+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-routine even if no RQ

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
It has been 24 months since I applied. Received the acknowledgment letter and the study guide but never any questionnaires. Got Privacy Act reports from July 2014 and May 2015. It is difficult to understand those reports, but they don't show that anything was done on my application for more than a year now. Today, for the first time, the call center agent told me that my application is non-routine, even thought I never received any questionnaires, and to "call back in a year." What an arrogance on part of a federal employee! She said I will probably receive a questionnaire at some point, nobody knows when.

I called again and the other person told me I can contact the local office by sending a letter in a mail, and they might respond, "if they need to."

BTW, I have lived in Canada, for over 5.5 years now, in continuity.

Did anybody have any experience in contacting a local office? Do they respond? Is it time to try to contact a local MP or some other representative? I heard form some at that it is useless and form some that it helped them.

Any thoughts woudl be appreciated.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
uzas said:
It has been 24 months since I applied. Received the acknowledgment letter and the study guide but never any questionnaires. Got Privacy Act reports from July 2014 and May 2015. It is difficult to understand those reports, but they don't show that anything was done on my application for more than a year now. Today, for the first time, the call center agent told me that my application is non-routine, even thought I never received any questionnaires, and to "call back in a year." What an arrogance on part of a federal employee! She said I will probably receive a questionnaire at some point, nobody knows when.

I called again and the other person told me I can contact the local office by sending a letter in a mail, and they might respond, "if they need to."

BTW, I have lived in Canada, for over 5.5 years now, in continuity.

Did anybody have any experience in contacting a local office? Do they respond? Is it time to try to contact a local MP or some other representative? I heard form some at that it is useless and form some that it helped them.

Any thoughts woudl be appreciated.
Don't worry too much about the call centre employees. I've called numerous times and don't think they provide a "consistent" experience. Some are helpful, some are not. Some are polite, some others missed their cup of coffee in the morning.

I'm about to send a letter to the local office. Let's keep each other informed.

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
Yes. Thank you!

What do you plan to say in the letter? Obviously, I want them to act, to request information from me if they need it, otherwise, give me a test date, but I don't want to complicate my file further. I know I can't make them do anything. I can't even file a Writ of Mandamus for another year.

I have a feeling they were leaving some applications like mine sitting on the side, until the new bill came in, which will give them the right to enforce some new requirements or God knows what, do smeothing easier for them, and perhaps worse for us!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
uzas said:
Yes. Thank you!

What do you plan to say in the letter? Obviously, I want them to act, to request information from me if they need it, otherwise, give me a test date, but I don't want to complicate my file further. I know I can't make them do anything. I can't even file a Writ of Mandamus for another year.

I have a feeling they were leaving some applications like mine sitting on the side, until the new bill came in, which will give them the right to enforce some new requirements or God knows what, do smeothing easier for them, and perhaps worse for us!
Will PM you my draft text once I get something sorted out. One thing you need to remember: As per CIC's announcement, they have declared that they will have all applications that were submitted before April 2015 completed before April 2016... Actual link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985259&tp=1

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Will PM you my draft text once I get something sorted out. One thing you need to remember: As per CIC's announcement, they have declared that they will have all applications that were submitted before April 2015 completed before April 2016... Actual link: http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985259&tp=1
Hi guys, this link above is good to know :) I'm kind of in the same boat I guess, passed my test back in August of 2014 and still waiting. Last time I called the CIC office I was told that unless it's been 24 months since I have applied they won't be able to check my application according to their new rules...and apparently that they are back logged and it might take even longer. When I asked if the higher citizenship fee I paid - $400 - had any relevance to the fact that applications should be processed faster, I was told that it's just a rumor...I was also told that by "bothering" the local office might not do any good to your application...not sure if it's true or not, but this is what the officer said.

ABscientist

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
VancouverGal said:
Hi guys, this link above is good to know :) I'm kind of in the same boat I guess, passed my test back in August of 2014 and still waiting. Last time I called the CIC office I was told that unless it's been 24 months since I have applied they won't be able to check my application according to their new rules...and apparently that they are back logged and it might take even longer. When I asked if the higher citizenship fee I paid - $400 - had any relevance to the fact that applications should be processed faster, I was told that it's just a rumor...I was also told that by "bothering" the local office might not do any good to your application...not sure if it's true or not, but this is what the officer said.
Looks like you need to bother your MP now.

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
Thanks, ABscientist,

do you have any experience with contacting the MP regarding a citizenship application? I don't even know where I woudl start.

londonOntario

Star Member
Jan 14, 2010
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
uzas said:
What an arrogance on part of a federal employee!
It is no secret that a majority of government employees all over the world are like that. The lower the status of the employee, the higher his arrogance.