+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC2253 - Reference letter. Very close match

alexsmith14

Jan 1, 2019
Hello all,

I would like to clarify if my reference letter is OK.
I have received it from HR, but it was too vague, and many duties that I was performing were missing.

Now after I edited it (referencing duties from NOC2253 official website) - I think it looks too suspicious, as I am performing almost all of the duties (which is true) and it looks like copy/paste.

Do you think my duties are OK or should I paraphrase?

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. X was employed with X Inc. in X, Canada from X to March X

X is a largest producer of sheet metal products in X Canada

Details of his employment are given below:

Designation: Programmer

Date of joining: X

Employee ID: X

Hours of work/week: 40

Department: Programming

Reporting Manager: Programming Manager

Hourly salary: $X

Duties and responsibilities handled by Alex Alex are as follows:

· Develop and prepare parts, assemblies, design sketches and blueprints by interpreting customer drawings using SolidWorks

· Use CAD drafting workstation to design parts, produce drawing sets according to customer sketches

· Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimensions and configurations using engineering calculations

· Estimate material usage and time required for production processes (Laser and Punching)

· Review and update existing models and drawings to incorporate design changes

· Use NC Express software to create CNC programs for Finn-Power turret punching machine

· Use TOPS Laser software to create CNC programs for Trumpf laser cutting machine

· Check and verify design drawings to conform to customer specifications

· Assist in writing technical reports

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me

X, HR Generalist

email of HR
phone number of HR

Last edited:

alexsmith14

Jan 1, 2019
This is what the actual NOC2253 looks like:

Drafting technologists and technicians prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information, in multidisciplinary engineering teams or in support of engineers, architects or industrial designers, or they may work independently. They are employed by consulting and construction companies, utility, resource and manufacturing companies, all levels of government and by a wide range of other establishments.

Drafting technologists perform some or all of the following duties:

• Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
  • Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
  • Develop and prepare design sketches
  • Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
  • Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
  • Write technical reports
  • Prepare contracts and tender documents
  • Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
  • Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.

J-star

Jul 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-08-2020
Hello all,

I would like to clarify if my reference letter is OK.
I have received it from HR, but it was too vague, and many duties that I was performing were missing.

Now after I edited it (referencing duties from NOC2253 official website) - I think it looks too suspicious, as I am performing almost all of the duties (which is true) and it looks like copy/paste.

Do you think my duties are OK or should I paraphrase?
Hey can you tell me how does it went through??
I mean with letter which you got from your HR, does it worked??
I am also in same boat.