+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

ABmercy&Gr8s

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to ask about the policy guiding the submission of passport during the PR approval process. At what estimated lenght of passport validity would IRCC reject one's passport based on date of expiration? Is it 'not more than x months before expiry date', where x could range from 1 to 6? Is it that it must just remailn valid at the point of submission even if it remains 4 days before the date of expiry?

That being said, what is the grace window for passport submission. I am asking because passport renewal in some countries could take up to four months. In such a situation, what does one do if passport request occured when one's passport is still with the immigration of one's country for renewal?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Well my friends my journey, which is longer than what my signature suggests, has finally come to an end. Today I can finally rest easy knowing that I have permanent status and can finally say I'm part of Team Canada, although Team Canada never made me feel like I wasn't - I needed to work hard and be patient to earn it.

My full timeline:

PNP Non-EE: BIL - Done in 2019 | AR - 8 March 2022 | AOR - 3 October 2022 | GU - 9 November | PAL - 10 November 2022 | GU - 14 November | MR - 15 November 2022 | MD - 17 November 2022 | MP - 24 November 2022 | GU - 24 January 2022 | Portal 1 - 25 January 2022 | Portal 2 - 27 January 2022 | ECOPR - 15 February 2022 | PR Card - ?? | ADR - None!

Primary VO = Sydney / Secondary = Ottawa / Issuance Office = Calgary (West Landings)

(Interestingly, my background check was completed on 9 November.... I knew it because it had already been done on my IEC visa. I felt they sat on this application longer than they needed to...)

Closed WP: AR - 30 March 2022 | Decision Made: 31 August 2022 | Work Permit Received: 6 September 2022

SINP Process: AR - 15 February 2022 | Nominated - 22 February 2022

IEC Visa: ITA - 13 October 2019 | Submission = 2 November 2019 | Approval = 4 November 2019 | Activation of Open Work Permit at Port of Entry = 10 October 2020

Oh, and here are the other attempts I made....
  • Being short by 1 fucking month for CEC-only draws, when my 428 CRS would have just scraped by = August 2021
  • The year I failed an IELTS test (due to very poor preparation) and thus failed to make it into the EE pool (my points were too low anyway) = August 2019 (P.S. after that I prepared for my CELPIP hard and scored all 12s in March 2021)
  • The year I got engaged to (another) Canadian and she bailed on my spousal sponsorship application = August 2018
  • The year I hung up a Canadian flag on my bedroom above my bed, hoping someday I'd get to permanently live there = August 2017
  • The year I failed to get acceptance at a university in NS to pursue a Master's due to a technicality, which would have made me eligible for EE upon completion = September 2016
  • The year I got and failed to activate my first IEC visa because I got too scared of moving to Canada alone early in my career = October 2012
  • The year I got engaged to a Canadian and she bailed on my spousal sponsorship application = October 2011
  • The year I fell in love with Canada and knew I wanted to live there = February 2010 when I saw the Vancouver Winter Olympics
  • How many holidays I took overall in Canada = 7 x 3-6 weeks at a time

@SCW @CampbellR @airforce1907 @RedTree @MudMoverGeorge

Last edited:

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
Well my friends my journey, which is longer than what my signature suggests, has finally come to an end. Today I can finally rest easy knowing that I have permanent status and can finally say I'm part of Team Canada, although Team Canada never made me feel like I wasn't - I needed to work hard and be patient to earn it.

My full timeline:

PNP Non-EE: BIL - Done in 2019 | AR - 8 March 2022 | AOR - 3 October 2022 | GU - 9 November | PAL - 10 November 2022 | GU - 14 November | MR - 15 November 2022 | MD - 17 November 2022 | MP - 24 November 2022 | GU - 24 January 2022 | Portal 1 - 25 January 2022 | Portal 2 - 27 January 2022 | ECOPR - 15 February 2022 | PR Card - ?? | ADR - None!

Primary VO = Sydney / Secondary = Ottawa / Issuance Office = Calgary (West Landings)

(Interestingly, my background check was completed on 9 November.... I knew it because it had already been done on my IEC visa. I felt they sat on this application longer than they needed to...)

