+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC problem

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I recently sent an email to NOC-cnp to get a backing from them for my NOC however for one my job they have come with a NOC C code instead of B which matches for closely, now I am unsure if I should apply for PR at all or just wait till I get a clear approval ?
Please suggest

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
If your duties are more NOC B based rather than NOC C, and you can get a proper employment reference letter to prove this you should be fine. But if you know that your job duties are more geared towards NOC C...then I honestly wouldn't suggest applying for PR at the moment but wait until you have enough experience under the eligible NOC. Remember you have to convince the VO that you did perform the duties listed under the NOC you're applying under. If you can't, then your application will be refused.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its all because my employer did not want to give too much detail, what are the option to prove my duties? Will it be a good idea to write my own letter with duties along with the original letter?
Or seek help from any professional who might draft it properly?

wessless

Aug 11, 2013
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-02-2014 RPRF/BIODATA
AOR Received.
12-08-2013
Med's Request
12-02-2014
Med's Done....
14-02-2014
Passport Req..
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Do you have a Manager or Supervisor who would be willing to write a more detailed letter on the company's letterhead? If yes, this can strenghten your case. Also if you have any communication such as an email from your employer stating they cannot provide detailed letter, you can send that and an explanation letter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tdot_guy said:
Hi everyone,

I recently sent an email to NOC-cnp to get a backing from them for my NOC however for one my job they have come with a NOC C code instead of B which matches for closely, now I am unsure if I should apply for PR at all or just wait till I get a clear approval ?
Please suggest
First, understand that HRSDC can give you an opinion, but it is not binding on CIC. CIC will make its own assessment based on the letter of employment. If the Letter of Employment is not convincing, then HRSDC's opinion won't matter.

Unfortunately, sometimes there's an NOC B and C with closely related descriptions (this is less common than applicants think, tho, applicants miss some of the details that CIC focuses on). In those cases, CIC usually (not always) errors on the conservative side - meaning NOC C, and a refusal.

This is also one case where CIC might look at average wages for the NOC to differentiate between the two. So my suggestion would be to (a) be honest with yourself first - "upskilling" yourself through wishful thinking often results in a disappointment after a long wait, and (b) if you are certain that your experience is best described by the "B" NOC, then work on getting the best Letter of Employment that you can.

Cavin

Oct 28, 2012
Hey there

I had to get my LMO done before applying for my closed work permit in 2011. My LMO had the code NOC code mentioned. Use excatly the same and attach copy of LMO. You should be fine.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all for responding,

@wessless: it was my previous employer and they have given me a letter which doesn't seem to be working (

@jes_ON
I am confident that I was performing NOC B duties under 6235, they have provided a code for C level, my duties dont match 100% however they do match quite a bit. My actual duties don't reflect on the letter though, only a few.
@cavin
Can you please elaborate on LMO? can it be done for previous job too? because for my present job (3 months)the duties are very clear, its my previous job (11.5months) where I am having issues

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tdot_guy said:
@ jes_ON
I am confident that I was performing NOC B duties under 6235, they have provided a code for C level, my duties dont match 100% however they do match quite a bit. My actual duties don't reflect on the letter though, only a few.

Then the problem you need to solve is the duties on the letter.

@ cavin
Can you please elaborate on LMO? can it be done for previous job too? because for my present job (3 months)the duties are very clear, its my previous job (11.5months) where I am having issues

What type of work permit do you have? (An LMO is required for closed work permits, but not for open work permits).

sanat.376

Star Member
Jan 8, 2014
hey t_dot
Can you tell me the process to send an email to the NOC agency/body?
I have got a job offer from a company that undertakes power flushing,augering,snaking,video inspection,repair and installation of drains in residential and commercial.It also requires sometimes to take off,then re-install toilets,sinks. It is a part of plumbing but none of the duties match the conventional duties of a plumber on jobbank.gc.ca, or elsewhere. will this work still fall under NOC code for plumbers which is 7251??

Thanks in advance
Sanat

saadt

Star Member
Mar 1, 2012
I don't understand why some employers avoid giving out reference letter. Are they gonna get into trouble or something? Doesn't make sense.

I am so lucky here because my employer just told me to write a letter and she signed it without even looking at it lol

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
There's probably no legitimate reason to refuse to write the letter. Some companies have a policy not to give job references, where they would have to answer questions about your performance and give an opinion on your suitability for a new job. The CEC reference letter simply attests to the fact that you worked at a company, and what you did.

From some of the stories on here, some employers shy away from giving letters because it would invite attention to their questionable business practices (for example, how much they pay employees vs. how much tax they report to the government).

Or they think the letters will create some workload for them in the future (beyond a simple phone call from CIC which I think any HR department can handle).