+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've done some research online, but haven't found the answers so far. I'm applying under OINP Masters Stream.

Personal Background:
  • What if I went to school and worked at the same time/had multiple jobs? For now, I only put the main activities in so that there is no overlap, and I will also provide a separate document with all jobs I have had in the past 10 years plus all education/unemployment. Is that correct?
  • Do I really need to put in all my travels in there too? Even if it was just a few days?
  • I saw a video that said I need to provide old immigration documents (so if I studied in the US, I need to upload all my visa)?

Pili89

Aug 21, 2022
Hello everyone
I have applied in October 2021, (BC PNP- Skilled worker) still waiting for AOR..
Does anyone know if I am outside Canada and receive AOR, should I come back right away?
I’m not sure about next steps after AOR, I think I will need to give biometrics and medical exam, can I do it outside Canada?
Any recommendations are more than welcome.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hello everyone, can anyone provide me with the process for extending my work permit?
While searching around, I cannot find exactly how to do it. Would someone with the same status be able to show me how to do it?
As an international student, I applied through the oinp-international student stream. In April 2022, I applied online for the non-express entry program (PNP)
An offer of employment number and a copy of the job offer are attached to the support letter valid for a period of six months from the end of March.
On the CIC portal, I tried to create an application. However, this is what I see

screenshot

Since I don't see anywhere to put the support letter or the employment offer number, I'm not sure if that is correct.
Does anyone have any experience with doing that at the border Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and getting it in one day? Would you mind sharing your experience? Can I do that at the Cornwall CBSA since I live in Ottawa? If yes do I need to prepare something?
In addition, I asked the OINP about the expiration of the support letter. They said we can get it renewed if we are still employed and provide 2 recent payslips (information for someone's needs).
If you can't see where to put the support letter or employment number, you chose the incorrect application. Which for you is actually a blessing in disguise, because I would recommend not applying online.

If you're on a valid permit right now, you can flagpole (provided you have a valid Canadaian visitor visa along with your work permit) and flagpole (provided you have a valid US visa). Make sure you take your:
  • Work permit support letter or LMIA approval
  • Offer of employment number
  • Nomination certificate
  • Job offer
  • Pay stubs
  • Evidence you can do the job (resume, reference letters etc.)
Make sure you don't apply online before trying this, because once you do the CBSA agent won't be able to use the offer of employment number and your employer will have to pay another compliance fee (which they may not want to, or it may be too inconvenient for them).

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone,

I've done some research online, but haven't found the answers so far. I'm applying under OINP Masters Stream.

Personal Background:
  • What if I went to school and worked at the same time/had multiple jobs? For now, I only put the main activities in so that there is no overlap, and I will also provide a separate document with all jobs I have had in the past 10 years plus all education/unemployment. Is that correct?
  • Do I really need to put in all my travels in there too? Even if it was just a few days?
  • I saw a video that said I need to provide old immigration documents (so if I studied in the US, I need to upload all my visa)?
Yes put everything you did, even if you did multiple activities (studied/work) at the same time.

Yes you need to put ALL your travels outside your country of residency. I listed some 150 trips. Put in as much information as required commensurate with your obligations to disclose everything.

Why would you need to provide old immigration documents?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
other than incompetency, I think the equally or even more incompetent Non-EE PNP online application system, more specifically the file transfer/upload system is largely responsible for this manmade joke/humanitarian crisis. The actual file process staff cannot stop waiting for the failed-upload files to be uploaded to the GCMS by manual(*which is btw short of resources) or mechanical(*which is btw again, incompetent) means, they have to keep going, and there come those lucky guys with a later AR who had their files uploaded successfully, so theirs got processed. lol so much for the so called "technological aid".
I enjoyed reading your theory. I reckon IRCC staff have intense targets - after all the Minister is under pressure to deliver on his mandate for the Prime Minister. So operationally, Fraser told IRCC directors to get shit done quickly, and they then told case processing teams to cut corners.

So given that, the junior/administrative officers who check applications for completeness are incentivized to find applications which are easy to process. That means ignoring paper applications and those submitted in 2021 (because it's too far to scroll down in GCMS).

So they just quickly scroll randomly through applications in 2022, they look at the one's that are easy to process (i.e. inland, no dependants, minimal information to look at in documents) and then pass those on to case processing officers to start work on. And like you said if there are failed upload files they'll just ignore that application lol. If they can process say a whole bunch of applications in 7-10 months, and then ignore the others who are waiting for 18+ months, they can say: "On average, we exceeded the 11 month processing time!"

You know what it means when you exceed something at work? You get a BIG FAT BONUS!

