+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non accompanying spouse travelling canada

nivedhitha

Jul 18, 2019
My spouse has applied for pr as spouse non accompanying. Its been a year and so we are yet to know the status. Due to covid we are apart , can i travel now to canada to be with my husband in tourist visa(family rejoin) with my baby who is recently born. Is it advisable? Will it affect the pr in any case?
Please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Is your spouse in Canada and has he applied for spousal sponsorship? That would be the first step to rejoin your family. Given he has PR, securing a visa for you and your baby is a challenge because you need to show you are only visiting, and you need written authorization to travel.

nivedhitha

Jul 18, 2019
No his PR status is in progress and he is in canada. Due to covid we haven’t heard back. My baby and I already have a tourist visa. The main concern is, will it affect in any case for Pr getting rejected or misrepresented if we land? Because by mentioning spouse not accompanying, can I visit him ? with the written authorization letter

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No his PR status is in progress and he is in canada. Due to covid we haven’t heard back. My baby and I already have a tourist visa. The main concern is, will it affect in any case for Pr getting rejected or misrepresented if we land? Because by mentioning spouse not accompanying, can I visit him ? with the written authorization letter
It doesn’t affect your PR application. You need written authorization to travel for both you and the baby.

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
My spouse has applied for pr as spouse non accompanying. Its been a year and so we are yet to know the status. Due to covid we are apart , can i travel now to canada to be with my husband in tourist visa(family rejoin) with my baby who is recently born. Is it advisable? Will it affect the pr in any case?
Please advise
Any update on your spouse PR?Did you travel

NivedhithaCibi

Jul 22, 2019
Surrey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2021
Passport Req..
03-03-2022
LANDED..........
25-08-2022
Situation has changed dramatically since then. No limitations on who can travel and no permission required.
No I meant if their spouse got their PR then would it be ok for the other spouse and child to travel on visitor visa ? Do people do that ?Won’t they be subject to extra scrutiny at the border

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I meant if their spouse got their PR then would their be aby
You can easily add a baby to a family sponsorship application once the baby is born. If there was no issue with the sponsorship application before adding the baby, adding the baby won’t be an issue.