AOR: 20 Mar 2023
ADR: 20 Mar 2023
PAL: 19 Jun 2023
Med Request: 20 Jun 2023
MP: 4 Jul 2023
GU: 13 Sep 2023: Final decision
Portal 1: 14 Sept 2023
Portal 2: 19 Sept 2023

Question: is the ECOPR going to be sent by email? or how should I download it once everything is approved?

Once your mailing address is accepted by IRCC, you will get a VO signed copy of eCoPR. You should be able to download from portal where you declared the address and uploaded the photo. You also get an email once its available for download from the portal.

Reactions: andrusco

andrusco

Sep 19, 2023
Once your mailing address is accepted by IRCC, you will get a VO signed copy of eCoPR. You should be able to download from portal where you declared the address and uploaded the photo. You also get an email once its available for download from the portal.
great, thanks

rishuaj

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
I called, the lady told me she can make a note for the officer that I have passed my processing time for card, but she was not sure about when could be possible update, I got a ghost on GC key about Sept 13 final decision, with " we will inform you once final decision is made" lol..
ok

canadapro

Jan 9, 2023
I need to call them
I have gone beyond the processing time:
AR: 31st March 2022
AOR: 2nd Nov 2022
PAL: 9th Nov. 2022
MR: 10th Nov. 2022
MP: 7th Feb 2023
Since then, no update till now
Not funny at all. I have called, raised webforms, nothing!
I have similar situation: MP on March 19.. what is your visa office? call IRCC and ask them in which visa office is your application now, then try to contact the visa office..

GracefulLau

Star Member
Jul 14, 2023
What is writ of mandamus?
A writ of mandamus is a judicial remedy to compel a public authority to perform its duty under the law. In immigration law, when you experience an unreasonable delay, a writ of mandamus is sought to force IRCC to process your immigration application and render a decision.
A writ of mandamus can be sought when there is an unreasonable delay in processing an immigration application, or when there is an implicit refusal to process an application. This can apply to various immigration programs, including study permits, work permits, visitor visas and permanent residence.
It is an exceptional remedy that is highly dependent on the facts of each case. The strength of your case will depend on your application, expected processing times, whether you are responsible for the delay and how long you have been waiting for a decision.
A properly prepared letter of demand and application will be important to present your strongest arguments. The immigration system faces an increasingly large immigration backlog. If your application has been delayed for a period of time, a writ of mandamus for your permanent residence application or temporary resident application can assist in the processing.

What is the legal test for a writ of mandamus?
The Federal Court has developed the legal test for a writ of mandamus in case law.
  1. There must be a public legal duty to act
  2. The duty must be owed to the applicant
  3. There is a clear right to the performance of that duty, in particular
    • The applicant has satisfied all conditions precedent giving rise to the duty
    • There was
      • A prior demand for the performance of the duty
      • A reasonable time to comply with the demand unless refused outright
      • A subsequent refusal which can be either expressed or implied, such as an unreasonable delay
  4. Where the duty sought to be enforced is discretionary, consideration must be given to the nature and manner of exercise of that discretion
  5. No other adequate remedy is available to the applicant
  6. The order sought will be of some practical value or effect
  7. There is no equitable bar to the relief sought
  8. On a “balance of convenience,” an order of mandamus should be issued.
If you are responsible for the delay, you cannot file a writ of mandamus. For example, if your application is pending because you have not provided a medical examination or provided an incomplete application, you cannot seek a writ of mandamus.
The writ of mandamus will most likely succeed or fail on two key factors: 1) whether it is an unreasonable delay and 2) whether, on a balance of convenience, an order of mandamus should be issued
Unreasonable delay: The length of the delay will be an important factor, especially when considering the expected processing time and the delay. The effect of the delay on the applicant and any resulting prejudice will be considered.
For example, if you are unable to work since IRCC has taken a considerable amount of time to process your work application and this is substantively beyond the expected processing times, this may be a factor that would deem the delay unreasonable.
While the processing times to process an application are not legally binding, they are providing an overview of expected and reasonable processing times.
Balance of convenience: The unreasonable delay will be weighed against all the circumstances in your application. Delays caused by COVID-19 have not been accepted by the Federal Court,[1] especially delays before and after the pandemic.
However, IRCC may be able to demonstrate that the delay is reasonable in your specific circumstances, such as a security check with another country.
Thank you so much for this detailed explanation

GracefulLau

Star Member
Jul 14, 2023
I have similar situation: MP on March 19.. what is your visa office? call IRCC and ask them in which visa office is your application now, then try to contact the visa office..
Initially my VO was Sydney. I don't know if my application has been moved. I will find out. Thanks

dbflqud88

Dec 9, 2022
Hello. Is there anyone who get any update from etobicoke office? My primary office is etobicoke, I didn't get any update yet.

non-ee pnp AOS

AR : 20 Oct 2022
AOR : 03 Dec 2022
MP : 28 Feb 2023

And nothing changed...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kelio

kele07

Star Member
Jul 5, 2023
Another comedy from Montreal office:

My wife as dependant received now Portal 2 with credentials, but me as main applicant didn't yet :D

What should I do in this situation?

Last edited:

Likkleboy

Mar 13, 2023
Hi all,

AR-August 19, 2022.

MP-February 16, 2023

Until now, eligibility has not started.

Anyone in such a situation? And what could be the cause?

sami1984

Jun 8, 2019
Timeline update:
non-express inland
Feb 3: Submission
March 15: AOR
March 16: ADR, submitted the same day
June 27: MR
July 12: MP
Sep 18: ADR, submitted the same day
waiting ....

maham123

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hello all,
I just want to double check if I submitted my application correctly. I got nomination under SINP (non-express entry) and I am in pakistan. I applied for the next stage through permanent residence portal. Did I do it correctly?..was I supposed to apply through paper application as I was non express entry? Or online permanent residence portal was the correct option