As long as they meet their targets, who cares if people from 2020 or 2021 are waiting for AORs? It's not like any one of us have aspirations or dreams to have stability of legal status, buy houses and start families. We can wait forever! Just for an AOR!

Last edited:

MudMoverGeorge

Star Member
Jun 7, 2022
I enjoyed reading your theory. I reckon IRCC staff have intense targets - after all the Minister is under pressure to deliver on his mandate for the Prime Minister. So operationally, Fraser told IRCC directors to get shit done quickly, and they then told case processing teams to cut corners.

So given that, the junior/administrative officers who check applications for completeness are incentivized to find applications which are easy to process. That means ignoring paper applications and those submitted in 2021 (because it's too far to scroll down in GCMS).

So they just quickly scroll randomly through applications in 2022, they look at the one's that are easy to process (i.e. inland, no dependants, minimal information to look at in documents) and then pass those on to case processing officers to start work on. And like you said if there are failed upload files they'll just ignore that application lol. If they can process say a whole bunch of applications in 7-10 months, and then ignore the others who are waiting for 18+ months, they can say: "On average, we exceeded the 11 month processing time!"

As long as they meet their targets, who cares if people from 2020 or 2021 are waiting for AORs? It's not like any one of us have aspirations or dreams to have stability of legal status, buy houses and start families. We can wait forever! Just for an AOR!
Extraordinary insight. I'm afraid we just got the puzzle solved lol. Or should I say C(ry)ol, ToT. IRCC, making Canada a sad story(/~ies), since...

Shezadil

Aug 17, 2022
Just received an email from IRCC stating your Canada PR Application Received and they provided Application Number: EP......
To continue processing your application, you must link your application to an online account.

To link your application to your online account:

• Search for “link my application” on Canada.ca and follow the instructions.
  • Link your application within seven calendar days from the day you receive this letter for faster processing times.
So just want to know if the application number starts EP, that means this AOR
Yes, ur timeli e

Shezadil

Aug 17, 2022
Its confirmed that application received by IRCC and i called IRCC and checked the status and it says received, they are processing application and says automated that they dont need any additional documents, medicals, PC etc. Hope all my documents are good.
I dont understand why i need to link my application to GCC account, because already i have submitted application online portal
Gcc will give u updates

peterpnp

Feb 13, 2022

You know what it means when you exceed something at work? You get a BIG FAT BONUS!

this is very true. i believe this is the case too.

Pili89

Aug 21, 2022
Hello everyone
I have applied in October 2021, (BC PNP- Skilled worker) still waiting for AOR..
Does anyone know if I am outside Canada and receive AOR, should I come back right away?
I’m not sure about next steps after AOR, I think I will need to give biometrics and medical exam, can I do it outside Canada?
If you can't see where to put the support letter or employment number, you chose the incorrect application. Which for you is actually a blessing in disguise, because I would recommend not applying online.

If you're on a valid permit right now, you can flagpole (provided you have a valid Canadaian visitor visa along with your work permit) and flagpole (provided you have a valid US visa). Make sure you take your:
  • Work permit support letter or LMIA approval
  • Offer of employment number
  • Nomination certificate
  • Job offer
  • Pay stubs
  • Evidence you can do the job (resume, reference letters etc.)
Make sure you don't apply online before trying this, because once you do the CBSA agent won't be able to use the offer of employment number and your employer will have to pay another compliance fee (which they may not want to, or it may be too inconvenient for them).
Hello everyone
My application is inland btw, as I have a flight ahead don’t know if I receive AOR should came back to Canada for next steps, anybody same situation?

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Yes put everything you did, even if you did multiple activities (studied/work) at the same time.

Yes you need to put ALL your travels outside your country of residency. I listed some 150 trips. Put in as much information as required commensurate with your obligations to disclose everything.

Why would you need to provide old immigration documents?

Thanks so much for your reply. I found the following in the PR portal:

Provide the details of your personal history for the past 10 years, or since your 18th birthday if it was less than 10 years ago. Start with the most recent information. Under “Activity,” write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on what you were doing (for example, unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, in detention). If you were outside your country or territory of nationality, indicate your status in the country or territory you were in. Note: Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time

So based on that, I think school and work should be fine under Personal History and then a full one as additional document just in case? (I think this section is different than previous paper-based applications.)

In regards to the old foreign study visa, I saw a YouTube video of a guy, and he mentioned to upload all previous visa from other countries, which I find confusing..

ap2021

Star Member
Mar 20, 2022
Anyone with AR from May 2021 who still hasn’t received an AOR? I called IRCC and they mentioned that they have everything they need but its been 15 months and I still dont have the AOR!