App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
For those whose work experience may be question by CIC keep in mind that the CIC Guidelines state that if the work description is a close copy of the duties described in NOC codes then the CIC Officer will have good reasons to deny the application based on credibility. What this means is that the CIC Officer has a duty to ensure that work experience indicated in the employer reference letter fits within the "ambit" of the NOC description - it cannot be word for word because the applicant will be deemed to be not credible otherwise. See for reference: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2013/2013fc849/2013fc849.pdf

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
Amisnic said:
For those whose work experience may be question by CIC keep in mind that the CIC Guidelines state that if the work description is a close copy of the duties described in NOC codes then the CIC Officer will have good reasons to deny the application based on credibility. What this means is that the CIC Officer has a duty to ensure that work experience indicated in the employer reference letter fits within the "ambit" of the NOC description - it cannot be word for word because the applicant will be deemed to be not credible otherwise. See for reference: https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/fct/doc/2013/2013fc849/2013fc849.pdf
Is there any chance to send additional reference letter with cower letter? CEC received my application oct 27 and I'm still waiting for AOR. My boss wrote me a letter using descriptions from NOC CODE. not all duties, only 2 out of 6, but still those two are descriptions from the website. I am afraid that if I my application will be processed by a picky vo it might be a problem.
Any suggestions??????

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Hi, if you send me your role profile and the NOC code, etc I can draft a letter for your boss to sign, and yes, you can forward another employment reference letter, do it quickly. Forward me your email and we'll take this off-line.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
MONKUCHA said:
Is there any chance to send additional reference letter with cower letter? CEC received my application oct 27 and I'm still waiting for AOR. My boss wrote me a letter using descriptions from NOC CODE. not all duties, only 2 out of 6, but still those two are descriptions from the website. I am afraid that if I my application will be processed by a picky vo it might be a problem.
Any suggestions??????
Hi,
you can send any document but after you get your AOR with the file number. Without that it'll be impossible to locate your file.

Brookee

Sep 30, 2013
Hi.
This is an interesting thread that's got me a little worried. My partner is a butcher/meat cutter and the employment letter we sent with our PR application is very, very similar to the butcher/meat cutter noc code description on the CIC website, some of his descriptions were word for word off the CIC website. Which after reading this has gotten me very worried. The problem is, the descriptions on the CIC website is exactly what he does in his daily work, ie;

Cut, trim, and otherwise prepare standard cuts of meat, poultry and fish.

Grind meats and slice cooked meats using powered grinders and slicing machines

Shape, lace and tie roasts and other meats, poultry or fish.

Manage inventory, keep records of sales and determine amount, product line and freshness of products according to company and customer requirements

We have added other duties as he supervises other staff, however I am worried that we have very closely (possibly too closely) the noc code description on the CIC website. But, the description is exactly what he does and I am a little lost at different ways to word it. He can get a new letter from his employer (we haven't received our AOR yet) with different wording and send it in once we get our AOR.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful, I really don't want to be knocked back because of this, if I can get a new letter organized and send it in, it would help a lot.

Thanks