+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOI Alberta

Tyam

Jan 15, 2021
I called the ainp office (Edmonton office) and asked them if they did another draw or will do anther one soon. The officer did not give me any information. He said I can not tell you.

Reactions: RyanGiggs011

Alberta2018

Dec 8, 2020
Hi. I have questions about AOS and AEES
I graduated last summer 2020 in Alberta, the diploma in Information Technology. Currently hold PGWP expired in July 2023.
I got a job and have been working since August, and the title is Computer technician, title of NOC 2242 Electronic service Technician.
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/marketreport/requirements/3287/ca
https://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/occupations-in-alberta/occupation-profiles/computer-service-technician/
I check the duties of both sites, and the descriptions match 90% of my work. But both sites state that this NOC is provincial regulated. My company hired me base on only my IT diploma, I've never heard about any license, certification or registration to do the job. I asked all my colleagues, and they said they don't have any registration and this job doesn't need a license to work like doctor, nurse or engineer if you want to call yourself P.Eng
My questions:
1/ Do I need to match their education requirement, because computer is related to my study filed, but electronic is the primary NOC, and I don't have electronic education ?
2/ if I apply for AOS and EE-CEC (EE-CEC is also for Alberta EE stream because I don't have enough points without nomination) in 2021, and they ask me for registration to do the job because of regulated requirement, how can I do that while I already work for a year without any registration, will that affect my company because they hire somebody to work without registration in regulated occupation? And my CEC application got rejected?
Any advice? I need your help, this issue stressed me out so much. Thank you

Satveersingh17

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hey!!

Reply from Alberta’s Twitter account:-

Hello - apologies for the delayed reply. At this time, only individuals living and working in Alberta are being selected from the federal pool and nominated under the Alberta Express Entry Stream. The Government of Alberta continues to review the Alberta Immigration Nominee Program. Any updates to processes and criteria for this stream will be posted on the AINP website.

Reactions: RyanGiggs011

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
This is my pfofile pls do let me confirm ami I eligible or not?

- IELTS : CLB 7
- Education : ECA equivalent to Master in Microbiology
- Experience : 2.5 years ( Instructor in university) 4011
- Age 30
- Ties : Brotehrs in law lives in ALberta since 18 years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is my pfofile pls do let me confirm ami I eligible or not?

- IELTS : CLB 7
- Education : ECA equivalent to Master in Microbiology
- Experience : 2.5 years ( Instructor in university) 4011
- Age 30
- Ties : Brotehrs in law lives in ALberta since 18 years.
What is your CRS score. Is your brother in law your wife’s brother?