+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying spouse

Vinayabraham

Feb 6, 2020
My Husband and myself are in Canada. M on PGWP and spouse is on SOWP. While filing EE, my score drops when adding him. Is it possible that i can apply first for CEC EE and then sponsor him?
also what would be a valid reason that i can mention for stating my spouse is not accompanying.
I am worried since he is already in Canada.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You must be clear upfront and say that he is non-accompanying because of points and that you will sponsor him later. We have seen examples of PR applications recently where people who don't admit that the issue is points get procedural fairness letters.

Vinayabraham

Feb 6, 2020
Thank you. But have you seen any such situation where they have taken thiz kind of case as valid...i meant for points spouse who is already in canada on WP is shown to be non accompanying

Vinayabraham

Feb 6, 2020
I did search....except one thread....long back in 2017...nothing else i could find....even that file at the end coud not come with any good response

AMYAINDIA

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
26-05-2020
I did search....except one thread....long back in 2017...nothing else i could find....even that file at the end coud not come with any good response
I’m same boat, can you confirm what you did eventually

Arod

May 15, 2017
This usually works when the spouse is outside Canada.

How do you explain to IRCC that your spouse is not accompanying when that person already lives here with you?

Chemist@1

Jul 15, 2020
My Husband and myself are in Canada. M on PGWP and spouse is on SOWP. While filing EE, my score drops when adding him. Is it possible that i can apply first for CEC EE and then sponsor him?
also what would be a valid reason that i can mention for stating my spouse is not accompanying.
I am worried since he is already in Canada.
Hey I am in similar situation. Could you please share your experience on your application? What reason you gave?
Thanks in advance.

Cec_shah

Oct 22, 2020
I dont think getting PR with non-accompanying spouse will be an issue as long as you are honest about it on the explanation letter.

But I wonder what would happen to your spouse's OWP when you receive the PR? Will that become invalid? Will he/she need to apply for visa/owp extension while you apply for sponsorship? And when can one start the sponsorship application after receiving PR? This is my situation currently.