+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOI from Ontario

akhildeviprasad

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All,

I received my NOI few days back.

There is one more thing that I wanted to clarify.
When I started my career, I joined in a startup company which doesn't exist anymore, but I had mentioned the company's name in my express entry profile. So is it ok if I delete that record before submitting my OINP profile just to be on the safe side?

Because I cannot get the reference letters and neither can they check with anymore if I worked there. The companies name doesn't even come on a Googlesearch. I am worried about this. Please advise

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi All,

I received my NOI few days back.

There is one more thing that I wanted to clarify.
When I started my career, I joined in a startup company which doesn't exist anymore, but I had mentioned the company's name in my express entry profile. So is it ok if I delete that record before submitting my OINP profile just to be on the safe side?

Because I cannot get the reference letters and neither can they check with anymore if I worked there. The companies name doesn't even come on a Googlesearch. I am worried about this. Please advise
you can delete it if its not your primary NOC (incase you have multiple) and wont decrease your score.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi
I got an Interest Notification from OINP in my Express Entry profile yesterday 2nd Feb - I think its part of their human capital draw that happened. I have 45 days to submit the application in the OINP system
I have the below questions
  1. My CRS is 481 as of today but my birth day falls this month ( 16th Feb) so i will loose points. So Do i need to submit the application in OINP before my birth day ? Or can i take the full 45 days to submit my application in OINP. Do i need to submit the application in OINP system before my birth day ?
  2. I also got 5 additional points in my CRS for my spouse canada work experience. But her 1 year will only complete on 13th March 2023.The express entry system award the full points before you actually complete the one year.
I am in a fix now - I thought i will wait till 14th March and then submit the application in OINP but then i will loose points on age.

Please advise on how should i proceed on this.

neo69

Mar 21, 2021
Hi
I got an Interest Notification from OINP in my Express Entry profile yesterday 2nd Feb - I think its part of their human capital draw that happened. I have 45 days to submit the application in the OINP system
I have the below questions
  1. My CRS is 481 as of today but my birth day falls this month ( 16th Feb) so i will loose points. So Do i need to submit the application in OINP before my birth day ? Or can i take the full 45 days to submit my application in OINP. Do i need to submit the application in OINP system before my birth day ?
  2. I also got 5 additional points in my CRS for my spouse canada work experience. But her 1 year will only complete on 13th March 2023.The express entry system award the full points before you actually complete the one year.
I am in a fix now - I thought i will wait till 14th March and then submit the application in OINP but then i will loose points on age.

Please advise on how should i proceed on this.
I got the reply from OINP for the first point - you dont loose points due to birthday once you have got the NOI - documenting it here incase anyone else has the same question in future.

I still need a confirmation on the 2nd point - can anyone please answer based on past experience / knowledge

rachitjain03

Nov 23, 2022
I got the reply from OINP for the first point - you dont loose points due to birthday once you have got the NOI - documenting it here incase anyone else has the same question in future.

I still need a confirmation on the 2nd point - can anyone please answer based on past experience / knowledge
Hi @neo69, I am not sure but Express Entry and OINP are not linked. Once we receive the NOI from Ontario, still our points can go up or down based on the birthday, and language test. In our case, we lost 5 points (birthday) after receiving the NOI from Ontario but once we get 600 points then it hardly matters.