Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi Everyone,

Apologies for asking some stupid basic question. I had submitted my application in Jan,2023 and got this response in letter today -

"We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada."

Need someone to enlighten me on this., Is this is what is called PAL ? I am already in Canada on work permit hence might get Medical exemption ( Medical is less than 2 years old)

One more thing , i heard that Bio is now mandatory for everyone even if they have give biometrics in last 10 years ( in my case its just 2 years) Can you please clarify.
"The only stupid question is the one you don't or never ask" ;)

Yes, that is PAL.

Regarding Bio, what does your GCKey show? The new policy might not apply to you (but I am just guessing here...).

Welcome to the "PAL" club! (Same goes to others who received PAL recently). But I would like to clarify that, because one did not receive PAL doesn't mean they are disapproved. My friend did not receive PAL and he was approved, same Non-EE PNP applicant. So, don't worry too much about PAL.

Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: VanessaE

saurabh001

Jan 11, 2023
"The only stupid question is the one you don't or never ask" ;)

Yes, that is PAL.

Regarding Bio, what does your GCKey show? The new policy might not apply to you (but I am just guessing here...).

Welcome to the "PAL" club! (Same goes to others who received PAL recently). But I would like to clarify that, because one did not receive PAL doesn't mean they are disapproved. My friend did not receive PAL and he was approved, same Non-EE PNP applicant. So, don't worry too much about PAL.

Good luck to everyone!
Thanks for the swift response :) My consultant have the access to the portal hence i cant see the updates there. However after seeing various sages of progression in your signature It seems a long way to go. May i know what to expect next ? Medical request from IRCC ? and also what is eOCPR

Lindaofgod

Sep 9, 2022
Hi everyone, it's like this forum is more of students and job offer applicants. Is there any forum for applicants without job offer, just applying for PR from outside Canada?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Thanks for the swift response :) My consultant have the access to the portal hence i cant see the updates there. However after seeing various sages of progression in your signature It seems a long way to go. May i know what to expect next ? Medical request from IRCC ? and also what is eOCPR
The thing with Non-EE PNP is that there is neither rhyme nor reason on the timeline. Some may get MR, while some may get ADR. And if you're lucky enough, and you have a medical in the past five years, lady luck might just smile at you and send you directly to "GO" and collect $200 (yeah, I like playing Monopoly).

eCOPR means electronic Confirmation Of Permanent Residency. This is your official document that says you are now a permanentresident, while awaiting your PR card.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi everyone, it's like this forum is more of students and job offer applicants. Is there any forum for applicants without job offer, just applying for PR from outside Canada?
Hey, buddy, this thread is about the differentNon-EE PNP from every province. You can ask around and for sure, somebody from that province will answer you. There are different streams for each province's PNP programs, there's bound to be at least one that may suit you.

saurabh001

Jan 11, 2023
The thing with Non-EE PNP is that there is neither rhyme nor reason on the timeline. Some may get MR, while some may get ADR. And if you're lucky enough, and you have a medical in the past five years, lady luck might just smile at you and send you directly to "GO" and collect $200 (yeah, I like playing Monopoly).

eCOPR means electronic Confirmation Of Permanent Residency. This is your official document that says you are now a permanentresident, while awaiting your PR card.
Great. Hope i am lucky enough,. What is this $200 . Is the fee for PR card ? I remember i paid a total 1365$ for both the application and PR card

Kraf245

Mar 22, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received an update in my ATS, however nothing has changed really. Is it normal or does that mean anything?

I called IRCC and verified that my Biometrics has been completed but it doesn’t show up in the tracker. Also regarding the AOR confusion, she said that the file number and GC key request itself indicates that processing has begun, so consider that as AOR. Or it could be sent again if requested.

AR- March 17
GC link request: May 11
ADR: May 11
Submitted AD: May 12
Since then status is- “the additional document you provided has been uploaded”.

D

Deleted member 1116679

Hi All..
Need ur input on this..
I got additional x ray request on my medical exam but I have already booked my tickets for Canada on work permit. The second x ray date is after the date when I am traveling there. My query is can I do the second x ray test in Canada or should it be with the same doctor who has done my first x ray?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Great. Hope i am lucky enough,. What is this $200 . Is the fee for PR card ? I remember i paid a total 1365$ for both the application and PR card
Lol, no, I was just referencing the Monopoly board game rule :p

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi All..
Need ur input on this..
I got additional x ray request on my medical exam but I have already booked my tickets for Canada on work permit. The second x ray date is after the date when I am traveling there. My query is can I do the second x ray test in Canada or should it be with the same doctor who has done my first x ray?
IMO, better to do it before you leave rather than risk being stopped at the airport because your document has become invalid at the last moment. But this is just a guess, others may have differing opinion.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
How long to get AOR and Biometrics after submission for the pr
Depends on each application. Others got theirs in just one or two months, while some in 6 months or more (a few even got theirs after a year).