+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non Accompanying spouse

blackh0le

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi,

I am filling EE profile, I selected Marital status as Yes and selecting No for if Spouse is accompanying you to Canada.

Reasons are multiple. One, We have a New born and we do not want to risk for another 1 year at least. Two, Alone I get 430 Points, spouse included it comes down to 406. Besides she want me to go first, check it for an year at least after I go and then she would want to join with the baby.

With this situation and a 430 Score, If I at all get an ITA in coming year, will it be a problem answering questions at embassy or while landing, as to why my spouse isn't accompanying me?

Or If I get an ITA and I did travel alone, will there be any issue sponsoring my spouse and baby in future (6 - 12 months after I travel)??

iPunjabi

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
London, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-06-2017
AOR Received.
31-10-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-01-2018
LANDED..........
07-04-2018
Hi,

I am filling EE profile, I selected Marital status as Yes and selecting No for if Spouse is accompanying you to Canada.

Reasons are multiple. One, We have a New born and we do not want to risk for another 1 year at least. Two, Alone I get 430 Points, spouse included it comes down to 406. Besides she want me to go first, check it for an year at least after I go and then she would want to join with the baby.

With this situation and a 430 Score, If I at all get an ITA in coming year, will it be a problem answering questions at embassy or while landing, as to why my spouse isn't accompanying me?

Or If I get an ITA and I did travel alone, will there be any issue sponsoring my spouse and baby in future (6 - 12 months after I travel)??
Usually it’s recommended to include spouse in your EE application.

However, given your situation and choice it’s absolutely fine. No questions asked, just one field after ITA where you specify your reason for non accompanying spouse.

I myself applied as above and got my PPR in 30 days.

Spouse visa average processing time currently is 1 year and you can only sponser once you’ve reached and are living in Canada.

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
Usually it’s recommended to include spouse in your EE application.

However, given your situation and choice it’s absolutely fine. No questions asked, just one field after ITA where you specify your reason for non accompanying spouse.

I myself applied as above and got my PPR in 30 days.

Spouse visa average processing time currently is 1 year and you can only sponser once you’ve reached and are living in Canada.
I am in a quit similar situation my CSR score is better when applying alone without my wife and the 2 kids, also POF will be easier for me alone
do you suggest me to apply alone then when landed hopefully can sponsor my wife and the 2 kids ? or it is more safe if I applied with them from early beginning ? how much it take to bring them to Canada after landing if applied alone

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
I am in a quit similar situation my CSR score is better when applying alone without my wife and the 2 kids, also POF will be easier for me alone
do you suggest me to apply alone then when landed hopefully can sponsor my wife and the 2 kids ? or it is more safe if I applied with them from early beginning ? how much it take to bring them to Canada after landing if applied alone
You will still have to show PoF as per all your family members, even if they are not accompanying you.

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
You will still have to show PoF as per all your family members, even if they are not accompanying you.
are you sure that I still need to have POF covering my wife and the 2 kids even they will not be included in my application and will not travel with me ??

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
are you sure that I still need to have POF covering my wife and the 2 kids even they will not be included in my application and will not travel with me ??
yes, non-accompanying is not a workaround! you will also need medical and PCC for all members.

Reactions: sasa80

sasa80

Star Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visa Office......
Montreal
now it is clear , it is better to include them from early beginning