New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/11
AOR Received.
03/04/12
File Transfer...
[img]http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/genimg/flaggen/India-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif[/img]
Dear Members,
we are going to apply under skilled immigration category.....I would be the spouse and my wife is the main applicant.

My question is......I don't have birth certificate.. :-\..as my parent didn't registered my birth with local registrar office :'(

what should I do....I have 5-6 DOB proof including passport,Driving licence, PAN Card(INDIA) and certificates.

Please let me know what should I do now?

saket

Feb 2, 2011
I Think you need to get a brth certificate from Local municipal office of your place of birth.Try to get details of birth date and hospital and visit the office.Make sure it is issued in english and spell check the exact name.

yawanika

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2011
AOR Received.
13/04/2011
File Transfer...
05/05/2011 - In process from 14/10/11
Med's Request
14/10/2011
Med's Done....
24/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
9/12/2011
LANDED..........
9/04/2012
Hi Vicky....there's absolutely no reason to worry. In fact my case was similar. I am the main applicant (i had my birth cert) but my husband did not have the same. We submitted a self declaration on Rs.50 stamp paper with the following contents. Give your reason for not having a birth certificate. It should be okay.

<on a Rs. 50 Stamp Paper>

To whom it may concern
I, Mr.##### s/o ######## aged #######, residing at ################# do here by solemnly affirm and sincerely state as follows:
I am an Indian citizen by birth and my date of birth is #############.
I was born to Mr. ####### and Mrs. ########### who are my father and mother. I was born in ### CITY/STATE/INDIA #############.
In order to obtain a birth certificate from the local authorities, I am required to provide my birth record details from the hospital in which I was born, but I am unable to do so, as (give your reason)
I am giving this sworn statement because no birth certificate/record exists for me since (give your reason) at ####################.
In lieu of this, I am providing notarized copies of my educational documents and Passport.
My 10th and 12th class board certificates and my Passport shows my place and date of birth is ## DATE /MONTH/YEAR___, in ___CITY/STATE/INDIA #####, , India. Both the documents are enclosed for the ready references.
Thank you…
All the facts stated above are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information and belief.

I make this solemn declaration by virtue of the Statutory Declarations Act 1995 as amended and subject to the penalties provided by that Act for the making of false statements in statutory declarations to be true in every particular.

Signature of #############
Making the Declaration

Declared on this day of

All the best

Reactions: invinsiblef

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yawanika said:
Hi Vicky....there's absolutely no reason to worry. In fact my case was similar. I am the main applicant (i had my birth cert) but my husband did not have the same. We submitted a self declaration on Rs.50 stamp paper with the following contents. Give your reason for not having a birth certificate. It should be okay.
Good help there Yawanika......especially with the draft of the affidavit....+1

Mitali

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ND accepts 10th certificate as an alternative for birth certificate for indian applicants..you will also have to explain why you are not being able to produce BC with reasons in the cover letter.

vicky19 said:
Dear Members,
we are going to apply under skilled immigration category.....I would be the spouse and my wife is the main applicant.

My question is......I don't have birth certificate.. :-\..as my parent didn't registered my birth with local registrar office :'(

what should I do....I have 5-6 DOB proof including passport,Driving licence, PAN Card(INDIA) and certificates.

Please let me know what should I do now?

vicky19

Star Member
Dec 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/11
AOR Received.
03/04/12
File Transfer...
[img]http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/genimg/flaggen/India-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif[/img]
thanks a lot yawanika,

I have words with the local authorities and they are ready to issue Non-Availability of Birth Certificate.
Do I need to attach this Non-Availability of Birth Certificate with my file?
I can I ask you when did you apply for visa and have you received any conformation?

Dear Haral..... What do you mean from a covering letter? is it affidavit mentioned by yawanika or sometime else

regards
Vicky

yawanika

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2011
AOR Received.
13/04/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14/10/2011
Med's Done....
24/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
9/12/2011
LANDED..........
9/04/2012
You are welcome Vicky :). Attaching a non availability of birth certificate will add more value, to your declaration. My dates are mentioned below my name to the left. I recently completed my meds and so can safely assume that my hubby's birth certificate or rather lack of the same wouldn't have been an issue.

All the best :)

yawanika

Jul 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/03/2011
AOR Received.
13/04/2011
File Transfer...
Med's Request
14/10/2011
Med's Done....
24/10/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
9/12/2011
LANDED..........
9/04/2012
mitali said:
Good help there Yawanika......especially with the draft of the affidavit....+1

Mitali
@ Mitali - Thanks for the +1......this is very motivating indeed :)

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a letter addressed to your CHC which will explain everything you need to..

vicky19 said:
thanks a lot yawanika,

I have words with the local authorities and they are ready to issue Non-Availability of Birth Certificate.
Do I need to attach this Non-Availability of Birth Certificate with my file?
I can I ask you when did you apply for visa and have you received any conformation?

Dear Haral..... What do you mean from a covering letter? is it affidavit mentioned by yawanika or sometime else

regards
Vicky

JUNER2011

Oct 5, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
AOR Received.
August 2011 PER / 2nd AOR : September 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with Application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
September 2011
Med's Request
January 2012
Med's Done....
January 2012
Interview........
got waived :-)
Passport Req..
January 2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Ahh vicky...
Dont waste your time and energy in this fruitless exercise....VO's are concerned about Birth certificates of Principal applicant only...let me quote my own example to ease your tension..
I am the principal applicant...and i have a Birth certificate (without name) and my wife doesnt have a birth certificate !
Now, while applying I enclosed just the notarized copy of my birth certificate and class X marks card for my wife (NDVO recognizes this as valid proof of D.O.B- so no worries )
Since I applied, I have received PER from CIO sydney and 2nd AOR from NDVO too, currently status is RBVO and waiting for medicals...So my suggestion is that you dont break your head over petty issues and concentrate on your other important documentation...adding affidavits (how does Indian stamp duty matter to CIO sydney- batao batao??) and explanations just make ur case complex/complicated and confusing for VO....keep it simple buddy !!
And one more thing...if your are really finnicky about birth certificate, you can still have it made after paying a few hundred bucks as penalty for late registration of birth at your local municipal authority's office :)
Good luck with your application:)
Regards,
JUNER 2011

Reactions: invinsiblef

maulik8177

May 15, 2018
I am an Indian national. I do not have a birth certificate, because there were no provisions for this at the time of my birth. What sort of documentation can I provide to satisfy immigration authorities in lieu of a birth certificate?