+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

mcdonal22

Jul 24, 2020
Today, in the GCKey, I got 'Application Profile Updated', Under back ground check, it used to say: we are processing your background check but now it says 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.' I am confused, is this IP1 or IP2? and whats next?
For you, is it just "Processing >> In progress"? I thought you previously had N/A.. to know whether its IP1 or IP2, need to know BGC status changes from start. For me, it was like "Processing >> Not Applicable >> Processing" and then "ADR >> PAL >> DM"

Here is the flow from my timeline:

Right after getting AoR email, upon linking the application (to GCKEY), I saw that BGC indicated "We are processing your background check." So this might be FALSE IP2.

Real IP1 - I never saw my Background Check in "Your application is in progress". I used to login to check GCKEY everyday, 2~3 times a day (even on weekends). I might have skipped IP1 maybe coz I'm inland perhaps?? I may be some of those applicants who skip this stage.

NA2 - My BGC went "Not Application" - no email or GU. Some folks say its glitch and what not (as per IRCC call agent bla bla) - I don't believe it nor think it to be glitch. I think BG check when NA is like either IRCC waiting on CSIS & CBSA or both Or that info from both CSIS & CBSA has been received for applicant, VO is to further update application. or that I could be wrong, but "N/A" is certainly not glitch per say.. I was looking at very old post, like from 2018 and before, N/A means something something, everyone has their own version of story, some got GCMS notes before or just after this phase, and so they have their own say.

Real IP2 - Up logging into GCKEY, I noticed GU, "application/profile updated", BGC change to "We are processing your background check." (from N/A).

Reactions: buddy013

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
For you, is it just "Processing >> In progress"? I thought you previously had N/A.. to know whether its IP1 or IP2, need to know BGC status changes from start. For me, it was like "Processing >> Not Applicable >> Processing" and then "ADR >> PAL >> DM"

Here is the flow from my timeline:

Right after getting AoR email, upon linking the application (to GCKEY), I saw that BGC indicated "We are processing your background check." So this might be FALSE IP2.

Real IP1 - I never saw my Background Check in "Your application is in progress". I used to login to check GCKEY everyday, 2~3 times a day (even on weekends). I might have skipped IP1 maybe coz I'm inland perhaps?? I may be some of those applicants who skip this stage.

NA2 - My BGC went "Not Application" - no email or GU. Some folks say its glitch and what not (as per IRCC call agent bla bla) - I don't believe it nor think it to be glitch. I think BG check when NA is like either IRCC waiting on CSIS & CBSA or both Or that info from both CSIS & CBSA has been received for applicant, VO is to further update application. or that I could be wrong, but "N/A" is certainly not glitch per say.. I was looking at very old post, like from 2018 and before, N/A means something something, everyone has their own version of story, some got GCMS notes before or just after this phase, and so they have their own say.

Real IP2 - Up logging into GCKEY, I noticed GU, "application/profile updated", BGC change to "We are processing your background check." (from N/A).
Yeah I did my own little search reading through some of the posts in this forum. Apparently, going from "We are processing..." to "Your application is in progress..." indicates eligibility passed and security starting or something else. And when it returns back to "We are processing....", it means background completed and after that its portals. It used to take around 40-50 days for that to happen but that was during COVID. I think these changes are glitches anyway, do not indicate definitely what is going on. Glitches in a sense that there are flags that triggers the changes, but changes don't give out anything meaningful. Some people experience stuff happening with Medicals..... (completed to In progress to completed.... etc) that indicates the same things more or less. I asked for GCMS from CBSA on the July 6th too, maybe it has to do with that thing, who knows..... LOL. Btw how is your progress? Got your card?

Edit:
I have another theory:
1. your status changes from "Processing">>NA>>"Processing" might be synonymous to mine, where NA = In Progress OR
2. may be they finished your background first and then started the eligibility and for me it was the other way round, and hence different status changes.

Either way, I am just happy, somebody might have touched my file.

