+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non-Express Entry(PNP) Online Applications Gather here

Biriani

Star Member
Sep 28, 2022
Guys please look at the data - don't assume that portals come in 30 days after PAL - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U00ooiZO57vNqjpgsTvhciDdiffcozBk8os9T_zkXVg/edit#gid=0

What you'll see is that people who applied in early to mid 2021 get AORs in 11-13 months, and then their PAL/portals came through in 1-2 months. They had to wait an insanely long time just for the R.10 check but their applications wrapped up fairly quickly thereafter.

For us - late 2021 & 2022 applicants, we are getting AOR/PAL much quicker (1-6 months), but then that leaves a fairly long waiting time in between those steps and ultimately to Portal 1/ECOPR etc.

So we are all playing the waiting game, but the points at which we're waiting is different between the 2 cohorts. IRCC's target time for this stream is 11 months, so even if they give you have AR/AOR/PAL/MP in 2-6 months, they don't have to approve you for another several months to stick within their targets. They can drag out our approvals because we are a non-priority stream.
good point. i just want to change jobs ,though. i jsut want to be ina safe zone to changes jobs without having to send IRCC new paper work. PR will come...

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
good point. i just want to change jobs ,though. i jsut want to be ina safe zone to changes jobs without having to send IRCC new paper work. PR will come...
Yeah man I understand your frustration. I'm not even allowed to accept a promotion because it would impact the terms of my provincial nomination, and not being able to have a more powerful title is affecting my career. Not to mention, there are houses I want to buy but I just can't.

What's your timeline?

RustLanguage

Oct 3, 2022
Yeah man I understand your frustration. I'm not even allowed to accept a promotion because it would impact the terms of my provincial nomination, and not being able to have a more powerful title is affecting my career. Not to mention, there are houses I want to buy but I just can't.

What's your timeline?
thats sucks man.

timeline:
AR -august27
AOR- November 15
ADR nov 15th and uploaded November 22th

lamen22

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020

What's your timeline?
Why would accepting a promotion impact the terms of your provincial nomination?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Why would accepting a promotion impact the terms of your provincial nomination?
Because SINP has an issue with it - any change of job title requires them to repeat the whole nomination process. They want the employer to send in a Job Approval letter (again), then for me to request a revision of the nomination, and then to apply for a new closed work permit that states the new title.

It absolutely doesn't matter if the NOC/responsibilities remain the same - that's the SINP procedure. I know in Ontario you're okay to get promoted without it effecting the nomination.

RustLanguage

Oct 3, 2022
Because SINP has an issue with it - any change of job title requires them to repeat the whole nomination process. They want the employer to send in a Job Approval letter (again), then for me to request a revision of the nomination, and then to apply for a new closed work permit that states the new title.

It absolutely doesn't matter if the NOC/responsibilities remain the same - that's the SINP procedure. I know in Ontario you're okay to get promoted without it effecting the nomination.
thats make non sense for me. i got through BC pnp and applying for BOWP already. i talking to some people and thye told me that i am alright to change jobs as my nomination letter has no employment restriction. didnt know that SINP would be that strict

bvprajesh

May 21, 2022
Hello Guys. I have a query if anything similar with you guys. AR - 10 March, AOR - 18 August, Medical Passed 26 October, PAL 26 October and again my medical status was removed , showed as Medical not required and again today 5 Jan 23 showing Medical Passed.
There was an application update/status in 18 Nov and today again showed application update/status which gave medical passed.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
thats make non sense for me. i got through BC pnp and applying for BOWP already. i talking to some people and thye told me that i am alright to change jobs as my nomination letter has no employment restriction. didnt know that SINP would be that strict
So I don't get a BOWP under my stream, I have an employer-specific/closed permit.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
oh i understand now. shoot man, hope you like your job at least.
My job is good but as you may be aware the tech industry is going through a crunch right now and I'm being paid 40% of what I previously made back at home, with less vacation time. So if I lose my job they'll terminate my nomination, I likely won't find another job in this job market, and will most likely need to leave Canada. Hopefully that's the case but never know, shit happens, I can breathe once I get portal 1.

Last edited:

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
My job is good but as you may be aware the tech industry is going through a crunch right now and I'm being paid 40% of what I previously made back at home, with less vacation time. So if I lose my job they'll terminate my nomination, I likely won't find another job in this job market, and will most likely need to leave Canada. Hopefully that's the case but never know, shit happens, I can breathe once I get portal 1.
They issued at least 100+ Portal 1s to "TR to PR" applicants today. Ridiculous.