+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOC for Scrum Master

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Hey there,

I am trying to find the NOC for Scrum Masters (Software).

My current work had this requirements when I applied:

ScrumMaster is responsible for:
- Provides a single point of contact for projects
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings such as daily standup, sprint planning, demos and sprint retrospectives and other agile related meetings.
- Help the Product Owner and the Team maximize productivity by removing obstacles
- Work with the team to achieve effective story breakdown
- Assist the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Manage multiple features through every phase of the projects
- Work with other teams to coordinate deliverables across multiple projects
- Facilitate discussion and encourage alternatives or different approaches
- Play a key role in coaching teams to ensure Agile principles are properly implemented and adopted.
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Radiates information such as backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition to ensure transparency.
- Lead a team to self-organization

Minimum Requirements
- B.S in Computer Science\related field or relevant work experience
- 2+ years experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment with changing requirements
- Experience delivering web application projects\solutions
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Certified ScrumMaster (or equivalent) or suitable hands on Agile experience

Required experience:
- Scrum Master: 1 year

Reactions: sushantkanchan

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
salimb said:
Hey there,

- Coordinate and facilitate meetings such as daily standup, sprint planning, demos and sprint retrospectives and other agile related meetings.
- Help the Product Owner and the Team maximize productivity by removing obstacles
- Assist the team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Play a key role in coaching teams to ensure Agile principles are properly implemented and adopted.
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation
- Radiates information such as backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition to ensure transparency.

Minimum Requirements
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic environment with changing requirements

Required experience:
- Scrum Master: 1 year
I'm assuming you were in a tech company. Were you an actual manager? i.e Did you have the ability to hire and fire people and did you manage a budget?

From what you describe, you sound like a product manager. The closest I could find was NOC 1122.

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
Hello Ashu,

I don't have the ability to hire and fire people and did not manage any budget. Here, it's the role of the VP of engineering.
My role is to work with the teams, and make sure they can achieve their commitments.
The VP of engineering, does however ask me input about the individuals on the teams.

Cheers

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
salimb said:
Hello Ashu,

I don't have the ability to hire and fire people and did not manage any budget. Here, it's the role of the VP of engineering.
My role is to work with the teams, and make sure they can achieve their commitments.
The VP of engineering, does however ask me input about the individuals on the teams.

Cheers
Based on what you're telling me, you should be a product manager\consultant. I'd recommend trying NOC 1122. When you ask your employer for a reference letter, try to get them to align your specified duties\responsibilities with those of NOC 1122 as much as possible.

Good luck.

salimb

Oct 29, 2015
I guess NOC 1122 looks close enough thanks :)

Is it ok to switch from 0213 to 1122? ( I used 0213 to apply for the ITA, and now I can apply for PR)
I realized that even though I look like a manager when i explain my role, I don't manage a budget, and don't hire, or fire people/

It shouldn't change my score.

Reactions: sushantkanchan

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
salimb said:

Is it ok to switch from 0213 to 1122? ( I used 0213 to apply for the ITA, and now I can apply for PR)
I realized that even though I look like a manager when i explain my role, I don't manage a budget, and don't hire, or fire people/

If your score isn't affected, you should be fine. Just explain the change in a LOE and make sure your EE profile and you eAPR are consistent.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
ashu1710 said:
Won't work, unless he actually wrote code.
I'm a project manager who didn't write code and I got through 2173 and 2174.

That said, 1122 would also work. I think it's OK to switch.

jtin

Nov 28, 2016
salimb said:

Hey Salim,

I was in a similar situation searching for a NOC code for my role as a Project Manager although my description did fit with the 0213 and 0211 I went for 1221 because the 0 NOC codes are departmental managers. So I would suggest to switch to 1122 or any of the 21 series whichever fits best. Avoid 0213 if possible.

Hope this helps.

graciax452

Apr 25, 2016
jtin said:
Avoid 0213 if possible.
Why would one Avoid 0213? I have 44 points so hope to be in next draw. I currently have 2171 on my profile but I am getting more years as a line manager as well so was thinking of changing it to 0213... My current CV says Scrum Master/ Project Manager and i have line manager duties as well.

sushantkanchan

Apr 30, 2018
Hey there,

Minimum Requirements

Required experience:
- Scrum Master: 1 year[/QUOTE

sushantkanchan

Apr 30, 2018

Yes, 1122 looks the closest. Thank-you.