Last edited:

Etareri111

Star Member
Mar 7, 2023
Let me put it simply…. no definite timeline. My spouse got hers in 15 days from receipt of Copr. I’m still waiting to receive mine and that of my kids. Some are lucky others like me unfortunately have to wait. but hey u got Copr so relax, you’ll get it soon!
Hello flowerman. Please I will like to know how long it took for your dependent medical to be completed during your time of waiting for copr. Because this is the 5th month after AOR, and my dependent medical has not started . I called ircc and the agent who picked up said they are trying to sort medical. My medical has passed on tracker, because I used old medical, but it's still showing processing on GCKEY instead of medical passed. I don't know if it's because of my dependent medical that has not been passed yet. Since you processed your pr with dependent, I will like to know how it went with you. Thanks

Last edited:

Muhammad679

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
ur
Yeah I did my own little search reading through some of the posts in this forum. Apparently, going from "We are processing..." to "Your application is in progress..." indicates eligibility passed and security starting or something else. And when it returns back to "We are processing....", it means background completed and after that its portals. It used to take around 40-50 days for that to happen but that was during COVID. I think these changes are glitches anyway, do not indicate definitely what is going on. Glitches in a sense that there are flags that triggers the changes, but changes don't give out anything meaningful. Some people experience stuff happening with Medicals..... (completed to In progress to completed.... etc) that indicates the same things more or less. I asked for GCMS from CBSA on the July 6th too, maybe it has to do with that thing, who knows..... LOL. Btw how is your progress? Got your card?
your signature upto date? October applicant should get their copr by now.

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
ur

your signature upto date? October applicant should get their copr by now.
Yeah it is up to date. For BC applications, I am seeing only people that progressed and got their COPRs are mostly who submitted all their documents (without the need for ADR) including their medicals upfront. Other people who got their COPR are mostly from ON, NL, AB, SK, NB.. But I can see portals trickling down towards my timeline, stream and province. Gotta remember, the processing time is still 17 months so...

Edit: Just look at the post below.... few cases do not tell the whole story. I have seen cases from 2021 still waiting on FB.

Last edited:

OnlyWhen

Aug 6, 2022
Hi all,

My AR was August 19, 2022, and till now, my eligibility has not started.

Is anyone here in such a situation?

Every opinion is appreciated.
My AR was June 6th, 2022. Got PAL in early Jan 2023. Got a very unusual ADR2 in April (there was no reason I should've received this ADR.) No update after that!

I received GCMS notes recently. I passed eligibility in Jan 2023. Only security check is left.

Last edited:
Reactions: harinder_singh

buddy013

Jan 24, 2019
Also my tracker got updated today, might have a meaning or might be them taking the snapshot of my status in the GCMS because its been 32 days since I applied for the CBSA notes.

Flowerman

Star Member
May 3, 2023
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
App. Filed.......
06-03-2023
AOR Received.
21-03-2023
LANDED..........
June 1 2023
Hello flowerman. Please I will like to know how long it took for your dependent medical to be completed during your time of waiting for copr. Because this is the 5th month after AOR, and my dependent medical has not started . I called ircc and the agent who picked up said they are trying to sort medical. My medical has passed on tracker, because I used old medical, but it's still showing processing on GCKEY instead of medical passed. I don't know if it's because of my dependent medical that has not been passed yet. Since you processed your pr with dependent, I will like to know how it went with you. Thanks
So, let me put it this way.
1. Applied on March 6, 2023. Got AOR on March 21. 23 march, my medical and that of my spouse gets completed (we are inland). March 23, we get ADR for my child’s passport (what was used < 6 months).
2. March 28 kids Medicals updated to completed (Outland). Kids already had 2 TRVS and valid medicals, so same medical used. ADR for child passport submitted and updated on GCkey April 12.
3. Background check completed on May 2 and RFV ( ready for visa) letter issued for kids.
4. Took a while but May 26 portal 1 email received and replied to. May 29 updates for pics and address submitted. June 1 eCopr received.
So from March 6 to May 2 took less than 60days for the pr process.

Reactions: Etareri111

AMSeq

Star Member
May 8, 2023
So, let me put it this way.
1. Applied on March 6, 2023. Got AOR on March 21. 23 march, my medical and that of my spouse gets completed (we are inland). March 23, we get ADR for my child’s passport (what was used < 6 months).
2. March 28 kids Medicals updated to completed (Outland). Kids already had 2 TRVS and valid medicals, so same medical used. ADR for child passport submitted and updated on GCkey April 12.
3. Background check completed on May 2 and RFV ( ready for visa) letter issued for kids.
4. Took a while but May 26 portal 1 email received and replied to. May 29 updates for pics and address submitted. June 1 eCopr received.
So from March 6 to May 2 took less than 60days for the pr process.
Lmao what stream is this? Ultra Omega Express Entry ?! Meanwhile, there are people out there who are not getting TRVs with that kind of timeline. IRCC do be smoking some high-grade stuff these days eh. Anyway congratulations.

Muhammad679

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
My AR was June 6th, 2022. Got PAL in early Jan 2023. Got a very unusual ADR2 in April (there was no reason I should've received this ADR.) No update after that!

I received GCMS notes recently. I passed eligibility in Jan 2023. Only security check is left.
what ADR they asked? which stream are you?