+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Non Accompanying Dependant

cclavec

Feb 23, 2019
Hello,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

So I am currently in the process of filling out the forms to sponsor my wife. She has two sons out of wedlock. One the father will not give permission for him to accompany her.

The other she wants to be able to work before we bringing him over so that we can provide for him more comfortable, despite my insistance and the fact that I make enough to support them both based on the financial evaluation. He would be living with his grandmother for a year.

Are these valid reasons to declare them as non-accompanying, or will this potentially hurt her application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

So I am currently in the process of filling out the forms to sponsor my wife. She has two sons out of wedlock. One the father will not give permission for him to accompany her.

The other she wants to be able to work before we bringing him over so that we can provide for him more comfortable, despite my insistance and the fact that I make enough to support them both based on the financial evaluation. He would be living with his grandmother for a year.

Are these valid reasons to declare them as non-accompanying, or will this potentially hurt her application?
You don't have to give a reason for listing them as non-accompanying. Your wife is fine to list both as non-accompanying. Note that both will have to complete a medical as part of the application.

Reactions: Kevin L

cclavec

Feb 23, 2019
You don't have to give a reason for listing them as non-accompanying. Your wife is fine to list both as non-accompanying. Note that both will have to complete a medical as part of the application.
I believe one of the forms in the checklist has a section where it asks the reason why the dependants are non-accompanying. Do I then leave this blank?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I believe one of the forms in the checklist has a section where it asks the reason why the dependants are non-accompanying. Do I then leave this blank?
I would write an explanation , we did forbours and stated that the child resides with birth mother who will not allow her to accompany . She did allow the medicals though ☺

Kevin L

Mar 20, 2019
Doesthat mean the police checks arent required for non accompanying dependants?

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
Doesthat mean the police checks arent required for non accompanying dependants?
You should read your country specific requirements. However to my understanding children under 18 dont get police checks?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I think there is some criteria regarding that question.
Even when non-accompanying kids are involved....I would not leave it blank.
If they ask .....To prevent any potential delays give them a reasonable answer.

OnlyOne80

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi there! I’m going through something similar. I would state why they are not accompanying. Question though...if they are non-accompanying do you still have to pay for their fees, or is it just the spousal fees?

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi there! I’m going through something similar. I would state why they are not accompanying. Question though...if they are non-accompanying do you still have to pay for their fees, or is it just the spousal fees?
Yes, unless the form has been updated, you will have to pay for their fees.
Also, they will have to complete medicals that you will pay for.
And, if the dependants are 18 yrs or older they may require police check.
Don't forget the biometrics,
It's not cheap and adds up quickly..... (Just wait till there in Canada) !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You don't pay fees for non-accompanying dependents.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Ok that makes sense! No fees, but you have to pay for medicals/biometrics?
Last year IRCC required us to pay upfront for non-accompanying dependents.
I understand forms and policies get updated frequently so make sure you have the most up to date information to
prevent any delays with your application. It would not be good to have your application returned due to missing fees.

Yes, you pay for medicals and biometrics.

laport2018

Sep 25, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
AOR Received.
17-12-2018
File Transfer...
20-03-2019
Med's Request
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
16-01-2019
I understand forms and policies get updated frequently so make sure you have the most up to date information to
prevent any delays with your application. It would not be good to have your application returned due to missing fees.

When I applied in September , I did not pay upfront for non accompanying dependants , but yes check the guide and your country specifics to be 100% , cic changes way too much to not check. Yes we paid for medicals but only when asked

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

You likely made an incorrect selection, as immigration fees are not required for non-accompanying dependents. IRCC then has to go through the hassle of refunding the fees.