.
FYI, I had also made it a point to attach all my financial docs, ITRs, affidavits, etc. when I filed my second student visa request through SDS; even then it got rejected. :(
Sorry to hear this. But honestly do not go for non-sds if its complex file, meaning its not straight forward. Looking at your rejections, do not for non-sds. Its faster but think about it, 1 month to get another rejection is waste of time.
I suggest to apply in SDS only, it will take time but results are better than in non-sds.
Defer and take next intake, then work on SOP, then apply in SDS. Non-sds is a risky gamble.

poutinebuble

Sep 14, 2022
Hi, did you get any updates about your application? My program is a fully funded MSc program and I applied on Aug 18th for Sept intake via non-SDS. Got a correspondence letter (BVL) last evening, and nothing since then. Really worried that it could be a refusal after reading up on your story. :/
Did you defer to Jan intake? I'm waiting till tomorrow to defer. Bummed out that I might lose my additional entrance scholarship.

Aghogale

Aug 25, 2022
I got the visa approval today.. Applied on August 16
Medical Aug 19
Passport Request sept 16..
Sadly, college deadline was sept 12th. course was not approved for online classes…

Reactions: poutinebuble

poutinebuble

Sep 14, 2022
I got the visa approval today.. Applied on August 16
Medical Aug 19
Passport Request sept 16..
Sadly, college deadline was sept 12th. course was not approved for online classes…
congrats on the approval!
did you get it along with your BVL around the same time or was your BVL sent earlier?

also is your program fully funded? mine is, and in this thread there's multiple rejections for applicant in funded programs :/ im just worried id get a refusal too

btw when you get your passport back from stamping pls let us know how many days it took in total