+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOI Alberta

Adolescent

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
I got the nomination and I only mentioned my work responsibilities, working hours, income and the date that I have started working in the Ref letter.
Hello koo, I held different positions in similar departments in the same company. My question is Do each of the positions need to separately satisfy substantial duties of NOC 1311 or overall combined performance of substantial duties are enough? Could you please help

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Congratulations!!!!!
EE profile creation: July 21 /19
CRS: 421
NOC: 2173
NOI received: July 23/19
NOI answer: July 24/19
Checklist received: July 25/19
Documents Sent: Aug 17/19
Documents reached: Aug 20/19
File number received: Sept 20/19
Nomination received: Sept 30/19

Got nominated today, good luck everyone!
Congrats! Please did you submit your original ECA (WES)? I haven't received my original copy yet. Can I send the e

koo

Aug 22, 2019
Hello koo, I held different positions in similar departments in the same company. My question is Do each of the positions need to separately satisfy substantial duties of NOC 1311 or overall combined performance of substantial duties are enough? Could you please help
It would be better to choose the position which can cover most of the duties of NOC 1311. Keep it as simple as you can, do not confuse the officer. but note that if its necessary mention both of them, so each of them should cover the responsibilities. this is my idea, it would be better to ask others too.

Last edited:

Tray

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
certainly, yes. AINP said to include the following info in ref. letter -
• education required
• skills and knowledge necessary for duties
• work experience required
I'm confused about the above. What, where and how should I put them in the letter? Everything else I have them in control
So your employer needs to state what type of educational background or degree was required for you job, same with the work experience and skills see example below:

NAME was familiar with the SAGE accounting program, MicroSoft Office etc.. which was a key in hiring her/him. He/She had a degree in Business Administration which was a requirement for the position. Name 2 years work experience as an Office Assistant also contributed to the necessary skills and experience that was needed for the position that he or she currently works.

That's basically what they need, just make sure that all the information required are stated on the letter.

Ofure1

Oct 4, 2019
So your employer needs to state what type of educational background or degree was required for you job, same with the work experience and skills see example below:

NAME was familiar with the SAGE accounting program, MicroSoft Office etc.. which was a key in hiring her/him. He/She had a degree in Business Administration which was a requirement for the position. Name 2 years work experience as an Office Assistant also contributed to the necessary skills and experience that was needed for the position that he or she currently works.

That's basically what they need, just make sure that all the information required are stated on the letter.
Not really. My reference letter was plain. As long as you have the date you started and ended, the tittle of the job and hours worked, you should be fine. You can also print out a copy of your job description from your company’s job posting. It should be fine

Tray

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Not really. My reference letter was plain. As long as you have the date you started and ended, the tittle of the job and hours worked, you should be fine. You can also print out a copy of your job description from your company’s job posting. It should be fine
Well, I find it that it's easier to go with what CIC asks for, all the ones I've done for people are usually just having the employer state everything as stated in the outline and no one has had an issue, that is more legit than just printing off the job posting plus not everyone can get the company job posting if they've been working there for more than 2 years hence why they request for "employment reference letter"

Ofure1

Oct 4, 2019
Well, I find it that it's easier to go with what CIC asks for, all the ones I've done for people are usually just having the employer state everything as stated in the outline and no one has had an issue, that is more legit than just printing off the job posting plus not everyone can get the company job posting if they've been working there for more than 2 years hence why they request for "employment reference letter"
I understand but just saying for those who have employers that won’t write a detailed reference letter!

Tray

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
certainly, yes. AINP said to include the following info in ref. letter -
• education required
• skills and knowledge necessary for duties
• work experience required
I'm confused about the above. What, where and how should I put them in the letter? Everything else I have them in control
Also that part is basically a paragraph in the letter and it most certainly won't hurt to include it. I always say give them exactly what they want cause no case is exactly the same plus you never know the type of agent you'll get. My lawyer friend told me that some people's application was prolonged due to the rejection of the employment letter they provided not to scare you but please just be smart with your application. :)

Tray

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I understand but just saying for those who have employers that won’t write a detailed reference letter!
If you follow the guideline of what they as for a detailed employment letter is usually no longer than a page so I don't understand why some employers would not want to provide that. It's just straight forward. I know some employers are a pain in the behind I had one of such who almost destroyed my whole application, this lady refused to provide me with a reference letter cause she was scared that the government was going to come after her, loll it was a hell of period but I did get it though.

Ofure1

Oct 4, 2019
If you follow the guideline of what they as for a detailed employment letter is usually no longer than a page so I don't understand why some employers would not want to provide that. It's just straight forward. I know some employers are a pain in the behind I had one of such who almost destroyed my whole application, this lady refused to provide me with a reference letter cause she was scared that the government was going to come after her, loll it was a hell of period but I did get it though.
I have seen threads of people complain. I don’t see how difficult it is to write a detailed letter. As for me, I just sent my confirmation of employment and the job description. That was enough.

Tray

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
I have seen threads of people complain. I don’t see how difficult it is to write a detailed letter. As for me, I just sent my confirmation of employment and the job description. That was enough.
Yeah sometimes It is a very big deal; I was actually surprised when my lawyer friend showed me the number of rejected applications due to reference letter not meeting the requirement. She actually said she thinks it depends on the agents as well some of them might be having a horrible day and then take it upon innocent applicants that's why she said it's best to give them what they ask for in case a moody agent is reviewing an applicant the agent will have no reason to send it back. And like I said some employers are mean like hell so they also tend to be a problem. I'm glad you didn't have an issue with yours. :)