+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

dfr1

Dec 5, 2022
So strange I am in the same stream but applied on August 2 and don't even received a PAL yet :((((
I called them last week and asked 3 questions. The first was about leaving my current employer, he said that as long as you have your open work permit, everything should be fine.

The second question was about the status of the application, he said that my application has not exceeded 19 months and he can't tell me anything.

And the last question was about benefits for Ukrainians and if there was any way to speed up the process, he said there was nothing like that right now, but mentioned that the officer would see where I was from and should understand the situation. I won't say that the last question helped somehow, maybe it was just a coincidence. :)

Anyway, I hope you get some good news soon

Reactions: Waitty

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Just notice the date changed to May 16th from last 20th April and my BG check on AST shows (updated to completed). But on GC key it still shows (We are processing your background check). Does this means I have passed Eligibility criteria?
. Please.
BGC completed means your background verification got completed. As for eligibility, its a different thing so you might not have passed it yet. Did you receive PAL?

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Good day. Please were you nominated by job offer through province? Because I got a job offer outland, and LMIA exempt. I got my nomination through the job offer and also applied for work permit and it has been approved, just started the pr process mar 25th 3 days before it's expiration date.
AR 25th MAR 2023
AOR 4th APR.
Med p 4th APR
Bio p 4th APR
ADR: RPRF 6th APR
I already had medical and bio done for work permit so it was not requested and passed immediately. Background check on tracker in process. Eligibility not started. One ghost update in tracker. but nothing on GCKEY even medical says in process on GCKEY. nothing on GCKEY till now.
I guess you gotta be patient, until you get requested more information.

Amanjotkaur18

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
So strange I am in the same stream but applied on August 2 and don't even received a PAL yet :((((
I have applied on August 10, with same stream still waiting. I think eligibility somehow related to PAL(not sure about it), once u passed eligibility, don’t worry about PAL.
mine is like MP AND PAL on feb 18 nthg after that. info sharing and security pending.

bakie3011

Apr 1, 2023
I called them last week and asked 3 questions. The first was about leaving my current employer, he said that as long as you have your open work permit, everything should be fine.

The second question was about the status of the application, he said that my application has not exceeded 19 months and he can't tell me anything.

And the last question was about benefits for Ukrainians and if there was any way to speed up the process, he said there was nothing like that right now, but mentioned that the officer would see where I was from and should understand the situation. I won't say that the last question helped somehow, maybe it was just a coincidence. :)

Anyway, I hope you get some good news soon
When you call their number, which selection did you choose in the menu? I tried to call and they say the agent is busy and can't take my call

sonalim

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Eligibility is usually done prior to BG check however in rare cases it can be done after too. If your bg check shows as complete than it means your criminality, info sharing and security has passed. so congrats usually these are the most time taking. Hopefully good news soon. For further clarity you can call and ask as well as my eligibility on the online tracker shows as not started but when I call and ask they say my eligibility has been passed/ is complete since 1st of Feb.
Thank you dear for answering this and the details. This definitely gives me more clarity as I cannot call IRCC (outland applicant). Assuming my file eligibility is also passed before BG.
hope we all get PR asap:)

sonalim

Star Member
May 19, 2022
Brother, how long does it take to do background verification for Canada immigration?
Hi, Sorry I cannot answer your question as the verification process depends on case to case basis but you can check on this forum to know more details or someone from the group can answer your question.
*My application BG status was "In progress" the day I got my AOR and when linked my application on GC key till 16th May when the status changed to "completed" so approximately 7 months for my file.

Harjot98

Mar 3, 2023
Hello i have question about background check for inside canada applicants i got AOR, biometric request and medical passed on March 16, 2023 after that on 21 march i got pre-arrival letter after that it still showing we are processing your background check is anybody know how long background check gonna take.
Thank you

Deewar

Star Member
Jun 12, 2022
Thank you dear for answering this and the details. This definitely gives me more clarity as I cannot call IRCC (outland applicant). Assuming my file eligibility is also passed before BG.
hope we all get PR asap:)
I have heard that people who were Outland were able to call through an app called viber with their viber out call. It will cost you money probably but at least you will get your info. Maybe Google more to find out about viber and try it.