Closed WP: AR - 30 March 2022 | Decision Made: 31 August 2022 | Work Permit Received: 6 September 2022

IEC Visa: ITA - 13 October 2019 | Submission = 2 November 2019 | Approval = 4 November 2019 | Activation of Open Work Permit at Port of Entry = 10 October 2020

• Being short by 1 fucking month for CEC-only draws, when my 428 CRS would have just scraped by = August 2021
  • The year I failed an IELTS test (due to very poor preparation) and thus failed to make it into the EE pool (my points were too low anyway) = August 2019 (P.S. after that I prepared for my CELPIP hard and scored all 12s in March 2021)
  • The year I got engaged to (another) Canadian and she bailed on my spousal sponsorship application = August 2018
  • The year I hung up a Canadian flag on my bedroom above my bed, hoping someday I'd get to permanently live there = January 2018
  • The year I failed to get acceptance at a university in NS to pursue a Master's due to a technicality, which would have made me eligible for EE upon completion = September 2016
  • The year I got and failed to activate my first IEC visa because I got too scared of moving to Canada alone early in my career = October 2012
  • The year I got engaged to a Canadian and she bailed on my spousal sponsorship application = October 2011
  • The year I fell in love with Canada and knew I wanted to live there = February 2010 when I saw the Vancouver Winter Olympics

hey you finally landed. million congrats, my friend! what are you gonna do next? I and my wife has waited for PR cards to buy air tickets to stay back home in Japan for weeks to recharge the energy for next level of life.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020

My full timeline:

• The year I hung up a Canadian flag on my bedroom above my bed, hoping someday I'd get to permanently live there = January 2018

Congrats!!!!!! Wonderful news!!! I cannot even imagine how much weight fell off your shoulders.
I hope your PR card will arrive quickly. Make sure to take a proper vacation, travel home, and relax. It's gonna be great to use PR card and not worry about anything! Every other problem in life now seems tiny, I bet!

Next step, citizenship!

P.S. Yes, they say CELPIP is way easier than IELTS and TOEFL. Stick with CELPIP if you are gonna need to take english test for citizenship.

EDIT: Now, head to the spreadsheet, update the ECOPR date and highlight that MF in green! Congrats again! Cheers!

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Congrats!!!!!! Wonderful news!!! I cannot even imagine how much weight fell off your shoulders.
I hope your PR card will arrive quickly. Make sure to take a proper vacation, travel home, and relax. It's gonna be great to use PR card and not worry about anything! Every other problem in life now seems tiny, I bet!

Next step, citizenship!

P.S. Yes, they say CELPIP is way easier than IELTS and TOEFL. Stick with CELPIP if you are gonna need to take english test for citizenship.

EDIT: Now, head to the spreadsheet, update the ECOPR date and highlight that MF in green! Congrats again! Cheers!
I laminated 4 x copies of my eCoPR in full matte and premium paper, in letter format

Reactions: Biriani

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020

My full timeline:

• The year I hung up a Canadian flag on my bedroom above my bed, hoping someday I'd get to permanently live there = August 2017

Great post..Congratulations!

geraldolvn

Star Member
Nov 10, 2022
Hi, I applied for PNP online (non-EE) last year Feb 12.
Jan 30 received first contact when my application was linked to my cic account. It was request letter for fee payment. I paid fees immediately, but its been two weeks no more contact, no AOR nothing. Any similar situation?
AOR is the email you received to link your application to your CIC Account.

yslyslysl

Star Member
Jul 16, 2020

My full timeline:

Congrats!

I have the same Secondary VO as you... hopefully it has a normal speed in processing PR application.
Do you know when did your security start and how long did it take?

Vivianz

Feb 5, 2023
hey you finally landed. million congrats, my friend! what are you gonna do next? I and my wife has waited for PR cards to buy air tickets to stay back home in Japan for weeks to recharge the energy for next level of life.
Congratulations!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope mine can go through the same as yours. :)

cuteproso9

Jul 21, 2022
cool. i am under international graduate as well. to be honest, my timeline is like yours. our application is going very smooth. i am confident portal 1 should be come very soon
Yes, seems like the processing time for recent applications is really smooth and consistent. According to the sheet, the applications that have the same AR as mine and yours also have almost the same AOR, PAL and MP plus/minus a few days. I have not received any ADR yet so that is what I am concerned about. But I hope portals come very soon and we can all enjoy a beautiful summer.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Called IRCC today. Surprisingly got through. I like their Call back scheduling so you don't have to remain on the line.
Anyway, they confirmed (again) that no one looked at my submitted additional documents. They also said they can't do anything right now about this as I am under average processing time.
Primary office: Centralized Intake Office Sydney, Secondary: Calgary

Biriani

Star Member
Sep 28, 2022
Yes, seems like the processing time for recent applications is really smooth and consistent. According to the sheet, the applications that have the same AR as mine and yours also have almost the same AOR, PAL and MP plus/minus a few days. I have not received any ADR yet so that is what I am concerned about. But I hope portals come very soon and we can all enjoy a beautiful summer.
Hope so! dont worry, if they need ADR they will ask you. you already got a PAL which is a good indicator that ADR might not come.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Congrats!

I have the same Secondary VO as you... hopefully it has a normal speed in processing PR application.
Do you know when did your security start and how long did it take?
My security was done instantly - it started and finished on 9 November (I got PAL day after). I believe this is because it was already done when I first got my IEC visa. So I'm a little annoyed that sat on it for so long but oh well, we got there in the end.

Reactions: yslyslysl